Hotel Rochester Champs Elysees

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Chris_66's Profile Photo

Excellent 4 star hotel by the Champs Elysees

The Rochester Champs-Elysees hotel was a delightful hotel in the heart of Paris. My room was very comfortable and bigger than expected. Its classic french decoration, I would say, Louis XV style with light colour and elegant furnitures was delighful. My room faced the inner garden, courtyard, so was very calm and sleep was perfect. The staff was so helpful especially the concierge, Roshan, who was extremely responsive to all my needs...and always with a smile!
    I enjoyed also their Spa, with free access to its guests and you find there everything you expect from a fitness center (Power Plate or Star Trac Pro machines (runner, cycle and elliptic cycle) and a fitness bench with dumbbells). Their hammam although small is totally ok and I got a Shiatsu massage that was very relaxing. The hotel is ideally located in the middle of all the attractions! The Champs-Elysees is a couple of blocks away and the shopping is wonderful!!!

Unique Quality: Luxury accomodations, great breakfast buffet, excellent Spa, unbeatable location

Directions: Saint Philippe de Roule metro station, Champs Elysees area

More about Hotel Rochester Champs Elysees

Fabulous spot; great location!

by TripAdvisor Member Vail2Italy

I just returned from a July 2006 stay at the Rochester Champs-Elysees with my two children (ages 9 and 13) and my mother (aged 70), and I loved the hotel. My room, a triple, was incredibly large and quiet (I asked for a room on the courtyard). My mother's room, a single, was also good sized for one person. Her room, which overlooked the Rue d'Boetie, was a bit loud at night as the bar on the street keeps late hours (this did not bother my mother as she is a sound sleeper). All of the necessary accessories, nice towels, bathrobe, in-room safe, mini-bar (very expensive), were present. I found the concierge and porter to be very helpful. The desk staff was fine, albiet a bit short (in a fairly typical French manner) when needed. Breakfast was lovely. The usual croissants and bread, coffeee, chocolate for the kids were available, but also cereal, eggs, sausage, yogurt and coldcuts. Everything was delightful and breakfast was included in our rate. The hotel was very nice to my children (not always the case in Paris).

The location cannot be beat. The hotel is located right next to the metro (which we took everywhere) and a short walk to the Rue Faubourg St. Honore and Champs Elysees. However, there were not many restaurants in the immediate area.

There is free internet service available on a laptop in the lobby. However, the service never worked any time I tried to access email, so don't count on it. I would definitely stay here again and found it a good value for the money.

Excellent Service, Room & Location

After recommendations from friends, I decided to invite my girlfriend to the Rochester for a special week-end in Paris (Feb 2006). I visited numerous 4 star hotels in paris and the Rochester was a joy. The room was large and very well decorated but above all very silent. If you want to sleep well that’s the place to go to: there is even double entry doors to make sure you are not disturbed from any corridor noise. The food was good, the service excellent, the bed very comfortable, there was also a marble bathroom which impressed my girlfriend. The only downside was to find the bar closed. I asked the reception why: they kindly explained it was being renovated and would soon (I believe in spring) re-open with a spa and a fitness room. I will definitely come back to try it.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member natakia1108

I LOVE this Hotel. I'm a little late writing my review. I stayed at this hotel 3 times in 2005. The staff is just wonderful. I love the fact that they have a computer/internet you can use in what seems to be a telephone booth in the lobby, the best part...it's free. The rooms and bathroom were quite clean. They offered high speed in the room for a small extra fee. The location is great! Very close to the subway, extremely easy to navigate.

The only down side is, one night I stayed in a room that was right across the street from a CLUB...Boy I didn't sleep ALL night, and there were no other rooms...

TIP ask for a garden view room to ensure you can sleep at night, or maybe bring ear plugs just in case. But it's just a great little hotel!

fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member olly1968

Location could not be better, near to all of the major attractions. After reading reveiws on this site we asked for a courtyard room, however although they were available they were not ajoining so we decided to stay in our original rooms overlooking the street. There was some noise as mentioned but we did not find it intrusive. Breakfast was included in our deal but if it isnt its 16 euros or 23euros which is expensive even by paris standards, fantastic pattiserrie just round the corner which is very reasonable. Staff all speak excellent english and more than willing to help. All in all a good clean hotel that I would definitely use again

Beautiful hotel in Excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member travelfroggy

Just returned from 6 night stay at the Rochester. The hotel is all together beautiful, and clean. It is two steps from the metro Sainte-Phillipe du Roule and 5-10 minute walk to the Champs Elysees. They are just finishing up some remodeling in the reception, lobby area. The bar that you see in the photos is no longer there. They are making a bigger area that includes a small dining area. It should be complete soon. We saw the tables, chairs, etc. in their wrappings. They have just finished laying carpet in some of the staircases and in our room. Our room had a weird smell, either carpet glue or wood stain, kind of smelled like curry to me. Other than that our room was awesome. We had a suite, however we never used the sitting room, because when we were there we were exhausted and in bed. Nice plasma screen TV on the wall 3 or 4 english channels. Very clean, Toilet in separate room from shower/bath. New plush towels that even smelled good. Lots of closet space. Free laptop for internet use in the lobby was iffy and only worked on occasion. Nice outside sitting area with fountain but it was to cold to enjoy. Breakfast in bed to days and pastries from the patisserie others have mentioned that is just around the corner. Didn't come across any loud bars across the street that others have mentioned. Slept like a log every night. Recommend Olives Restaurant on Roosevelt if you're looking from something close when you're really tired.

Average hotel, few facilities

by TripAdvisor Member saradeva

We arrived at this hotel expecting four star facilities, but were disappointed. There is no restaurant, other than what's used as the breakfast room. The breakfast is very small and the hot selection was TINY...this is charged at 23euro. Our breakfast was to be included, but were charged an extra 7euro each for the hot food.

Upon arrival, the front desk person was fantastic and he upgraded us to a suite for free which was great.

The rooms are clean and simple and the bed was VERY comfortable.

The lifts are the smallest I've ever seen and we had to go up in groups of two....I suppose this could be looked at as "quaint", but inconvenient with a pram.

The location was great...we were about 3 blocks from the Champs Elysees at the opposite end of the Arc D'Triomphe.

The concierge was fantastic...very helpful and accommodating.

Overall, it was an ok hotel but we would try something different next time.

Location is what matters

by TripAdvisor Member Steven15976

Having visited this hotel mid July 2006, the hotel is just perfectly placed to see all that Paris has to offer. It is a five minute walk to the right to get to the Champs Elysees and to the left a matter of 50 yards to the nearest Metro Station. Prior to arriving the concierge department were excellent in their arrangements for us. They assisted in organising a car to collect us at CDG airport, and a return journey. Both of which were seamless. Upon checking in I was glad to see that my request via the concierge for an upgraded room overlooking the internal courtyard was in place. It was a lovely room with a small dressing area, double bed, seating area beside window which looked out on ground floor to the courtyard and the flowers, a very nice feature. There were a few down sides to the hotel, with the bed not being the most comfortable and the pillows matching. The breakfast was not that great, limited choice for those on continental breakfast and not really value for money. I would have to say that the main selling point that the hotel has is location, with a nice room I feel a 3/4 rating is justified with the service prior to the visit pushing it into the 4 barrier. When in Paris just get ready to walk, go and see as much as you can and enjoy the city, it truly is an amazing city that is best seen by walking. One piece of advice, we decided to go to the Jules Verne restaurant on 2nd floor of Eiffel tower. I would not bother, it was expensive and the view was obstructed by the tower itself, at £10 for a small glass of wine at lunch time and food prices to match, there are far better restaurants to go to and just take the lift to the 2nd floor and enjoy the view.

Rochester Hotel is Perfect!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Londonmissions

The Rochester Hotel was everything and more. My sister and I were only in Paris for two days, but it was the best two days of our lives. We spent the rest of our time in London. The Rochester Hotel was exceptional. The consierge and all the staff at the hotel were so accommodating to us. The hotel was spotless. The rooms were perfect and again so clean. Everything was perfect to make our first stay in Paris so memoriable. We will definitely come back to Paris and definitely stay at the Rochester Hotel.

Thank you Louis for everything.

Jennifer