Hotel Saint-Honore Paris

Rated 13% higher but also costs 152% more than other 2 star hotels

More about Hotel Saint-Honore Paris

Very old stained glass, Musée de ClunyVery old stained glass, Musée de Cluny

Grounds of Chateau VersaillesGrounds of Chateau Versailles

The view to the northThe view to the north

Place Igor Stravinsky - near PompidouPlace Igor Stravinsky - near Pompidou

Help needed for stay!

by saviowb

Hi! A couple of friends and I plan to stay in Paris between Jan end and early Feb. We're working on a pretty limited budget. We ahve to choose between the Hotel Saint Honore, Hotel de Rouen and Hotel des Mines. Which one is best? I've heard scary things about the cleanliness in some Paris hotels!
Thanks, Savio

RE: Help needed for stay!

by Buckz

Don't know any of the above, but recommend www.hotel-paris-severin.com, near the Metro St Michel, and within walking distance of the Hotel De Ville and Notre Dame.
Well Priced, clean, comfortable. GREAT location.

RE: Help needed for stay!

by shammah

hi , im planing to go to paris soon too and have seen that the cheapest hotel and cleanest are the formula 1 hotels at 29 GBP.http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/gb/cartographie/ile_de_france.shtml
copy and paste to check the site.
hope this will help

Hotels in Paris

by david_yee

Hi,
I am visiting Paris for the first time end of April.

I find it really tough to choose a hotel.

Has anyone heard of these Hotels?

1. Hotel Montpensier
2. Hotel Saint-Honore
3. Hôtel Louvre Richelieu

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Re: Hotels in Paris

by GUYON

I ahve no personal experience of these hotels but I know the areas in which they are.

First, I would dispel the Hotel St Honore because it is located near the Forum des Halles, a mall which can be unsafe by night and even by day.

The 2 remaining hotels are rue de Richelieu. They are both 2 stars and I ignore the difference of price between them. But I am sure the 1st one is better than the 3rd and certainly more expensive.

I would choose Montpensier also because it is nearer than Palais Royal and Louvre. I saw their advertisement on Internet : they tell they are close to a lot of attractions, some are at 30mn walk (Department stores for example).

But definitively, the Montpensier is the best of the three.

Have a good stay.

Re: Hotels in Paris

by Madx

Bonjour,

I suggest to choose the Hotel Montpensier.

More info at :

You can find very good deals for april, many hotels practice promotion.
check at :

Best regards

Re: Re: Hotels in Paris

by david_yee

Thanks for your contributions.

Unfortunately, there are no more vacancies in Hotel Montpensier

What about these:
1. Hotel Du Cygne
2. Hotel Prince Albert Louvre

Is Hôtel Louvre Richelieu really not desirable?

Thanks
Any other suggestions?

Re: Re: Hotels in Paris

by GUYON

Hotel du Cygne would be the best choice because it is located near Chatelet, such as the center of Paris.
I guess it is also the cheapest.
Louvre Richelieu is not bad, I put it at the second rank because it is further from the center (and from the Louvre) than Montpensier.
Have a nice stay

Help on hotel choice....

by jainvineet

Planning to stay in Hotel Saint-Honore. 85, rue Saint Honoré .

How is the nearby area? Any expreiences.

I hope Ray gets to see this post, his tips are always useful....

thanks
vineet

Re: Help on hotel choice....

by GUYON

I do not know this hotel personaly but I know its area.
It is centraly located in a safe area near Le Louvre and les Halles.
Be aware of the mall Le Forum des Halles and its surrounding especially at night.

Have a nice stay

RAY

Re: Re: Help on hotel choice....

by jainvineet

Thanks Ray.
Is that mall dangerous?
Is it safe to stay in that area the room they are offering is relatively cheaper 74 euros? Is that the reason?

Ray, thanks for the pciture of the Thaly's red train.

regards,
vineet

Re: Re: Help on hotel choice....

by GUYON

The mall itself is not dangerous. I advice to be careful on the pedestrian ways which surround the mall and in the garden which is beside.
Careful means : don't use ATM, pay attention to your bag or your purse, don't show you are a foreigner on that place.
74€ is the regular price for a room in a 2 stars hotel.

Have a good stay and take care.

RAY

Re: Help on hotel choice....

by yas2

HI
I do agree with Ray ( I actually do all the time, your advices always impressed me...bravo). I would add that you may avoid the garden behind the mall even on day time since there is a lot of drugs dealers there. but the mall is not that dangerous and just take care of not losing yourself in very dark and small streets during the night.
I went by myself around there at night may times and if you stay in the main streets there is always people and there is no worries.

you will be ib the heart of Paris.

enjoy your stay
yas

Travel Tips for Paris

Go bridge hopping along the...

by Angel_Dust

Go bridge hopping along the Seine! But there's soooo much to see.....Fountaine Bleu, The Arch de Triomphe, La Defense, The Stadium....Museums, so many that I couldn't include them ALL here....but I'll update while I get the chance! The food, the sites.....it's endless! Oh, and I met RICKY MARTIN!!!

Champs-Élysées

by OrlandoBR

The most famous avenue in the world stretches from Place de la Concorde to the Arc du Triomphe. There are cafés, restaurants, movie-theathers, French cabarets and all kinds of good shops. Virgin, FNAC, a huge Sephora and the very useful Office de Tourisme de Paris are there. And lots, lots of tourists...

Leaving Lost Belongings in an Obvious Place

by BeatChick

So I was surfing around David Lebowitz' wonderful food blog, http://www.davidlebovitz.com, when I came across an item he wrote titled Métro Hands...and Cheeks. As is his wont, the article of the day veered from his germaphobic topic regarding the dreaded "Métro hands" to losing one of his favorite gloves to the wonderful Parisian (nay, perhaps French or even European!) habit of placing lost items where they might be found.

This would NEVER happen in the US, at least I've never seen it happen, not even in the midwest (where I now live) where good courtesy is taken for granted. Nor does it happen in the south (where I grew up) where excellent manners are considered de rigueur.

Monsieur Lebowitz, an American now residing in Paris (lucky dog!), had lost one of his favorite gloves. Knowing the above-named French habit, he went out in search of the lost item only to discover it in his very own elevator cleverly tucked away in the hand rail (read the blog, it's really funny)!

Anywho, I'd read the blog a week prior to my latest sojourn to the City of Light. While traipsing around in Montmartre this past November, *I* came across a hapless glove myself (somewhere along rue Lepic between Place Jean-Pierre Baptiste and rue d'Orchampt)! Naturally, I had to take a photo just for the edification of you good VT folk.

In any case, in the war of French politesse v. American manners, I think the French have one up on us. I've vowed to continue this nice practice here at home but I'm not sure if it'll ever become popular. Of course, I'll never know the outcome of these Samaritan acts but it certainly won't hurt to try!!

Photo: November 2007

Although you are in the...

by Aragina

Although you are in the capital city of France you will find that most people speak English, but please make the effort to speak French and they will realise you are not French and speak English willingly.

Père Lachaise

by mydreamquest

Cemetery of many famous people including this grave of Frédéric Chopin, the great Polish piano virtuoso who lived during the romantic era of classical music. He was buddies with Berlioz, Liszt and Wagner.

He is located in section 11, number 5 next to Cherubini.

To get here, it is northeast of the Bastille Station. The station the same name as the cemetery.

If you can listen to all of Chopin's 21 Nocturnes. Walking about Père Lachaise is a perfect setting, especially if it's a cold, rainy, winter morning overcast , to listen to Chopin's Nocturne's. My favorite is his 15th Nocturne in F Minor.

Comments