4 rue Ecole de Medecine, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• riorich55's Profile Photo

In The Heart of the Latin Quarter

Counting our previous stay in Paris in early October, 2008 and this current one in late April, 2012 I had never paid for a single night in a hotel room in Paris. The 2008 stay was at the Marriott Rive Gauche and our previous 3 nights in 2012 were at the Hilton La Defense. All of these nights were courtesy of Marriott and Hilton points earned on business trips. But only having enough Hilton points for 3 nights in Paris and 2 in London later on this trip, we had 1 night where we needed to pay. So instead of staying a little further out at the Hilton we decided to move into the city itself with the following criteria: Close to the Metro (not hard in Paris), WiFi connection, at about the 100 Euro price range. Went through several reviews and this one fit the bill.

We checked in about 11:30 a.m. after arriving with our baggage from the Metro station. After going down a couple of wrong streets we came upon rue Ecole de Medecine and saw our hotel up ahead on the left. Checking in we waited while Mohammed finished his phone call and then in my quick American voice said we had a reservation. Over the next couple of minutes Mohammed got me back down to "Paris Speed" and we finished our check in. I say this in a positive tone as when I'm getting somewhere for the first time I'm always a little keyed up until we check in.

Unique Quality: We got our room key and Mohammed said he gave us a nice room with a view. He also asked if we were sure we wanted the room with 2 single beds. I said yes, as I had read some reviews that said to do this because you are really crammed into these rooms with a double bed. Anyway, he said to take one bag in the almost 100 year old elevator as the 2 of us and the one bag would be a very tight squeeze (it was indeed). We got into the room and then I went back down to get the second bag, which I carried up the stairs as the one elevator was already in use by another patron.

The room was as expected, small but comfortable. The view was very nice with the Sorbonne School of Medicine right across the street and the Eiffel Tower was to the right looking out the window. The street below was relatively quiet being a block off the main drag. The bathroom was tiny and the shower was a tight fit, but with the removable shower head I had no problem at 6 feet tall and 175 pounds. There is closet storage, a small desk, small hair dryer and flat screen TV.

The rate per night was 103 Euros. We did not include a continental breakfast the next morning as it would have been an extra 7 Euros per person.

Very convenient to Central Paris and we walked a block to catch the Metro out to the airport the next morning.

Directions: About a block away from the intersection of Blvd St Michel and Blvd St Germain

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Hotel St Pierre

Unique Quality: Nothing unique with this place but we found it price worthy. The breakfast room is tiny and the hotel old but clean so it is a perfectly adequate 1-2 star hotel with perfect location almost where Boulevard St Michel meets St Germain. We had 'French balconies' in our street side room and when you leaned out you could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance so there was no question where you were...

• Hotel St. Pierre

Unique Quality: It was good quality, not expensive, near tourist sights and great restaurants. What more could you ask for?

Directions: It is very close to the Musée National du Moyen-Age Thermes de Cluny.

More about Hotel Saint Pierre

Hotel Saint Pierre.

It's...

by hcaufield

Hotel Saint Pierre.

It's located in the 6th arrondissement at 4, rue de l'ecole de medicine. The staff are extremely nice and helpful and the rooms aren't too expensive at about 50 USD a night. The rooms aren't enormous, more like a large closet for a twin room but that is prevalent throughout Europe.

The hotel is about a block from Notre Dame and is in the heart of the Latin Quarter. There is a Metro station: Odeon, about 1 minute from the hotel.

There is a lot to see and do near the hotel. There's Notre Dame, the Jardins de Luxembourg, and everything else is a short metro ride away. There are also quite a few bookstores, restaurants and shops, very close to the hotel which are very fairly priced.
For a twin room, I paid $55 USD. I believe the price at the moment hovers somewhere around 55 to 60 Euro.

Where to stay in Paris in June?

by vancouverjen

I am (hopefully) going to Paris in mid-June, but have no idea where to stay. I have heard of the Hotel Wilson & Hotel Residence Monge? Any ideas would be most appreciated!

by Pomerol

It all depends on the arrondissement you want to be in. The 6th is great and safe. This hotel is great: Select Hotel and right in Place Sorbonne (from 150 euros up). If you want a cheaper fare in the same neighborhood, try Hotel Saint-Pierre on rue de la Médecine (85 euros), both are easily reachable by RER B from CDG.

Have fin

by franceonisland

I'm a budget traveler, so my suggestion will be a low-priced hotel. Check out Hotel Lux, a 2-star rating, near the Gare de Lyon, and easy to travel to and from. Most of the folks I saw in the hotel seemed to be French people from the 'burbs or small villages outside the city. The hotel is clean, with a tiny elevator. I recommend Room 7 -- plenty of light, very quiet and it looks out on a courtyard. (In 2005, the daily rate was $60)
LUX HOTEL 8 Avenue de Corbera; 75012 PARIS, Metro stop is Gare de Lyon, RER Gare de Lyon, phone 01.43.43.42.84, FAX 01.43.43.14.45, 30 rooms
Credit Cards accepted: CB/Visa, AMEX, EC/MC.
The contact guy is Raphaël, who speaks English. Their Web site is http://www.hotelux-paris.com/index-gb.htm/
DIRECTIONS: From CDG airport,take the Air France bus, to the Gare de Lyon.
When you exit the bus, walk up to Boulevard Diderot,at the 3rd intersection, rue de charenton, turn right, walk down a short street and turn left at the first street (av de corbera), the hotel is in the middle of the block on your right.
for a map of the area, check out this link

by GUYON

I suggest a hotel which is close to the center of Paris (place du Chatelet) :
Hotel Victoria Chatelet *** which is located rue Victoria and recently renovated
Its price for a couple (seen Tuesday ) is 93 euros tax included, without breakfast.
You cannot imagine a more central location, just near the station Chatelet which is the intersection of the main metro lines and almost all the RER lines.
Quatier latin, St Germain des Pres, River Seine, Ile St Louis, Ile de la Cite, Les Halles, Le Marais are walking distant.

by nygaston

Right, the central location is a good option: districts 1st to 6th are central

by mich1119

hi there, try: www.budgetbeds.blogspot.com

they have a very good collection of budget accommodations in paris.

Comments