19 boulevard Diderot, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75012, France
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Hotel Terminus Lyon

Tables for deuxTables for deux

From a friend.From a friend.

DescentDescent

Head Waiter.Head Waiter.

Travel from Austerlitz station to Hotel Terminus Lyon

by clofthouse

I think I have asked this question before but didn't print it out and my computer crashed. We will be family of 4 with 5 x baggage. I think a taxi will be best for us to get to our hotel. Will a taxi be able to take us all and our baggage?
thanks for your help

RE: Travel from Austerlitz station to Hotel Terminus Lyon

by Winnie_the_Bear

Hi!
Yes there should be no problem since there are taxis which are such as renault espace, and there is lots of room in those!
Good luck

by Mreppen

My wife and I and 2 friends 2 weeks ago took a taxi for all for of us (we each had check in bags-large and 4 carry on's) and the taxi took us. It turned out to be a decent deal considering it was way to much for us to carry from Bus to Taxi, etc. Total price from CDG to Champerrett de Elysees Hotel near Arch de Triumph was 50 Euro's with baggage fee included. Not bad since we were able to split it. You may have to ask for a mini van- we did and after a few minutes of waiting, we got it.

by CALSF

Taxis are many times more efficient than shuttles as some shuttles force you wait for other passengers. Also you may be the last one to be dropped off so that takes time too.

by clofthouse

thanks for everyone's input. I also noticed you were knowledgable on eating and restaurants. My son and husband are picky eaters and after living in the US for 4 years, they have (unlike myself) become too accustomed to the high sugar content in US foods. Unlike Australia, the US accomodates children with kids menus which they have gotten used to: chicken tenders, mac and cheese, hamburgers, fries, etc. In Australia, kids eat what adults eat or go hungry!

Have you any suggestions for cafe's or eating places where my son can eat, bread, cheese, plain meat,meatloaf,lamb,chicken,without sauces? He also likes croissants.

RE: Travel from Austerlitz station to Hotel Terminus Lyon

by Fisher1969

We are a family of 5 and had no problem getting a taxi from the airport. The cost to St Michel Bld was 45 euros. Lots of traffic so it took about 45mins. However other than that taxi we had heaps of trouble getting a taxi to take all five of us anywhere. No problems though we just used the Boatobus, buses, trains and FEET! One night about midnight we needed to get a taxi so we hailed one and he would only take 4 so we split into 2 groups and he sent us another taxi. But anyhoo you might have better luck.

Julie-Anne

Kids in Paris

by buttercups742

Hi all,

My family will be staying for 4 nites in Paris in June. Appreciate suggestions on what we can do as a family.

Thanx in advance.
Buttercup

by raphaellecrevet

You can go to the Jardin des Plantes (5th district) which has a zoo, the incredible Galerie de l'Evolution, beautifully displayed animals from especially Africa, and also a temporary exhibition on how the male animals seduce the females, i haven't visited it yet, but all the kids i saw outside seemed delighted. You also have the Science Museum called the Palais de la Découverte (behind the grand Palais) where they have a programme of what is going on during the day, try and do the demonstration about electricity, aven if it is in French you should enjoy it as the volunteer to experiment have their hair going up on their head! You also have the Cité des Sciences et de l'industrie where many exhibits are translated in English.

by pinkginger

I'm going next week with a 6 year old and 23 mo old. We are doing disneyland, parks, parks and more parks, picasso museum, rodin museum, eiffel tower/merry go round, maybe the science museum, they have a amusment park there that Madonna took her kids to while she was on tour, notre dame, all the big places. We are avoiding the big museums, louvre, de orseey, because we aready saw them before we had kids and it's too crowded and the kids are too little to appreciate the art and the lines are really long in those places. We will go to smaller museums like picasso and rodin, places where they can get out of the stroller and walk aroud. We will be eating at cafes mostly since they are more child friendly and maybe go out alone without the kids. Our nanny quit of us so the hotel said they have someone to watch them.

by marimar_72

hi,
depending on the age of ur kids,mine enjoyed :
-Le Jardin d`Acclimatation a lot,(went there almost every afternoon)it was a lot closer to our hotel(Address:
at the left side of BLV Maurice Barres)and cheaper than Disney land.

they also enjoyed
-the tour eiffel,
-Saint Michel Boulevard where they could watch preformers of all kinda arts,
-also had their paintings done at Montmartre.

have fun
marimar_72

RE: RE: Kids in Paris

by buttercups742

Thank you all, these are very helpful. I forgotten to mention that my kids are 14 & 10. We'll be staying at the Terminus Lyon. I am much pleased if anyone can tell me of closeby attractions. We will be staying away from Disney for sure cos' we have been to the one in Florida twice. Your generous inputs help a gigantic bunch.

To all of you, thanks again
Buttercup =^.^=

RE: RE: Kids in Paris

by raphaellecrevet

The jardin des Plantes id very close to Gare de Lyon, basically on the other side of the river seine, you can spend a good day there, don't miss the Galerie de l'évolution

Travel Tips for Paris

go to the 18e(montmartre),it...

by fabrice

go to the 18e(montmartre),it will give you an idea how marvellous paris was 100 years ago.Do not forget the 'champs-elysees', which is supposed to be the most beautiful avenue of the world;do not forget the musée du louvre and its pyramid I was 2 weeks in a monastery in paris 16e,with dominican monks;it was strange to live with them ,knowing that the outside world is devoted to commerce,work and hurry

Art nouveau

by sachara

Walking in the streets of Paris or travelling with the metro you will see for sure some of the 68 remaining and restoredart nouveau metro entrances.

Hector Guimard (1867 - 1942), the best known French Art Nouveau architect, was the designer of these art nouveau entrances. Between 1900 and 1904 in total 141 art nouveau entrances, made of prefabricated cast-iron elements, were built all over the city. Anyway two canopied entrances survived, the one at the Porte Dauphine side of Avenue Foch and the one at the Abbesses metro station in the 18th Arrondisement.

Parlez vous anglais? Just ask em!

by katpunik

My first-time trip to Paris went without a hitch, probably because I made the effort to speak my pathetic excuse of French to everyone I encountered. Contrary to popular belief that Parisians are snobbish towards anyone who doesn't speak English, bullocks I say!

I will usually approach policemen/women or officers like soldiers ( patrolling parks and tourist attractions like La Tour Effiel), staff at the ticket or information counter or any passer-by with a nice,willing face...

I will first greet them " Bonjour madame/monsieur/mademoiselle or Excusez-moi", and ask "Pouvez-vous m'aider, s's vous plait?" ( Can you help me please?" They will then give you their fullest attention with "Oui." Then you can launch into " Parlez vous anglais?" ( Do you speak English?" This never fails to let get me all the help I needed. I had never encountered a Parisian that has refused to help me.

Parisians will either reply " A little bit" or "Non (No)" and then proceed to provide help/ give directions in perfectly good and understandable English. Its Amazing! Even if they really could not speak English, they will find someone (colleague, friend) can speak it to help you or just provide hand gestures when giving directions.

You end off with "Merci / Merci beacoup and au revior" and voila! you will be on your merry way to wherever it is you are going. Parisians are really a helpful bunch and the service staff are quite friendly as well, speaking to you in English ( in tourist places like the Galeries Lafayette) when you have at least made an attempt to speak French.

Other useful phrases which will do wonders in getting you by:
C'est combien? ( How much?) although when the staff rattles off the price in French, I often gave them a blank look and I looked at the cashier price display instead. hahah.
Je suis de sole mais je ne comprends ( I'm sorry but I don't understand)
Au Secours! ( Help!)
L'addition, svp ( The bill, pls)
Je voudrais..... s'il vous plait) ( I would like ..... please)
Ou est le ( Where is the ....)

I use these two phrases all the time when I want to buy something or ask for directions. I started off with these French phrases then I inserted whatever nouns I needed ( sometimes in English, just tried it with a French pronounciation. haha)

"Je voudrais ... Meal Combo 5" ( and i'd show the number 5 with my fingers", at a fastfood restaurant)
"Ou est le .... toilettes ( toilets)
"Je voudrais .... deux cafes ( two coffees)
"Ou est le.... La Tour Eiffel"

Try speaking French in France and you'd enjoy the your travelling experience even more! I actually kinda miss speaking it when I'm back home..

Street cleaning

by MedioLatino

With the incredibel amount of locals and tourist, cleaning the streets of Paris is an important issue. No wonder they use this machines to clean the pavements!

I wouldn't say Paris was the cleanest city I have seen (which is no big deal since I have been living some months in Switzerland :), but the people in charge are definitely doing a good job while cleaning up!

Tarnier ! Did you know that man ?

by JLBG

Tarnier ! Did you know that man ? I did not but there was a good light on this bas relief and I felt that it would make a nice photo. However, I had to know who he was. I know now that Etienne Stéphane Tarnier, born in 1828 in Aiserey , died in 1897 in Paris and was a famous doctor that attached his name to neonatology ie to child birth delivery. He invented several devices still in use for delivery.

Comments