5-7 Rue therese, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• MaxLove's Profile Photo

Big Hotel wrapped in a small package

From the moment we contacted Hotel Therese, we were treated with the utmost hospitality. This was Max and my first trip to Paris and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Our room was quite small, but organized well enough and had everything we could ask for, including a little mini balcony overlooking a garden in between the buildings. The snacks in the minibar were perfect and they had a midnight snack of ham sandwich and pickles which were to die for. The beds were comfy, and the temperature just right. We were there around Christmas time. The hotel was so homey and cool at the same time. We enjoyed every minute of our trip to Paris and staying at Hotel Therese definitely gave us a superb foundation. We took a bus into the city from the airport to l'opera and walked from there to the Hotel. It was so easy to find, yet tucked away on a not so busy street. The area that the hotel is located in has tons of Japanese restaurants which really made us feel at home since we lived in Japan for several years. The train station was super close as were the Louvre, and tons of other sights. I guess what I really admire the most is that the hotel is in a small old building, and there isn't anything you can do about it except make the most of it, which I strongly believe they did. I appreciated staying in a place that has so much history and is so old. It made me feel comfortable. If you are looking for big and modern, Paris probably isn't the best city to visit. Especially around the Louvre area. If you do like old and cozy and interesting, please stay here, you won't be disappointed. One last quick note. The price is very reasonable, worth the money paid, which helped us enjoy it without making us feel like we paid an arm and a leg like we have in the past at some other big chain 5 star hotels. Thank you for reading my review. Hope it helps.

Unique Quality: The midnight snack and the 24 hour bar in the lobby made this hotel feel like home. The location is unmatched, located within 10 minutes walk of the Louvre, the grand opera, pone neuf, train station, everything!

Directions: Located just north of the Louvre.

• Cupio1's Profile Photo

1st arrondissement Hotel

This hotel has a great location and it is located on a quiet little side street. The rooms are small, but you are not in Paris to stay in your hotel room, non? The shower was fantastic!

Unique Quality: Very quaint and it lends to an authentic Parisian experience.

Directions: Whether you want to visit museums or to shop you will be happy: The Louvre, the Palais Royal, The Comédie Française, the Opéra , rue Saint Honoré, the major department stores, Place Vendôme, are all within walking distance.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Small boutique hotel in a great location!

Hotel Therese is housed in an 18th century building in the heart of Paris (in the 1st Arrondisement near the Louvre and the Opera). Its 43 rooms have just been totally renovated in a classic contemporary and very chic style. The linens and pillow are top of the line and they have L'Occitene amenities in the bathrooms.

Rue Thérèse is part of French history: it takes its name from Marie Thérèse of Spain who became the wife of King Louis XIV. Before that time it was called “Fortune street” due to the presence of numerous gambling places in the area. 17th and 18th century mansions with their beautiful free stone frontages reflect the architectural treasures of the area.

Unique Quality: Every room has a private safe (I know because I had to have the front desk staff help me open it when I forgot my combination), International TV channels, wi-fi access and either new bath or new shower. The rooms are decorated in vanilla/chocolate, light green absinthe or variegated canvas colors.

Continental breakfast is served in the lower lobby which is vaulted like a wine cellar. The cost is 13 € ($18 US). They also offer shuttle service to/from the airport.

The rates for Paris are quite reasonable:
    Classic single or double with shower 145 € ($200 US)
    Tradition double or twin 175 € ($240 US)
    Deluxe double or twin 235 € ($325 US)
    Club 280 € ($385 US)

Directions: On a quiet street, a few minutes walk from the Louvre Museum, The Palais Royal gardens, The Opera, the department stores Galeries Lafayette and Le Printemps, and the famous Rue St. Honore.

More about Hotel Therese

Great

by TripAdvisor Member 4776

Hotel Therese was amazing. The location is perfect - it is in the middle of everything. The rooms are small however if you are not planning to spend anytime in your room, it is absolutely perfect. Most importantly to me, close to all my favorite shops on Rue St. Honore. Can I ask for anything more?

Excellent Hotel in a good location

My girlfriend and I have just reurned from Paris and had a great stay at the Hotel Therese. We initially booked a standard room but having read various reviews I decided to upgrade to a superior room due to concerns over the size of the standard rooms. I have to say that I am glad I did this. Our room was lovely but I would have been uncomfortable if the room was any smaller.

The hotel has a feel of a boutique hotel and the staff are very friendly and the service was excellent. The location was pretty good too, a 10 minute walk to the Opera shopping district in one direction and only 5 minutes to the Louvre in the other direction.

The immediate location is fine and safe if a little quiet but that was also a good thing.

Wonderful stay!

by TripAdvisor Member cookiebreath

We just spent 7 nights at the Hotel Therese and were very pleased. The room was clean and well kept, stylish, and comfortable. Ours was a standard room; while small, it was not impossibly so for us. It was about 12 ft. by 12 ft. (If you like more ample space, standard might not suit.) Our bathroom was good sized with adequate shelf space for cosmetics, hairbrush, and odds and ends. The staff was very pleasant. The neighborhood is great. There are plenty of restaurants, a couple of grocers, and spots with take away food, including a good selection of Asian spots. We found it very convenient for walking to the Louvre and Orsay, as well as the Marais. We booked at Hotel Therese based on recommendations we read here and recommend it ourselves without hesitation.

Nice, comfortable hotel, but not luxurious

by TripAdvisor Member MrTed

I must begin this review by saying that I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Therese and I don't think that any of the earlier reviews present an inaccurate portrayal of the hotel. The hotel is in a great location, just a short walk to the Louvre, Opera and shopping. The immediate neighborhood is quiet, but there are a number of restaurants nearby, including a number of very good sushi and Japanese restaurants.

The hotel is small and even booking a "junior suite" left us with little space. The junior suite was on the top floor of the hotel and had windows that opened to the outside, which was nice to let fresh air into the otherwise stuffy room. Though small, the room's furnishings were comfortable and the bed was firm. The web site advertised that the beds were outfitted with luxury linens, but I would disagree with the assertion that the linens were "luxurious" as my sheets at home are much much softer.

The bathroom had nice obviously new fixtures, including a bath tub and shower, but did not have any place to keep one's personal effects. There was a very small glass shelf over the sink, but it was not wide enough for even a single tube of toothpaste. My other complaint, which seems a bit petty, but is important for some people, is that the bath products provided were also not high quality, as advertised on the web site. I am admittedly obsessive about hotel bath prodcuts, and was disappointed to see that the products provided were not of a name brand, nor where they respresentative of the fine products for which the French are known. A single bottle of shampoo/bath gel was provided, along with a round bar of soap, and a shower cap. I have encountered better products at chain hotels in the United States and expect more from a hotel in Paris, especially since the hotel took the time to note bath products on the web site.

In sum, this is a comfortable hotel in a good location, but not for those seeking luxury.

Tasteful, stylish, everything you could want !

This was one of the best hotels in which we've stayed in any European capital city. The staff deserves every single bit of praise on TripAdvisor postings. Some hotels need to send some of their staff here on "work experience" to learn about customer service. Front desk staff were charming and patient - nothing too much trouble and they really did appear to ENJOY their job. Everyone greeted us with a smile / "bonjour" or "bonne nuit".

The rooms are indeed on the small side so if you can run to the superior / deluxe rooms, be tempted. Our room was beautifully designed with plain but stylish furnishings and looked over the very quiet almost traffic free street (only disturbance one morning: a refuse bottle collection machine came down the street and woke us up at 8:30 am !!!). That we slept so well was a testament to firm but supremely comfortable beds and the well lined curtains. Bathrooms are very well equipped - better than some 4* hotels I know and quite spacious. "Goodies" were replenished every day regardless of whether we'd exhausted previous day's supply !

There's very pleasant seating areas near to the reception desk where you'll find a nice mix of magazines, books & newspapers as well as a LCD screen TV and an honesty bar (with chilled white wine in an ice bucket).

Restaurant recommendations were excellent - we went for a mix of ones we'd found in guide books and local recommendations from staff at the hotel. All were booked for us with good humour & attention to quality. Willi's wine bar & Maceo (run by same owner are both just 4-5 mins walk, literally round the corner. Le Dauphin just 5 -6 mins walk onto Rue St Honore. If you're really pushing the boat out (we weren't !) the Michelin 3* "le Grand Vefour" was 3 mins walk overlooking the gardens of the Palais Royal. The wine list, food and service at Willi's Wine bar are all great and it's hard not to make it your local. But there are many old established and apparently new places. On the corner of Rue Therese is a welcoming Italian cafe restaurant with live jazz on the Saturday evening and it always seemed packed and popular.

Don't hesitate about this hotel - it represents high quality and very good value for money without compromising standards at all. We'd go back there without hesitation and will be recommending it to friends. It's not in many guide books (yet) as it was only refurbished throughout in 2002 so make the most of it!

Great Find!!!!

Hotel Therse is a great location. Very short walk to metro, and major sights. The staff was fantastic, very accomodating. We had a deluxe room 200 euros, extrememly comfortable and quite roomy, GREAT bathroom and shower. Free internet access. Ordered breakfast the night before and it was always there on time. Everything you need is nearby, grocery store (they sell wine), and a few places to grab a bite to eat. Would definitly recommend this hotel. Definitly stay there again.

Aussie In Paris

by OzSharon

Hello I am hoping that you can help me out.

I am going to be in Paris 21st May for 3 nights and I have booked accommodation at Citadine Paris Les Halles.

My main concern is location, safety in this area. It is not too late for me to cancel the booking as I made the booking via the net.

Secondly, for those well travelled people - What is the best area to stay in for sight seeing, safety for females at night and shopping. Any suggestions for hotels too in the area you recommend would be appreciated.

Cheers
Sharon

RE: Aussie In Paris

by Roadquill

Sharon, the Les Halles area seems to have more younger folks walking around at night. It was busy with people until about 11:30, then everyone was gone except for groups of teenage youths. I was at an internet bar until 12:30 and felt I had to take extra care while walking around. I just did not feel that confortable. Could be the underground shopping center at Les Halles attracts teenages with nothing to do and no money. As opposed to the ST. Germain du Pres area where things were very busy until 3. I stayed at the Hotel Louvre Forum and felt very comfortable, the staff were great, but the room small. It is just on the other side of rue (or blvd) Louvre from Les Halles, still on the right bank, about a 5 minute walk to the Louvre Museum. Karl

RE: Aussie In Paris

by TRimer

Sharon-

I stayed in the 1st Arr. at Hotel Therese. The area was safe and quiet at night. I loved the hotel (they had just redone it in 2002) and the staff. It was close to l'opera and the Louvre. I felt perfectly safe walking around Paris from my hotel.

Comments