23, rue Brey, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75017, France

Hotels.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Recommended small hotel in heart of Paris

Small, clean and very accomodating. Staff was friendly and helpful. Quiet, convenient location, near grocery and cafes. Will definately recommend this to family and friends.

Unique Quality: Easy walk to Arch de Triomph, metro, grocery and numerous cafes.

Directions: Arch de Triomph

• CALSF's Profile Photo

Small Hotel Near the Arc de Triomphe

For a pleasant stay a stone's throw (a common term used by French hotels:-)) from the Arc de Triomphe, the Tilsitt Etoile will do.

The hotel is located from the busy Place Charles de Gaulle Etoile off of Ave. Wagram on tiny rue Brey. The hotel is about four blocks from the Arc.

As for the hotel itself, it's got a small lobby, a small bar, and the typical small elevator. However, there is a cute breakfast room in the basement and the hotel advertises a patio. Well, the patio is about the size of a large closet so don't expect much. :-)

The rooms are pretty small-no surprise. I viewed their website now and there were some renovations since I was there in 1999. First of all they have installed shower shields (yay!) so the whole bathroom doesn't take a shower at the same time as you! Yes, I wet the whole bathroom with the spray including the walls! And the decor has been refreshed. My room had the toilet separate from the bathroom. But how weird, there were no solid ceilings in the bathroom and toilet just slats and some covering but yep,anyone in the space above can have a good view of you if they wanted. Didn't question it when there just never saw anyone lurking above and hoped for the best.
    Hopefully that problem has been rectified by now! Walls are thin like many Parisian hotel rooms.

Staff was helpful and friendly.

Directions: Off of Ave. Wagram
    Metro: CDG Etoile

More about Hotel Tilsitt Etoile Paris

Stay, you won't regret it!

by TripAdvisor Member Torans

We had heard a few stories about the standard of hotels in Paris.
I decided to use Trip Advisor to help with our selection and ended up selecting The Hotel Tilsitt Etoile, based on their value for money, location and the reports on Trip Advisor.
We were not disappointed. The staff are fantastic, very friendly and all of which spoke perfect English. So much so, they sent Metro directions to us, a month before we left.
We were centrally located, surrounded by a great selection of eateries and many main attractions. We decided to go to Euro Disney and the trip from our hotel (via Metro), took 40 mins.
If you are going to Paris and are looking for a three star hotel, you will not be disappointed. I would definitely stay there again.

A great hotel with nice people

by TripAdvisor Member qidou

This hotel is near the Arc of Triumph, near Champs Elysee, and near the metro, so you can basically go anywhere; my colleague in Belgium recommended it and it turned out to be great. I had stayed in another three star hotel in Suresnes but it is more expensive and much less nice. People working in the hotel are nice, friendly and ready to help; they checked me in very early in the morning so that I could put down the PC and luggagees(I am only staying one day), gave me an evelop with a map and a museum guide with my name on it (though they took me for a Mr because of unfamiliarity with oriental names), gave me tips about going around (for example where to go for a cruise on the Seine with 7EURO instead of 10 in most places); so with their help, I have really enjoyed more places in Paris than I had ever planned. Also decoration in the hotel looks nice. It shows the owner and the staff really love it and make it like a home. So everything great, especially the people, and the people are the most important!

Great Location, Great Service, Very Clean

by TripAdvisor Member NWiles

My Mother and I stayed 3 nights and had a wondeful experience at this hotel. We had a twin room facing the street right above the lobby, and it was very quiet, as it is a side street and very little activity at night. Front desk treated us as family, elevator was great for my 84 yr. mother Just 2 blocks from Arc de Triomphe, and one block from Metro. Rooms on small side for American standards, but still had plenty of room for 2 suitcases. Extremely clean, fresh towels daily. We felt very safe walking in the evening within a 2 block area of hotel, when out for dinner.

Nancy
Oregon, USA

Spacious above Parisien average

by TripAdvisor Member Audimand

I regularly stay in Paris for business purposes but admittedly I rarely use this opportunity to tell others of a hotel.

I am to be honest not sure I should because I don't want too many to know of this little Oasis around the corner from Arc de Triomphe...

I was fascinated by the "Arne Jacobsen, the Egg chairs" in the bar and although the rooms does not have the same Scandinavian interior but more classical French, they are more spacious than I can recall having seen at this price in Paris before.

The high quality breakfast facility (although a small selection) with the view to a cute little landscaped garden was the finishing touch to this stay.

I will definitely come back to this Hotel many many times, provided I can get a room of course...

Hidden Gem

by TripAdvisor Member OttBob

We arrived on Dec. 1st/06 and were able to check in early at 10:30 a.m. The hotel staff spoke english and were very friendly. The room on the 6th or top floor was spacious and clean and neat and had an ensuite full bath with a soaker tub. The view down the street was wonderful off two small balconies. The room was 129 Euro a nite and was not posh but for posh you will spend 400 Euro a nite in Paris. We used the Metro every day and even took it to Versailles. The cost is 7.50 Euro per day for a Paris pass and 17.50 for a country pass to Versailles. Also we took a 1 hour cruise down the Seine which was nice. We to the Louve and Notre Dame Cathedral which were great and also we visited Montmatre which is up the mountain from the moulon Rouge. Montmatre is terrific with artists painting in a courtyard and bistos facing into the courtyard for crepe's and coffee. We loved the Champ Elysees and a good Bisto for dinner 1/2 block off the Champ Elysees is called Le Carre Elysee which for 2 onion soup two Beef Bourginon and a bottle of wine was 52 Euros. Everyone in Paris was friendly and we found it quite safe. Enjoy your visit we really did.

Very good option, great location

by TripAdvisor Member Suffolkpunch

The French have a cute way of saying that something is good value for money - "correct". The Tilsitt Etoile is very correct - we paid 135 euros per night for a larger than average comfortable and clean room on the 2nd floor. The reception was friendly and helpful throughout our stay with a good standard of English. The location is outstanding, just near the Arc de Triomphe which gives you good connections on to most of Paris through multiple metro lines.

Overall, great standard of comfort and good facilities - a good 3 star standard for Paris. Recommended.

Can't Wait to Return

by TripAdvisor Member Tacoma_Woodards

On two previous trips to France with a school group we stayed at this charming hotel. The location was very convienent, the neighborhood quiet even with windows open and the staff was wonderful. We stopped back in to see what had changed and what their rates were when we were in Paris over this past Christmas/New Year's holiday. The delightful desk clerk encouraged us to look around the common areas and told us about the remodeling that had taken place since our last visit.

Our travel agent for this past trip booked us into a 2-star hotel near the Opera -- it was convienent to the Metro and the large department stores, but not much else and it was unbelievably noisy . We could also tell when people in other rooms on the floor were smoking and the shower was so small that you could barely turn around in it.

We will gladly pay the 3-star price for a room at this great hotel when we return in the spring!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Katie3600

Loveley hotel about 2 minutes walk from the CGD Etoile underground (both RER and Metro stop here). Clean, bright, nice decor. We were upgraded at no charge on arrival and allocated room 1 on the ground floor. Large room with huge double bed, sofa, table, 2 chairs, bathroom and seperate toilet. About 24 static hangers in built in wardrobes. Double French windows to a view of attached buildings ie. no view but you could see the sky if you leant out a little. Not much of a problem for us as it tended to be dark much of the time we were in our room (visited 10 - 14 Jan 2007), although the room was very warm at night and we did tend to leave the door ajar on occasion. Also, we stayed Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights, and on Friday morning we were awoken early (about 6.30am) by the staff in the dining room below doing what they do with plates and cutlery, this lasted a good 1/2 hour, but did seem to be less of a bother the following two mornings. Got a good deal on the internet with price inclusive of breakfast at 130 euros per night. All staff have some English and very helpful, letting me use their computer and printer to check-in online for our return flight, (payable internet access is available, but you cannot print). Would go back but if in Summer would like to see a room with a view, even if a little smaller.

Beauvais Airport shuttle question

by kaydee5

Oops I posted this first in the wrong forum..Okay, does anybody know the closest hostel to the Beauvais shuttle service in Paris? I have to be there REALLY early in the morning , and would like to be as close as possible to it. Thanks!

Re: Beauvais Airport shuttle question

by fossettes

Are you referring to the shuttle that leaves from Porte Maillot in the 17th? On Bld Pershing? THe closest hotel is the Hotel Concorde Lafayette, but it's really expensive.

There are a couple less expensive options, one is Hotel Tilsitt Etoile ***, 23 Rue Brey (probably about 1 km away). ANd there's the Hotel Elysée Etoile **, 5, rue de l'Etoile (also about 1 km away.)

I don't know either of these hotels first hand, just know they are in the neighborhood. Good luck.

Comments