Hotel Vaneau Saint Germain Paris

86, rue Vaneau Formerly Libertel Sevres-Vaneau Paris Tradition, Paris, Ile-de-France 75007, France

Hotel Vaneau Saint Germain
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Bad experience Hotel+ Airport Shuttle Service

I had a very bad experience with the airport shuttle booked thru the hotel and warn anyone from taking it. Hotel is unwilling to assist in the issue also deter me from ever staying again /recommending this hotel to others.

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and upon check-in, booked the airport shuttle to airport for my departure 2 days later .

I had a flight at 12pm and was advise by hotel to be pick up at 9am. Paid 14 Euros to the hotel for the shuttle ( Balance 18Euro to be paid to driver).

On my day of departure, the airport shuttle was late by 35 mins, has a extemely rude driver who still take his own sweet time to go toilet and chat with the hotel staff. When we asked him why is he so late, he dumped my luggage on the floor and told us that that how his service is , take it or leave it.

We are also forced to pay in full e balance 18 Euro before we can board the shuttle and he refuse to give me my receipt till we reach the airport. As we are in a hurry to catch the plane, we have no choice but to pay him.

We then spend the next 20 mins on shuttle driving around the city only for him to stop by another hotel. It was then we realise that he stil have 3 more hotels to visit before he is prepared to send me to the airport. By then it was already 10.10am and we are still in Paris city. Despite our plea that we can going to be late for the flight, he ignore us and continue to wait for his passenger. Therefore we have no choice but to get off the shuttle and take a taxi to the airpot spending another 50 Euro for the taxi.

Email and phone call to the hotel to ask for refund of the shuttle fee and details of the shuttle service company is ignore.

Therefore, be warned and think twice to use this hotel and its services.

Also the airport shuttle company is Navette Aeroport.
    www.n-a.fr , Tel : 0033 1 48 46 48 48

Wouldnt recommend them to anyone unless you enjoy being missing your flight or be dumped on the street.

More about Paris

Bed and deskBed and desk

Sacre CoeurSacre Coeur

Satchmo and Alfred, "standing on a corner".......Satchmo and Alfred, "standing on a corner".......

Nativity Scene at Notre DameNativity Scene at Notre Dame

Strike on 7th September

by shimin

Hi, I've booked TGV prems on the 7th Sept 2010, from Paris to Nice. However, it seems like there is going to be a strike and that SNCF has joined in. I read that SNCF Grandes Lignes, TER SNCF and Transilien SNCF will be affected. The problem is, I'm not sure what the Grandes Lignes are. Is it confirmed or likely that my ticket will be invalid?

Also, will the entire metro, tram and bus system be shut down from the night of 6th sept? If so, from what time? There doesn't seem to be much information around.

by cubsur

Grandes Lignes (Main Lines) are a core part of the SNCF network and in the event of a general strike many if not all trains are likely to be cancelled. if a few trains are running to your destination you may be able to get your ticket re-validated for a different train the same day. But if the strike is solid, you might have to wait until the next day.

Transilien is the Paris regional rail network oerated by SNCF- the RER network and a few more lines basically. There is in fact a strike affecting certain lines this weekend but this is only stated on the French language pages - http://www.transilien.com/web/site/lang/fr

The Metro, trams and buses are operated by a different organisation so you should check the website http://www.ratp.fr/ for information. I didn't see any when I looked earlier.

by shimin

I can't find any press release on the ratp site either, but lemonde.fr reported about a week ago that RATP is taking part in the strike. Unfortunately, there seems to be really little info around, as most other websites that I found using Google requote lemonde.

by wandering360

Found some slightly conflicting reports....

According to AFP (and ADPnews), the Force Ouvriere (FO) trade union of the RATP have filed for the night of Sept 6 while another Sud RATP filed for the day of Sept 7.

According to another websiet, SNCF (for your main line train to Nice) will decide Aug 26/27.

Pedmar
I will be arriving on September 7th in Paris and will rent a car at CDG. Is the traffic going to be horrible if SNCF calls a strike? Is RATP calling for a strike as well?

Thank you Pedro.
From CDG I am driving South on the A10. Trying to decide if I want to go on the Peripherique or go around via Aulnay and Creteil. What do you think?

by lmkluque

I agree with Pedro.

I've been in Paris during a "Transportation Strike" and didn't have a problem getting around at all. The trains were more crowded because there were fewer running, but they did get me to where I wanted to go.

Thanks, Pedmar.

I just finished looking at your itinerary on a map. I would NEVER have thought about about going North from CDG and go through Versailles to reach the A10. It's something to keep in mind if there is a strike.

If no strike, I'll take the A86 going through Creteil. Considering the total cost of a month in Europe, I am not too worried about saving 8 Euros :-)

Thanks again for your wonderful help.

Pedmar
That's terrible. I already know I probably won't get my suitcase at the airport :-)

Travel Tips for Paris

French Wine

by hoofhearted

Dining in a corner bistro. Being our first time to Paris, with limited knowledge of the language, we were extremely intimidated at the prospect of going into a restaurant and looking the fool. Well, between the two of us, we had just enough command of the language to say "please", "thank you" and Chardonnay! Needless to say, we did not go hungry and I think the whole "dining al fresco" was the best experience we had.

Eiffel Tower 1

by bakpakchik

How many times can one photograph the Eiffel Tower? In how many ways that havent already been done and redone a thousand times before? I tried to do my bit. Some attempts worked. Most failed miserably. Here are some that worked.

go to the Eiffel Tower (all...

by lucyguajardo

go to the Eiffel Tower (all the people know it). I remember the moment when I was under the Eiffel Tower. I look over me and I saw the immensity and power of it. You must try it.
You have to go to the top of the towel. It have a beautiful view. It cost US$8 dlls. in elevator. If you are a sport person you can go to the middle level going thru stairs.

Language Barrier

by M.E.R.V

Yea I can defo see the arrogance there. And no worries about the language barrier as long as u know merci beaucoup. Lol! People say the French hate it when people speak ne other language other than French to them but that is absolutely bollox. I find them more willing to help! Thank you my Frenchies!

What you need in Paris!

by GoodGirl16

Depending on where your going to stay I suggest pack light. It doesnt mattter or your luggage or bags but carrying everything around regarless of traveling through the country side, or city hopping, carrying a large amount of luggage is a major pain in the ass. Comfortable shoes are a must since you will be doing more walking then a New Yorker! ..and you want to walk, the sites are to fantastic to miss not to. Also bring evening shoes in case your going to go and hit it up at some clubs. During the summer a light jacket is all you need and of course a beret to go with that dashing french scarf you'll be forced to buy at the Galleries Lafayette! Luckily we didn't need anything major on our trip just some midol and bandaides. And ladies i highly suggests you bring your own femine products because it's very difficult looking for pain killers and tampons with all men shop keepers! A basic 35 mm camera or a digital one will do simply fine Bring a bathing suit just in case....if you never been to the "beach" in Paris you'll be QUITE surprised lol. But I did happen to see a few couples swimming in the river- not to mention they were drunk. Have a marvelvous time!!!!!!!!

Comments