20 rue Ledion, Paris, 75014, France

Sacre De CourSacre De Cour

The Fontaine du PalmierThe Fontaine du Palmier

C'est yummy!C'est yummy!

Eiffel TowerEiffel Tower

Almost there, some final doubts!

by Karlithus

So, about a month to be at Paris and I'm already so excited!

Some final doubts are comming and I'll write them in this post, hope to get some help from you!

- Have you been to Park Asterix already? I don't know if I'll spend 2 days at Disney or 1 at Disney and another 1 at Asterix. What are the main differences between the two parkes?

- How does a ___ cost?
- Beer?
- Coffee?
- Whisky at some pub or bar?
- Plastic bottle of water?

- The night buses (Noctilien), are they schedules almost on time? Will catch one for my flight back at 5am, need to be at the Airport at time, so I need the bus to come at the right time

I think that's all, thank you for all your help over the last 2 months to get my trip plan right.

Karl

by Karlithus

Uhmm, you're sure they don't reach CGD?

Thougt N140 and N143 do.

Maybe we'll go one day to each one!

Thanks

by Karlithus

Oh, I'll surely take your advise!

Is it easy to catch a taxi? We'll be staying at an appartment so no hotel to call it for us.

As for the yellow for, as far as I understood, they pick us right at our door, right? Is their service ok?

Thanks!

by Karlithus

And what about some roch / 80s, 90s bar?

My appartment is in Rue de L'opera, is there any one around which we can go at nigt?

Travel Tips for Paris

The beauty and feeling is personal on each bridge.

by Grazina

The one thing I think that every person should experience is the fact that they have arrived to their destination. For me this destination was Paris FRANCE the city of LOVE. I have not heard to much about my people the Navajos doing much traveling for leisure...and so I feel I have arrived at this point in time to share the feeling and thoughts of a stranger in a strange land, and bring it back to the Reservation.
The one thing that stuck to my mind was the fact that on the Seine Canal is all these bridges, I think 21 in all. In all shape color and size. My favorite was the Bridge near the Main house of Parliament, the National Assembly, meets in the Bourbon Palace, Completed in 1728. It was a place where I could gather my thoughts for the whole day and jot it down in my silly "Journal" all that I saw that day. All the people along the many other bridges who are doing pretty much the same thing I was doing...writing in their silly little journals ;o)).

No matter what you have seen...

by MBDVB

No matter what you have seen in a picture or a movie, the Eiffel Tower will blow you away! After that, you will see Paris in a new way... I took this picture from the second level of the Eiffel Tower, 16October, 2001. Every morning walking down the street, I would stop for a croissant and coffee at a little cafe, sit at a sidewalk table, and almost be a Parisian...
Recently, I have been given an album of pictures my grandmother saved from her trip to Europe in 1958. Included are pictures from the Eiffel Tower in exactly the same spots I was! I wish she was still here, as we could talk about our trips, and compare our Paris memories...

Jardins de Luxemborg

by bakpakchik

When i say I like my sculptures in a real setting, this is what i mean. The Medici Fountain in the Jardins de Luxemborg, surrounded by the cool greens and the murky waters below, took my breath away mroe than five Samothraces put together ever could.

At Epiphany - la Galette des Rois!

by TheWanderingCamel

In France, this golden crown of puff pastry with a creamy almond filling is the traditional dessert for Epiphany or Twelfth Night (January 6), the day the three Kings visited the baby Jesus. To add to the fun of the celebration, little charms are traditionally baked into the cake – we use small beans. The lucky person who gets the piece of cake with the charm wins a crown and is king for the day.

In the older days, the person who was King was expected to buy a round of drinks for the assembly! Some people were poor, and if they found themselves with the bean in their mouth they swallowed it! It is said that this is why nowadays pottery or porcelain charms are used.

Some of these charms are beautiful and are collectors' items. Most pastry shops have their own collection for the year, and will sell them off when January is over. Even a few years ago these "galettes" were only on sale for a few days on either side of January 6th; now they can be found right through January

lulu

Internet access (Easyeverything, 1st distr )

by BenFromParis

Easyeverything ( boulevard Sébastopol )

The biggest cyber café in Paris !!

Address: 31/37 Boulevard de Sébastopol (1st district)
Number of PCs: 375