Hotel Westin Paris

3 Rue De Castiglione, (formerly Inter Continental) Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 109% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Now the Westin Paris

The first time I visited Paris when I was 14, our family stayed at the InterContinental Paris. I remember the bathrooms being the size of my sister's bedroom and I remember using the oversized pedestal bathtub. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

The hotel is now a Westin- so the beds and amenities have been upgraded. All guest rooms feature satellite TV and Internet access through the television system. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is also available upon request. And the interactive video system (video on demand) allows you to choose from a selection of movies available.

Unique Quality: Rooms cost between 360 Euro ($495 US) a night.

Directions: In the 7th Arr. (nearby the Concord and Tuileries Metro stops), In the heart of the business and financial district near the Tuileries Gardens (0.1 mi/0.1 km) and the Rue Du Faubourg. It is also a short walk from the Louvre.

• sneakydrew's Profile Photo

Simply lovely

Now owned/operated by Westin, this is not your average Starwood chain hotel. If you are looking for French elegance, superior service and prime location then this is the place to stay. My girlfriend and I stayed here 12/27/05 - 1/1/06 in a standard room and are returning again this year.

Directions: The hotel overlooks the Tuileries gardens and is about a bock from the Place Vendôme. Naturally Paris is a walking city and the Louvre and Notre Dame are a short walk away. The entire city is simply a lovely walk away.

• xstacey's Profile Photo

Great Hotel in Opera area

This is now a Starwood property - the "Westin Paris". This was a beautiful hotel located very close to the Louvre and ... shopping!

Very nice restaurant on site.

Unique Quality: This hotel has a beautiful courtyard area. Since it was Christmas, there was, of course, a Christmas Tree, and instead of Ornaments they had Disco Balls.

Directions: Opera

• pasqualeswife's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel, excellent location

The room that we had was large even by American standards. The staff was extremely friendly, multi-lingual very helpful. Every night we had a beautiful plate of fresh fruit and a bottle of wine brought to the room compliments of the house. I highly recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: This hotel was originally a monastery and at one time housed Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette while they were awaiting execution. It is right across the street from the Tuilleries Gardens, the Louvre is just a short walk through the gardens, about one block. The Place de la Concorde also is just a short walk away.

Directions: Across the street from Tuilleries on the Rue de Rivoli.

• KittyLou's Profile Photo

Good Room Good Staff

The room was nice. My experience is that international chains give you a better size room then boutique or european chains.

I had the misfortune of having my wallet picked from my handbag and the staff were very good about helping while I cancelled credit cards (in was American Thanksgiving which made it complicated).

Unique Quality: Lovely lobby, dinning areas

More about Hotel Westin Paris

Good linen over over les tuileries

by mherranz about The Westin Paris - Vendôme

Very good sights of Paris, the gardens of Tulieries, the Orangerie, the tour eiffel and the Orsay´s museum. The location is very good. The facilities of the hotel are in the average, the values too.

Paris Disappointment!

The only advantage this hotel has is its' location. It truly is centrally located to so much of where you want to be. Having said that, I would not stay there again.

We stayed on the Club level for five nights during the Paris fashion week, October 5-10, 2004. We requested a no smoking floor. However, since the hotel was oversold, they put smoking guests in non-smoking rooms on our floor. A phone call to the front desk revealed that they had done this intentionally and their response to us was to spray air freshener in the hall and place a towel beneath our door to block the smoke smell from entering our room.

The first evening of our stay, we had after dinner drinks in the hotel bar, a lovely intimate establishment, until I saw a grey field mouse eating peanuts off the floor. Turns our there was a whole family living under the fringed couch at the rear of the bar. Although the Manager stood with us as the mice scurried away, no compensation was offered for any of the above inconveniences.

We were promised a view of the Tuilleres Gardens, instead got the astro turf view . Nothing else available. It took 40 minutes for a bellman to get our luggage upon departure, in spite of having pre-arranged a precise pick-up with the concierge on our floor. Repeated calls to the concierge and a personal visit did nothing to speed our journey to the airport. We finally dragged the bags down the hall ourselves (do you know how heavy your luggage is after a week of shopping in Paris???), only to run into the porter, chatting with housekeeping.

Stay next door at the Hotel Meurice. Same location, but the attention to service is unrivaled.

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!!!

by TripAdvisor Member NAT001

I have just returned from staying at the Intercontinental on rue de Castiglione, and I can't wait to go back. On arrival the staff could not have been more friendly or accomodating. As soon as you walk in you feel like you've been wrapped up in a nice warm blanket- lovely!!. The rooms weren't huge but they were very nicely decorated and spotless of course. Molton Brown shampoo, conditioner etc. in the bathroom as well as scales ( good for those of us watching their weight!!) and big fluffy bathrobes. Widescreen TV's (large choice of channels), comfortable beds, Computer point, great choice of reading material (the Economist etc.)- one couldn't ask for more! I couldn't fault this hotel if I tried- high praise indeed!.

Gare Montparnasse to Westin Paris

Bonjour \ Hello,

I will traveling via TGV to Gare Montparnasses from a wedding in the Perigord Region, so I will have a little more luggage than a normal tourist. I will also be traveling with my wife and 2 small children (ages 3 & 1). I am trying to determine the logistics of getting to the Westin Paris from Gare Montparnasse at around 7:30 PM on a Saturday Night. My questions are these:

How is the walk to the Metro Station where I can take a Line 12 Metro? Is it a long walk, lots of Stairs, Escalators, Is there elevator access?

I am seriously considering a Taxi also, Any guidance on getting a taxi at the station, would it be better to make arrangements in advance or is it easy enough to get one there. Any directions to the Taxi Ranks. Also how is the walk to the taxi rank. Is it a long walk, lots of Stairs, Escalators, Is there elevator access?

Any other info regarding Gare Montparnasse would be appreciated, I.e ease of using a stroller, the moving sidewalk, availability of Luggage Carts.

Thank You in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

RE: Gare Montparnasse to Westin Paris

by Jeannette1

lots of luggage + 2 young children = taxi cab
It's worth the expense.
Gare Montparnasse is a big station. Just go to the TAXI waiting area and take a cab to your hotel.
Bon voyage