Hotel de Crillon Paris

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 82% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• MichelleVargas's Profile Photo

Anniversary in Paris

My husband and I had the pleasure of booking a 5 day, 4 night stay at the fabulous hotel, Hotel De Crillon, it was a super elegant and luxurious hotel stay. we were a bit skeptic because of the price i received through IDS, Inc. but it was worth every penny and more!! Firstly, let me start by telling you that it was a spectacular hotel and rich in its elegance. its a historical monument, styled in the taste of the 18th century, offered breathtaking views of the Eiffel Tower and close to Champs-Elysees. located right in the heart of Paris. I am so happy to place a review here, i want everyone to experience what we did for 5 days. i cant wait to go back and book through IDS, Inc. in the future, to ensure a great vacation. I hope to hear from alot of you that share my views on this review site. Love ya Virtual Tourist and IDS, Inc. without you two I would have never decided on a place to spend our anniversary. THANK YOUUU!!

Unique Quality: Historical Monument
    Views of Eiffel Tower
    Located in heart of Paris
    Close to Champs-Elysees
    18th Century Style Hotel

• kris-t's Profile Photo

One of the oldest luxury hotels in the world

The Hotel de Crillon in Paris is one of two identical stone palaces on the Place de la Concorde, wich was constructed in 1758.

In 1788 the Count of Crillon, acquired the building for a hotel.

Today it is the ideal destination for business or leisure travellers.

Hotel has 7 meeting rooms (max. number of persons: 350), secretarial services, car park (with costs).

Hotel has: Rooms: 147; Suites: 44.
    Room price: EU 540.00 - 1480.00 (Jan.-Feb)
    EU 730.00 - 1640.00 (Sep.)

Unique Quality: On Nov. 2010 the 'Challenges.fr' reported the sale of the Crillon to the member of the Saudi Arabian royal family.

• krisnakrisna's Profile Photo

A Renowned Palace

Unique Quality: This masterpiece of 18th-century architecture has always provided its guests with the highest level of personalized service.

Including the renowned 'Leonard Bernstein' and Presidential apartments overlooking Paris, successfully combine the elegance of authentic tradition and efficiency of today's business needs.

Situated on the most beautiful square in the world, and in the heart of Paris, Place de la Concorde.

Directions: Situated next door to the U.S. Embassy.

• Make sure you have hot water

I stayed at the vaunted Hotel de Crillon a couple of years ago and when I tried to take a shower, no hot water. "Ou est de l'eau chaud?" I asked the manager. she said, "Je suis desole". I said, at $650 per night i expect de l'eau chaud. In the U.S. there is a chain of motels called Motel 6 and they have hot water. Pourquoi non de l'eau chaud á l'Hotel de Crillon?

Unique Quality: very cold water in the shower.

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo

EXQUISITE QUALITY & BEAUTY

My friends & I couldn't afford to stay at this legendary hotel but we did go in, sit in the lobby and enjoy the beauty of the 18th-century Louis XV architecture and decor. We had just spent a few hours on the Champs Elysees.

The Crillon became a hotel in 1909 & all rooms were renovated in 2002.

Site of the infamous guillotine Revolutionary executions, the Place de la Concorde (renamed to emphasize serenity following tumultuous times) is a beautiful component in the alignment of monuments Baron Haussman extended from the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe. This is the largest square in Paris--(21 acres) .

Directions: Champs Elysees, 8th arrondissement

• seansf's Profile Photo

One of the BEST hotels in Paris

Stayed at his hotel for three days. It was a very memorable experience. Beautiful, elegant hotel. Lobby area is fantastic. Service could not have been better. Room was very large and wonderfully decorated. Bathroom was huge. Can not think of anything at this hotel that did not exceed my expectations. If you get the chance, do not pass up a stay at this hotel.

Unique Quality: Elegant facilities, Great staff, good location.
    A stay at this hotel will not be forgotten!

Directions: Place de la Concorde

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo

more expensive? not possible

Perhaps the best and the most expensive hotel I never went to.
    I had a meeting in PAris and my company paid me the five days there: almost 1000 Euro for one night.
    With this money, you think at least breakfast is included? no. In the evening, you choose the breakfast you want, cheapest is 60 Euro and the time you want it.
    Then at this time sharp, they knock your door and enter. You don't have to move from your bed, and there is food for 10, the largest choice for one person I never saw.
    Everything is for the top, luxury is the best and is from the oldest French tradition.
    The hotel is from the time of Henry IV and de Crillon was one of his Ministers I think.
    Waiters can great you in all languages, the place is just perfect, if you can afford it!.
    Once I just wanted a glass of water: 20 Euro.
    The last night there was a dinner: 1000 Euro per head without the wine.
    I will always remember this meal. There were 11 dishes, all perfect, and the wine was among the best bordeaux, cheval-blanc 1982.

Unique Quality: You are on the place de la Concorde, close to Moulin Rouge and Maxim's, and close to Champs Elysees.
    I enjoyed the architectory of the hotel and around the hotel, the view on the Place Royale of Paris, it is great, even if I don't think I will one day go back to this hotel. With the money spent there, I could have fed several families in Ghana during one year.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo

Another of Paris' Poshest

The Hotel de Crillon is one of the deluxe hotels in Paris that most of us just hear about rather than see. Its commanding position on the Place de la Concorde and its Old World splendor will come with a hefty price, but there are few locations for luxury in the City of Light that are better than this, a 5-star hotel on the edge of the Jardin des Tuileries and an easy walk to the Louvre.

• LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

Over the top Hotel De Crillon

Wow, the Hotel Crillon…. Big sigh. This 18th century palace situated on the world famous Place De La Concorde, in the heart of Paris a historical monument located next to the Champs-Elysees. I was given a free night by the Hotel because I booked about $100,000 worth of business on one large group of people. They arranged for me and a guest to be picked up at the train station by limo and taken to the hotel. One thing I did notice is that it’s located right next to the American Embassy, and that it was crawly with police. I had arrived just after 9/11, and the Palace De La Concorde is a huge noisy ugly road with the Obelisk and a Farris wheal in the middle.

Anyhow, they don’t have a front desk counter. Oh noooooo. Some one comes and greets you, brings you to their office desk and checks you in. The same person walks with you up to your suite and chats with you about the hotel. Very very nice.

The rooms are about $800 a night. When your talking about that kind of money, the staff doesn’t care who you are, everyone is treated the very same way: like royalty.

Unique Quality: The 105 rooms and 52 suites, 5 of which have a view overlooking the Place de la Concorde have all been refurbished by Sonia Rykiel in Louis XV style. They all feature soundproofing and air conditioning together with many other modern features such as individual mini bar, safety boxes, video on demand, telephones with two lines, computer jacks and voice mail and marble bathrooms. All suites are equipped with inn room fax. The Superior Rooms are spacious single or double rooms, each have a sitting area and view of either the American Embassy of the street side or one of the hotel's inner courtyards. The Deluxe large rooms offer a comfortable seating area, a large dressing and overlook one of the two inner courtyards of the hotel or the Boissy d'Anglas. From the Junior Suites to the large apartments, 52 in total, some of which have connecting rooms, are all equipped with hi-fi sets, in room fax and VCR.

Directions: Place De La Concorde, in the heart of Paris

More about Hotel de Crillon Paris

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member yplady

For years, we've searched for the perfect Parisian hotel. This year, through serendipity, we had the opportunity to stay at Hotel de Crillon for four nights and it has spoiled us for anyplace else. The staff is gracious and knowledgeable, but not at all pretentious; I truly felt that each one took personal pride in making a positive contribution to our stay. We received an upgrade to a junior suite overlooking a courtyard - the sitting room was perfect for us to invite friends in for a visit. The breakfast buffet was included in our room rate, and it is not to be missed. I've always taken the view that a hotel isn't the most important part of a vacation, but the Hotel de Crillon proved me wrong; it was the highlight of this year's trip. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. I'm definitely returning next year.

The Hotel De CrillonThe Hotel De Crillon

Ferrari at Hotel de CrillonFerrari at Hotel de Crillon

Ferrari at Hotel de CrillonFerrari at Hotel de Crillon

Hotel de Crillon with limousine.Hotel de Crillon with limousine.

Paris Hotel Price Fixing

by Roadquill

These babies are out of my price range, but according to AP, the following hotels have been accused of and fined for price fixing: Hotel de Crillon, the Ritz, the George V, the Plaza Athenee, the Meurice and the Bristol. Apparently the Americanization of Paris is not limited to McDonald's. Oh yes, the question, does this effect any of us? Karl

RE: Paris Hotel Price Fixing

by CALSF

A couple of people posted this on another forum. It sure doesn't affect me. I don't have that kind of money to spend on hotel rooms. And I am doubtful that I'd make it a habit of spending upwards to 1,000 euro/night for a room even if I could afford it.

Comments