32-34 rue Gregoire-de-Tours, 06 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• maritoni's Profile Photo

Best in St Germaine

Perfect location - ATM in the corner, bakery in the back, mini mall in the back, a supermarket in the area, chinese food, pizza, mexican food in the area... in the back is a small store selling milk, soda... in the corner is a creperie..

walking distance (1 minute) to ODEON Metro.

Unique Quality: walking distance to all the shopping store - Louis Vuitton, Swarovski, Marlboro, Christian Dior, Anthropologie, Burberry, Celio, Ben & Jerrys... cant think of anything more...

PS: Parisians were surprised when we ordered Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream in the middle of winter - nitetime. I guess they are coffee drinkers than ice cream lovers.

More about Hotel de Fleurie

Hotel de Fleurie Good for the Soul - Great Place!

I stayed at the Hotel de Fleurie in October 2004. As a woman traveling alone, I was comforted by the fact that they lock the doors at night and you have to ring a bell to get into the hotel. My room was small, quiet and very clean. I loved my remodeled, spotlessly clean, marbled tiled little bathroom. I went to Paris to be alone and to grieve the death of my father so I was looking for something different than most. Vanessa and Vincent, at the front desk, handled me with care even though I never told them why I was there. The hotel manager and owner, Andres, took time out of his morning to walk me to a place to find wine for friends back home. Like everyone said, it is centrally located to sights, buses and the metro. Also, right at the corner just steps away from the hotel, on St. Germaine is an enclosed, bank teller machine that you access with your debit card. This was very convenient for me. The largest internet cafe in Paris is just a few blocks and fabulous restaurants abound. If you are looking for luxury and pampering, this is not the place. If you are looking for a clean, quiet and comfortable hotel, centrally located, then Hotel de Fleurie is a place I would recommend.

Nice hotel for the price

My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Hotel de Fleurie in Paris. We spent a week there and weren't looking for anything fancy, just a nice, clean hotel that was centrally located. The Odeon metro station is about a block away and there are also many great restaurants in the area. Our room (61) was very small but since we weren't spending time in our room for us it was good. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean, nice place to stay while sightseeing in Paris. Don't come here if you're looking for luxury or fanciness.

Great family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pdxgal63

Our family of four loved this little hotel. We rented the "family suite", which was two small rooms that were in the same little vestibule, which we could close off so that the two rooms were basically adjoining. The hotel's location was wonderful, just off a bustling street that had plenty of restaurants and patisseries. The hotel is family run, and the staff all spoke some English but were happy to speak French with us even though our French was very very basic! The hotel provided a computer with free internet access, and had several English-language newspapers available every day. Our kids loved the large candy bowl at the front desk which was replenished daily. We did not try the breakfast so I cannot comment on it; we preferred to wander out the door and have the typical French breakfast, of croissants and coffee. We would definitely return to the Hotel de Fleurie.

Charming and cosy

I am American and my boyfriend is French and we visited Paris for a getaway weekend from Brussels, where we live. We chose the Hotel de Fleurie based upon existing TripAdvisor reviews, and we were not let down. It is a very charming, pristinely kept and extremely clean hotel. Our street-side room was a tad noisy, however the interior and bathroom were so cosy that we hardly minded. The location couldn't be better.... walking distance to virtually everything. We stayed in the Fall of 2004, when temperatures were starting to get a bit cold. Seeing the De Fleurie entrance upon our return from a day of activities and the cosy sitting room through the window, felt like a much welcomed retreat in the middle of central Paris. I would definitely stay here again as well as recommend it to friends and family.

Overpriced For What You Get

by TripAdvisor Member Continental American

I have to wonder about the basis for comparison of some of these rave reviewers. I have been to at least 25 small hotels in Saint-Germain-des-Pres over the past 30 years. I was looking forward to my long stay at the Hotel de Fleurie, because I heard a lot of good things about it. I was lucky enough to get a deeply discounted rate that finally put it into my price range.

I was quite disappointed with what I found. My room had no charm to speak of and was cheaply furnished and quite ordinary. The heating could have been better. There was nothing really terrible about this hotel, but I felt it was very overpriced even for the discounted rate I paid. I've stayed in two star hotels in the area that had more charming and nicer rooms.

There is an attractive lobby lounge that you pass from the street, but I felt that guests were discouraged from spending time there. In the evening when you'd like to sit on a nice couch and read or use the internet (30 Eurocents a minute!), the night clerk monopolized the room by entertaining company with the lights out (don't ask!)

The breakfast was nice if you are hungry enough to eat 10 Euros worth. A bakers basket and coffee are brought to you, and there is an additional cold buffet. The quality of the food was fresh and good, and English newspapers are available for free.

The location is superb, and I suppose that is what you're paying for. Long experience has taught me that I can pay a lot less for it somewhere else.

Enjoyed our stay

My husband and I stayed there for 6 nights in November 2004. Our room was very basic and very small, but fine considering we spent very little time in our room. The bathroom was tiny but modern and clean. We expected a something a bit nicer, as the website portrays, but enjoyed our stay here nonetheless. There is a great bakery right around the corner on Rue Seine, which we loved for breakfast every day. There are also tons of choices for restaurants in the area, and it is bustling at all hours. We definitely loved the location of this hotel and could not asked for a better neighborhood. The access to public transportation was great, but we opted to walk almost everywhere, at any hour.

We would consider staying here again, based on its ideal location.

Just right for us

by TripAdvisor Member JBT

Great bustling location yet on a quiet side street. Two Metro stops close by. The staff spoke English and they all were very helpful. After overnight flight, we ate breakfast at the hotel and just as we finished the room was ready @ 11:30am. Booked online. Hair dryer included. Shower curtains included. Room safe but you have to ask for key. Walk north towards the Seine for the little streets with shops and side walk cafes. Walk south to Jardin de Luxembourg garden, a must see place to rest. Room small but adequate, since you are rarely there. Will stay at the Hotel de Fleuire again.

Loved, loved, loved the Fleurie!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member spoiled

Bonjour fellow Tripadvisors!!

My hubby took me to Paris to celebrate my 50th birthday, I know I am very blessed to have such a wonderful man!!! We stayed at the Fleurie for many reasons. We wanted a location that was "french" in flavor and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel. Lets begin with, this is not America!! The hotels in Europe are usually smaller and older, but that is the reason to go to Europe. So yes, the rooms are smaller, but the rooms are also very, very clean. The decor was lovely and simple, our bathroom (#51) was all marble, clean, shower with tub, shower curtain, blowdryer, and plenty of goodies for the bath, I will be honest, it was very small!

The front desk staff, especially Vanessa were all so kind and helpful. I know that everyone mentions having to turn in the key when you leave and asking for it when you return, but to be frank, we liked this because it made you feel part of a family. The location is also one of the best places to stays in regards to cafe's, and within walking distance to all.

My husband really did not want to go the France (politics) but did so because of my birthday. He had such a great time in Paris that he even wants to go back!! (sorry o'rielly) I do not have the energy nor the time to type how much we loved Paris and the Hotel Fleurie, we would not hesitate to come back to this amazing hotel!!

God bless and hopefully when you visit Paris you too will enjoy the Fleurie!!

Diane and Carl Nelson

Brilliant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Teallaire

Stayed at the Hotel Fleurie with my girlfriend in early march 2005 and was delighted with the hotel. The rooms were lovely and immaculately clean, bathrooms nicely finished, huge bed, room was small but we weren't planning on running around it or spending much time in it anyway. The location is ideal, just around the corner from the metro stop on boulevard St. Germain, restaurants, bars etc etc. all around.

An ideal location for a romantic weekend.

I feel I must give special praise to the staff. You could have a lock for the safey deposit box for free but would be charged €100 if you lost the key. I didn't lost the key rather forgot to take the lock and key out of my pocket when checking out and only discovered them on the train to the airport. I contacted the hotel on my return and told them I would be posting it back (€4) and they were quite happy with this - this was not a problem.

hotel de fleurie vs. hotel artus ( formerly rue baci)

by ddlv2trvl

I have gotten quotes from both the above hotels in St. Germain which are about the same price 185 at fleurie, 190EU at artus which includes cont. bkfst.
I am leaning toward Artus which has rave reviews on Fodors site.
Fleurie is touted by Frommers.

For a lot cheaper in Marais, there is Home Plazza Bastille or Citadines Bastille Marais. We are well travelled couple in early 60s, not much into nightliffe, but like our creature comforts. and like to walk around neighborhood, eat where locals do, etc. We will be in Paris for the 1st time 27-31 Oct.

Any suggestions on the wisest choice for us?

You all were such a great help with narrowing my choice of areas to stay and I am looking forward to your feedback.

Many thanks,

Deanna

Re: hotel de fleurie vs. hotel artus ( formerly rue baci)

by averyg

Hi Deanna:

My husband and I stayed in La Fleurie several years ago. We enjoyed it very much. The room was lovely, albeit a bit small. I lived in Europe for many years, so I was used to "small".(We are American) My husband had not travelled as much at the time and at the beginning was a bit put off by the "smallness" However, we spent a week in La Fleurie and loved it. The neighborhood is great as I am sure you know. Lots of great little restaurants and shops. The staff was lovely. We are travelling next to Egypt and just happened to see your post as we were logging on to this website. Have you been to Egypt? Any suggestions?
Have a great trip!

Re: Re: hotel de fleurie vs. hotel artus ( formerly rue baci)

by ddlv2trvl

thanks for the input -- not been to Egypt sorry.

Deanna