Hotel de Lutece

See Amenities
filmburner's Profile Photo

GREAT HOTEL ISLE ST.LLOUIS

by written on April 28, 2010

ONE WEEK LONG.GREAT LOCATION ROOMS SMALL,BUT TYPICLA FOR THE AREA. BREAKFAST IN LOBBY OR CAVE LIKE BREAKFAST ROOM. I HAD NO SMALL BILLS BUT THEY REFUSED TIP AS TOO LARGE .AFTER HELPING US WITH LUGGAGE. LATER ACCEPTED A SMALLER AMOUNT. HELPFUL BUT NOT INTRUDING STAFF. DOOR ANNED ALL NIGHT.

Unique Quality: BEAUTIFUL ROOMS AND BATH ROOMS. GREAT LOCATION. ALONG WITH ITS SISTER HOTEL MY SECOND FAVORITE PLACE IN THE HEART OF PARIS. PRICES BASED ON $135 TO THE EURO

Directions: ON THE SMALL ISLAND ATTACHED TO THE USLAND WITH NOTRE DAME. CONNECTED BY BRIDGE. TWO GREAT ICE CREAM SHOPS NEAR BY BOTH FAMOUS. GREAT VIEW OF SEINE, EASY ACCESS TO 5TH,LATIN QUARTER AND MUSEUMS ON A DIRECT METRO LINE NEARBY.

great location

by written on October 7, 2006

We stayed at Hotel de Lutece for 2 nights, Aug 25-26, 2006. The staff was great, took our luggage to our room. We got a laugh out of the elevator, the three of us fit when we sucked our guts in. We loved the location, so close to the river, Notre Dame, St Germain all within walking. There is a small supermarket right next door, a bakery, cheese shop and gifts shops on the same street. Would recommend to anyone. We have never been to a hotel that had all the bottles of pop, water, beer etc in them. We did not know how it worked. when we checked out they asked how many you drank and it was 3.00 euros a bottle. much cheaper to go to the supermarket next door.

CALSF's Profile Photo

The Best Located Hotel for Me

by written on January 3, 2005

I like the Hotel Verneuil but I have to admit to you that the Hotel de Lutece has got an edge not only for the excellent Ile St. Louis location but also for its staff and its breakfast unbelievably!

I made a reservation for a double room and kept checking with the hotel over 6 months time to see if I could have one of the top floor rooms. Hotel kept coming back with negatives but said they'd do their best for me.

Upon check-in, I walked into a warm, lovely lobby with wood panels and a fireplace and decorated with poinsettias. Madame at reception gave me a triple room that was on the 5th floor (room #53) overlooking some rooftops. Very very quiet room. Had a small alcove with an extra bed hence the triple room. Bathroom was a good size with bidet. Shower stall is small and needs some refurbishing due to some mold in between the tiles but otherwise, was excellent.

Has a normal hairdryer

Breakfast is 10 euro (continental) but this is not the usual baguette & croissant/coffee or tea b'fast. The server, a very kind Indian woman, gives you extra and is very accomodating. The croissant is huge and so is the baguette. The coffee-oh my God-is so good. It's strong but not so strong to be absolutely bitter. And it's a huge pot with another huge pot of steamed milk. Plus you receive a nice glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice.

The best part is the hotel's location to Notre Dame-just 2 1/2 short blocks. How can you beat that?

Best thing is that I booked a regular double room at 158 euro but they assigned me a triple room (s/b 174 euro) but I paid the rate for a regular double room-what I reserved.

Unique Quality: Please see above notes.

Other unique qualities:

The bells at Notre Dame could be heard from the room! Very atmospheric to me!

The hotel serves breakfast until noon! Great if you wake up late.

The rates are excellent for the location!

BOOK YOUR ROOM AT LEAST 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE! THIS IS A VERY POPULAR HOTEL.

Note: Rates for 2006 will increase to 170 euro for a double room and 12 euro for the breakfast.

Directions: Can't miss it: walk down Rue St. Louis en Ile.

Nearby Hotel de Lutece

Amenities at Hotel de Lutece

• Room Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews