Hotel de Nevers

83 rue du Bac, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75007, France

Hostelworld.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• was nice to stay there

Me and two of my girlfriends stayed in this hotel in April 2011. I liked almost everything about it - nice location (very close to the metro station) and at the same time just 15 minutes away from Luvre, the river banks, Luxemburg gardens (my favorite place in Paris:) ), Notre Dame, even Eiffel tower if it doesn't bother you to have a 30-40 minutes walk. Our room was small but clean, bathroom was nice and clean too. The hotel doesn't have an elevator - so it would not be comfortable for handicap or elder people, since the stairs were spiral and in my understanding quite tricky.
    The room was cleaned every day.
    Staff at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful.
    The window of our room was into the Rue du Bac, but it was not too noisy.
    You could hear people from the other room talking if you left your bathroom door open.
    Unpleasant moment was that we had to pay as for a true triple room since in reality it was just a double room with an extra bed brought.

Unique Quality: great location! clean room and bathroom.

Directions: 7e arr., metro station "Rue du Bac"

• rkearns's Profile Photo

hotel de nevers

we stayed here in jan '08 and it was fine. cheap, great location. (place de la republique)

Unique Quality: we were befriended by one of the hotel's cats. he was cute.

• tigerjapan's Profile Photo

Thieves Work Here!!!

Was so excited to be staying in Paris and even though the room was crap, we thought it was quaint. On the last night we went to the restaurant owned by the hotel across the road. Stupidly i left some money in a pocket of my jacket in my room. We discussed taking it but decided it would be fine as we were just going for a quick bite across the road. The money was gone when we got back from dinner. The room was locked and no-one had forced their way in. We reported it to the front desk and they told us we must have misplaced it. Due to no forced entry the police couldn't do anything either (and by the time they arrived the staff had changed). The police said it was probably the staff, but with no proof there was nothing they could do.

A month later someone used the credit card we had given to book the room at this hotel (and we hadn't used it elsewhere) to try and charge goods in Paris. Living in Japan, my credit card company called me and we could stop the transaction.

Be very aware if you're going to stay here! Don't give credit details or leave anything valuable in your room.

Unique Quality: Thieves... always a nice touch!

• newsphotogirl's Profile Photo

Pleasant and Practical

I found this hotel as I was wandering the city. The owner's cats wander the lobby and are very affectionate. The rooms are inexpensive but clean and the hotel is in a good location, close to the metro. Safe neighborhood. They also have a computer in the lobby for guests to check email. The keyboard is slightly different than american ones. There is an elevator although it's small. It could barely fit me and my suitcase. I highly recommend this hotel to those on a budget.

I paid 43 euros/night in December for a room with a shower and toilet. I would stay here again.

• gwen_tifa's Profile Photo

Welcoming and warm

It's a pretty decent hotel, despite the lift is only able to carry only one person and his big lugage up at a time. The owner is very friendly and always willing to give directions and tips about getting around this big busy city. Although you are allowed to use the computer to access your emails, it's kinda time waster when you are waiting for your turn to get your hands on it. And when it's your turn, you are repeatedly reminded that you've only got 5 mins to do use this common facility (which is kinda hard for me as i have never been exposed to the french keyboard, and i took 5 mins to only type a sentence for an email!)

Unique Quality: You find lovely cats sometimes lying sleepily in it's couch, sometimes strolling around and loves attention.

Directions: Take Metro and alight at Republic Station

More about Hotel de Nevers

Hotel De Nevers

by YukiFan

Hi

Thanks for those who have helped me with earlier posting regarding Hotel De Nevers

I've just realised that I made a mistake!!

The Hotel De Nevers is not the one on the 7th but 11th arrondissement.

Hotel De Nevers
53 Rue De Malte 75011

Appreciate if you can help:

1. Is the hotel good and clean?
2. Is the area safe?
3. Is it within walking distance to the metro?
4. Is it convenient in terms of eating places and supermarket?
5. How far/ long does it take to take a tube to the sightseeing places like Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame?

By the way, can anyone also advise me the web site (if any) or email of the Hotel De Nevers in the 8th arrondissement that I was actually interested in.

Help will be much appreciated

Re: Hotel De Nevers

by MarcG

The 11 arrodisement is somewhat out of the way, you were better off with the previous Hotel de Nevers!

Re: Hotel De Nevers

by Camdoc

I was at the Hotel de Nevers a couple of years ago. It is a very small, but quaint hotel about a block from the metro station, just off of the Place de la Republique. A bit out of the way, but the metro was right there, so anyplace was accessible. Maybe 10-15 minutes to Notre Dame. There are lots of places to eat around the hotel.

There is one staircase, with an elevator that runs up along side of it. Rooms radiate oddly off of the stairs--often no landing, and you have to step up from the stairs into the room! Lower rooms share a bathroom off the stairs. It was clean, but not a lot of amenities in the room. Continental breakfast if you want it.
I was there with my 11 and 13 year old children. We had the top floor room, it holds 4 with a private bathroom. We thought it was great. Cost $55 per night. I am thinking of going back there soon.

RE: RE: Hotel De Nevers

by tigerjapan

Never stay at the Hotel De Nevers in the 11th... we had money stolen from our locked room. No one broke in, a key was used and the only man working was the man at the front desk who knew we were at the hotel across the street (that they are affiliated with) for dinner. When we told the manager he said, my partner had probably stolen my money.

Terrible hotel and staff.

Comments