31 Boulevard Saint-Michel, 5eme, Paris, 75005, France

Booking.com Priceline.com

Rated 13% higher but also costs 40% more than other 2 star hotels

• jlynyc's Profile Photo

Great little Hotel in the Latin Quarter

Located on busy Boulevard St. Michel, about 1 1/2 blocks south of Boulevard St. Germain, this hotel is perfectly situated for a quick stay in Paris. Walking distance to Notre Dame, ile de st. louis, le marais, the Louvre, the Musee D'Orsay, le jardins du Luxembourg, the Pantheon...the Sorbonne and other universities surround the hotel.

Hotel de Suez is also close to the St. Michel (and the Cluny/Sorbonne) metro station, which provides access to RER B (to Charles de Gaulle airport) and RER C (to Versailles), as well as connections to several different metro lines. I walked my way through Paris and only took the metro twice - once to la defense to meet a friend and the second time was from Versailles to Montmartre and back down to la Bastille. It was all very easy to do - take a look at the maps, note the name of the last stop on the line in the direction you are headed and then look for your train - I found the Metro to be very efficient.

The hotel itself is small but clean. I did not have breakfast there but it was available. I was traveling solo and stayed in room 105 (an interior room with a view of the space between the buildings). It was small, but plenty of room for one. The bathroom was large considering the size of the room and the shower had the best water pressure I've ever had in a hotel in Europe. In fact, the bathroom was probably the largest I've encountered in any European hotel I've stayed in. (Keep in mind that you are in a city and this is not a "western" style hotel - the rooms will be small!). Considering that the hotel was located on Boulevard St. Michel, there were no issues with noise. TV is available in the room with mostly french stations other than CNN and BBC World.

Unique Quality: The hotel staff was pleasant, spoke english and was accomodating in holding my bags for me on arrival and departure in a locked closet. Rooms were available between 12:30 and 13:00 and check out was at 11:30.

Directions: From Cluny/Sorbonne station walk 1 block south. From St. Michel, if you exit in front of Notre Dame, cross the Seine, make a right onto Quai de St. Michel and then a left onto Boulevard St. Michel.

• midwesttrvlr's Profile Photo

Nice Location, Great Price

This was our first stay outside of the US, so when we walked in, my husband and I just thought that anything was fun and exciting!

Hotel de Suez was very nice for a 2 star hotel, I am told. It was a small room, but a great location in the Latin Quarter and it had a nice private bathroom with full shower and hairdryer. It was reasonably priced at $93 and was very clean. The gentleman at the counter made our restaurant reservations for us gladly and gave us a free map upon entrance.

The hotel did overlook a somewhat busy street (Boulevard Saint Michel) but it was quiet at night and provided nice ambiance. The bed was firm, but it did have a nice TV with English channels and an alarm clock!

I couldn't have been more pleased with my first overseas hotel experience! Sorry no pictures, but like I said before, my camera ate my digital card and my dad didn't take any of the hotel!

Unique Quality: Nice entrance, good location - right by the Metra

You can stay at the HOTEL ST ANDRE DES ARTS
    66 rue saint andre des arts
    Fax +33 1 4329 7334
    email: hsaintand@wanadoo.fr

Metro: Odeon (near Cafe Conti)
    Quartier Latin and Saint-Germain des pres.

Unique Quality: Very active area (student area)
    Very well located at Bd ST MICHEL and BD ST GERMAIN (Metro and RER)

Directions: near Bd St Germain and the cafe Cluny (Museum)

• nygaston's Profile Photo

71 r Monge 75005 PARIS
    télécopie : .01 43 31 11 46

Unique Quality: Area - 5th district

I like this hotel

• First of all, I recommend that...

First of all, I recommend that you stay on the left bank. The right bank is bigger, grander, and more expensive, but it is not nearly as homey, or exciting, as the Left Bank.

If you are traveling with a group, and are willing to spend about 30 dollars a night, I recommend the Hotel de Suez. This hotel has a great location; it is located halfway between the Cluny Museum and the Sorbonne on Boulevard San Michel(the main Latin Quarter boulevard). The staff is very helpful, and the rooms are adequate and clean. But the location is astounding for the price (about 60 bucks a night for two people). From the hotel, Notre Dame and St. Chappelle are a ten minute walk, the Cluny and Sorbonne are less than five, the heart of St. Germaine is ten minutes away, as is the Luxembourg Gardens. Shakespeare and Co. (the old English language bookstore) is also about ten minutes away. So, this is an all around great deal.

For a single traveler on a budget, I recommend trying to book yourself into the Association de Etudiants Protestant de Paris on Rue de Vaugirard in Saint Germaine. The dorm rooms are very basic, consisting of a bunch of sheetless and old beds lined up along a wall, but the rooms have large ceiling to floor windows that are always open in the summer. Once again, the location is the reason that I recommend this hostel. It is located across from a side entrance to the beautiful Luxembourg Gardens and is within a five or ten minute walk of the heart of the Latin Quarter and St. Germain. There is no lock out, but nothing is provided except the bed and a shower (you have to bring soap and a towel) You should get there at 8:45 in the morning to get a bed, because they do not take reservations, and you can stay there for five weeks, if you so choose.
    Hotel de Suez runs about 30 dollars a person.
    AAEP runs about 15 dollars a person plus key deposit.

More about Hotel de Suez

Hotel de Suez - Great location

Great Location
My wife and I stayed in this Hotel for four nights. As I read in other reviews, the staff were invariably friendly and helpful. Our room faced the courtyard which was more of a central well than anything worth calling a view. But our friends were staying in their daughter's flat, a few minutes walk away, and had interrupted sleep because of the noise. Our room was blessedly quiet. Not a whisper from the busy Boul. St. Michel. As we were intending to spend our time in and around Arrondissements 5 and 6 the location couldn't be better. For a city centre hotel the room and the bathroom were spacious, very clean, with maid service every day. The friendly waiters at breakfast set us up for a day's sightseeing. Great value. Within walking distance of Notre Dame, the Sorbonne, Musee D'Orsay, the Latin Quarter and several interesting churches. Warmly recommended.

Fantastic Find

I, my husband and 12 yo daughter stayed here for 4 nights in Sep 2005. We were lucky enough to get a large room on the 5th floor with a balcony overlooking the Blvd. I can understand how other reviewers have found this hotel noisy - but on the 5th floor, noise was not an issue. The room was lovely (see photos) with tv, desk, two double beds and an ensuite equipped with a full sized bath with shower, toilet and bidet. The room and foyer were clean and attractive - and the staff were delightful. The hotel is located in a very convenient area to access great food and all the sights of Paris. I highly recommend the Hotel de Suez!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member excited4europe

For our first time in Paris, my boyfriend and I chose to stay at Hotel de Suez. I was really nervous and did a lot of research and it really paid off. This hotel is not only cozy but the people are incredibly nice. They treate my boyfriend and I like their old friends.
The location...Well, you can't find a better location! It is right on the Latin Quarter, walking distance to the Seine River, Notre Dame, and an array of cafes and creperies. The boulevard can be noisy, but you can fix this by asking for a room away from St. Germain Blvd. Martine will be happy to accomadate you in any way she can!
This is a deal not to be missed, the hotel is clean and the people are warm. Like I said, they do put your needs first and they are focused on the comfort of your stay.

One more thing, breakfast is offered for about 4 Euro, and it is definately worth your while. They even deliver it to your room!

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member elzbiette

After reading the positive reviews we decided to stay at the Hotel de Suez and we were not disappointed! It is in a perfect location for anyone wanting to see the city. We walked most places and were conveniently located to the Metro in order to get to the train station (we took the Eurostar) and the Sacre Cour. The front desk people spoke English and were very helpful. The rooms were clean (and I'm picky!!!), comfortable and didn't smell like smoke.

Tips:
- There is a wifi connection, but you have to pay 2Euros for every 15 minutes to connect.
- You leave your key at the front door when you leave the hotel (I don't know if this is standard for Paris/Europe, but we had never encountered it)
- The lift is tiny!!! We barely fit two people in w/ no luggage. We just used the stairs most of the time, but if you have lots of luggage or can't walk up stairs, it might be difficult (but not impossible!).
- There are lots of restaurants, cafes and fun stores in the area, plus lots of people out and about at all hours, I felt very safe and comfortable the whole time.
- We had three adults and more than fit into the three person room. After hearing about the tiny Parisian hotel rooms, we thought this had plenty of space!!
- If you don't like the French pillow they had regular pillows in the closet, plus extra blankets and bedding.
- Don't be thrown off by the fact that you have to email about a reservation, they got back to us within 24 hours and were very responsive to our subsequent questions.
- We were located on the front of the hotel, which is on the St. Michel. There are people out at all hours, but if you live in a city you won't be too bothered as the noise is not excessive. If you require complete silence, however, ask for a room in the back.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Deanna Figiel

My husabnd and I stayed at the Hotel de Suez for 4 nights this past March. We were extremely satisfied with everything the hotel offered. This is not the Ritz, but believe me, for as little time as you spend in your hotel room while in Paris...this place a great and economical choice. Our room was 410 - large, with plenty of room to unpack and hang our clothing in a large closet. The bathroom was larger than ours at home with lovely pink and purple tile. My husband and I both completely agree that the shower was the best we've ever had in Europe and we've visited many, many places. The close proximity to 2-3 Metro stops is perfect and even better to pick up the RER at Luxemburg Metro stop for trips to Charles de Gaulle Airport. Pretty much a direct trip, with few stops, depending on which train you choose. This hotel so close to so many things -- the Latin Quarter, St. Germain de Pres and Luxemburg Gardens. (Go jogging at Luxemburg Gardens in the morning...it's a great way to see Paris!)

by SmilesFromCanada

We are renting an apartment for the two weeks that we are in Paris, however on the day that we arrive we need to spend this one night elsewhere. There seems to be a lot still available for the 26th of December but I'm needing to narrow it down and make a choice. Any comments on

Hotel de Suez
Address: 31 Boulevard Saint-Michel PARIS 5th??

It is within a short distance of our apartment which at the moment is its major appeal.

Thanks and smiles,