Hotel des Archives Paris

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

Willing to return!

I spent 3 nights there with my partner. Location was excellent, in the middle of Le Marais (our favourite area of Paris), walking distance many attractions, and close to a metro stop. The hotel is brand new. The room was very small (as usual in Paris hotels indeed), but nicely decorated, with flat screen TV, clean and comfortable. Good insulated windows, so even our room was in the second floor facing the street, we could sleep comfortably. The only objection can be the lack of heating in the bathroom. The staff was really nice and attentive. We did not take breakfast there so we can't say (there were so many nice small places to eat in the surroundings that we preferred to explore). To make it short: we would like to return.

Directions: In the heart of Le Marais, Paris, between Centre Pompidou and
    Place de la Republique.
    Metro: Arts & Métiers, Temple.
    Bus: line 29.

More about Hotel des Archives Paris

Hotel Des Archives or Hotel Petit du Moulin? (MARAIS)

by UCSBBodybuild

Hi

I am traveling to Paris for a few days in late October, and I'm trying to decide between staying at the Hotel Des Archives or the Hotel Petit du Moulin in Marais (3e). These two hotels are so brand new that I cannot find many reviews of them. Petit du Moulin has been written up a lot in the style magazines because it was designed by Christian Lacroix. But I want to hear from real people who either stayed there or live in that area.

Hotel Des Archives just opened in June, so there are almost no reviews.

What matters most to me is location--I'd like to stay in the trendy part of Marais (e.g. Northern Marais in 3e). Do you think either of these is a good choice, or do you recommend something else?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hotel Des Archives: 87 rue des Archives 75003 Paris. http://www.hoteldesarchives.com/

Hotel du Petit Moulin: 29/31 rue du Poitou, Paris 75003.

RE: Hotel Des Archives or Hotel Petit du Moulin? (MARAIS)

by CALSF

A poster at Fodors.com posted a very small but favorable review yesterday about the Petit Moulin. It's posted in the Europe forum at Fodors.com. Have you checked for any comments at tripdadvisor.com? Real people/real comments are posted there.

RE: RE: Hotel Des Archives or Hotel Petit du Moulin? (MARAIS)

by CALSF

I read the Tripadvisor.com reviews. The Petit Moulin seems to have some unprofessional staff members. I would not like to pay a huge rate and receive incompetent service.

One hotel that I would like to stay at if I had the money is the Pavillon de La Reine in the 3rd, next to Place des Vosges. Now that hotel is excellent.

RE: RE: Hotel Des Archives or Hotel Petit du Moulin? (MARAIS)

by CALSF

BTW, apparently I never stayed at the Pavillon de La Reine, but I do know that it is located in one of the nicest locations in Paris.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM

At Hotel du Petit Moulin rather go fot the 300 E/night and more rooms, otherwise a bit too squimish!

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I stayed at Pavillion d ela Reine, it is very comfy and elegant, just that I had a bizarre feeling of...beingw atched, not having enough privacy, being more in a guests house than in a hotel...It depends on what appeals to you more. I would go for Hotel du Petit Moulin at any time!

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Hotel du Petit Moulin is a very design and professional small hotel with amazing and super helpfull and mega professional staff!!!!! If anyone has the financial possibility of staying at Hotel du Petit Moulin please do! I had some stylish and quiete 3 nights there that I shall always remember!

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
      Mar 16, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Yes certainly, for 250/280€ per night I would expect something stylish and quiet, whereas you can find a night at the hotel des Archives at 107€....Just wondering....

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM

well now I have to go at Hotel des Archives in 2 weeks time and I have some second thoughts...I am affraid it might be rather damp or even with bed bugs as I know most of the Marais suffers from this "malady"...at Hotel de Turenne 6 montsh ago I have been turned into fine lace by the bugs' bites!