18 rue de la Harpe, Quartier Latin, Paris, 75005, France

Booking.com Priceline.com

• Alemaker's Profile Photo

Cool Hotel in Latin Quarter

Stayed for four nights at Hotel du Levant. A small hotel located on Rue de la Harpe, about 100 meters from the St. Michel Metro station. Our room was on the fourth floor, and had a window that opened up onto a courtyard.
    The elevator here is very small…So small it’s cool. No more than two people per trip. Never a problem though. Just have to be patient.
    The room itself was nice. A bit small, but fine by Paris standards. The bed was more comfortable than the typical European hotel bed. The room had a mini-bar (that we emptied for our own food and drink with no problem.) and a TV. The bathroom was big enough for the two of us to be in there at the same time as well as a shower that had good pressure.
    Our room was cleaned every day. Even when we overslept one morning, and didn’t get out of the room until 2:00pm.
    The hotel provides a good buffet breakfast. The typical fare…coffee, juice, cereal, meats and cheese.
    Hotel staff was always very helpful…day or night. I never knew that Palace of Versailles was closed on Tuesdays. Good thing the hotel staff was aware of this.
    Also, my travel companion smokes. You would not think this would be a problem in Paris, given all the cigarette smoking you see around the city. But finding a hotel that allows smoking is very difficult. Hotel du Levant has a few rooms set aside for the smokers.
    During our four nights at Hotel du Levant, we met single travelers and families; visitors from around the world as well as other parts of France. This hotel appeals to a broad cross section of travelers. Highly recommended!

Unique Quality: It’s all about the location…
    Located in the Latin Quarter, Hotel du Levant makes a great home base for exploring the City of Paris. Just walk the 100 meters to the Seine, turn left and you’re heading towards Invalides and the Eiffel Tower, turn right and you’re close to Jardin des Plantes, or go straight and you’re a short walk to either Notre Dame or the Louvre. Centrally located…I’d say yes.
    The street that the hotel is on, Rue de la Harpe, has many restaurants serving a variety of different food. Restaurants are also a bit less expensive here in the Latin Quarter…never a bad thing.

Directions: In the Latin Quarter, about 100 meters from the Metro (St. Michel) and the Seine. Rue de la Harpe is an old cobblestone street with lots of good, reasonably priced restaurants. Excellent location!

• Hotel Du Levant

$106 EUR per night

Unique Quality: The hotel is modern hotel; room was large with a double bed, a private bath, included breakfast and was very quiet. Room #16, which I stay in for six nights, is on the second floor and I try to stay in the same room on my next visit to Paris. The hotel is locate in the Latin Quarter and is a block away from St Michel train stop. So it makes it easy to get Charles De Gualle airport. The hotel is located in the area where you will find many places to eat within a minute walking from it.

More about Hotel du Levant

Paris with kids

by AnaLuiza

I would like to thank everyone for all the tips you gave me of what to do with kids in Paris. We had a great time there.
Specifically I would like to reinforce the following activities which my 3 year old daughter really enjoyed:

1) La cité des enfants - they have a special place for kids that age
2) La gallerie de l'évolution - she enjoyed seeing the big animals
3) Jardin de luxembourg - she loved the playground, very different from those in Brazil
4) Cirque diana moreno - she enjoyed a lot the show, specially the first part with the 10 tigers

She also enjoyed going on the carrousel near the Notre dame and seeing the Louvre pyramid.

I really recommend the hotel we stayed: Hotel du Levant http://www.hoteldulevant.com/ (near St Michel and St Germain). Really nice quarter, close to many restaurants which helped find food quickly for our kids!
Thanks everybody!!!

Booking a Hotel

by DeeSC

I will be in Paris in early June with my 2 children. I have not been able to book a budget hotel online because all the booking software only allows bookings for 2 people. Or they ask you to book before seeing the final rates...or they ask for alternative hotels, etc. Not very user friendly. Many times the rates are per person instead of per room, which ends up being a lot more expensive.

I wanted to stay in the Latin Quarter, but maybe this isn't possible. I wanted my children to be in an area where it was possible to walk around at night. Does someone have any suggestions for hotels or areas?
I don't want to be out in the suburbs or the edge of town.

Also, I have tried to contact hotels directly via email when it was possible and asked for a lit supplementaire or a cot as other VT travelers have suggested. I haven't had much success in getting a response.

by GUYON

Try hotel St Andre des Arts 66 rue St Andre des Arts (6e arrt) , in St Germain des Pres, very close to Quartier Latin. It is cheap and has triple room (queen bed + single bed).

by pourlu

You might try this web page:

I've stayed in Gail's apartments several times. I highly recommend!

Lucinda

by pedalpusher

The Hotel Familia is in the Latin Quarter and I believe has various room options as far as bedding. Here is their web page....it is in french, so if you need english you can copy the address into a google search and select the translate option.

Re: Re: Booking a Hotel

by Hamster_Huey

You and your children can walk around at night in Quartier Latin or any other neighborhood for that matter. paris is quite safe. A lot safer than any US city the same size anyway, so safety shouldn't be that much of an issue when selecting a hotel.

Avoid maybe railroad stations, although the issue is more about avoiding noise and sometimes a bit aggressive begging by homeless people. Nothing life or safety threatening though.

Have a nice stay!

by CALSF

Try Hotel de France Invalides which is in the residential 7th district. It's got very inexpensive triple rooms and it's well-regarded. You can book via www.parishotels.com which is not a booking agency. The inquiries go directly to the hotel who you deal with.

Or try Hotel du Levant in the Latin Qtr. but on a very busy street. Someone else suggests Hotel Familia which is another good, inexpensive Latin Qtr. choice.

Another two hotels located in the Latin Qtr. are Hotel Residence Monge and Hotel St. Christophe.

Comments