19 Place du Pantheon, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75005, France

Hotel les Dames du Pantheon
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• CALSF's Profile Photo

Staying Across from the Pantheon

This is a nice 3* that I have been told by friends that is one of Paris's most atmospheric hotels. They advise me that I should stay here someday. I had a chance to ask the receptionist for a brochure and have a look in the lobby on one of my walks.

Location-wise the hotel is directly across from the Pantheon hence its name. So it's in the heart of the Quartier Latin, just a few short blocks from Blvd. St. Michel, rue St. Jacques, and the Seine.

Unique Quality: The hotel is decorated with lots of toile and deep, rich tones. The standard rooms are pretty small so if one can afford it it's best to reserve a room with Pantheon view. I found the lobby to be very nicely furnished but a tad dark. It could have been due to the dark wooden furniture, but it is a very attractive lobby.

Directions: Directly across from the Pantheon

More about Hotel du Pantheon

Wonderful honeymoon at the Hotel du Pantheon!

My husband & I enjoyed a wonderful honeymoon in Paris, and our lovely accommodations at the Hotel du Pantheon added to our enjoyment. The staff - from front desk to cleaning staff to night watchman - is courteous, helpful and capable. This is a small, charming property. The rooms are immaculately clean & tastefully decorated. Although the rooms are by no means spacious, who goes to Paris to sit in a hotel room? The hotel is well-situated on a quiet street in the 5th arr., immediately facing the Pantheon (so it's always easy to find your way back to the hotel). There is a hearty breakfast buffet available for 10 euros: coffee, a basket of assorted breads & croissants, fruit, yogurt, cereal. Check the web site for Internet bargains, which are markedly less than the rack rate.

Unpleasant ordeal at Hotel du Pantheon

I recently stayed at the Hotel du Pantheon in July 2004 & whilst the location is good & the rooms are clean, the service is terrible. During my stay, I made the mistake of placing my cosmetics/toiletries bag in a plastic bag under the bathroom vanity & the cleaning staff threw the entire contents out in the rubbish as they serviced my room. The bag was nowhere near the bathroom rubbish bin & was full of expensive cosmetics/moisturisers, obviously not rubbish. As the bag contained over $300 worth of products (Sisley, Estee Lauder etc), I was extremely upset but hotel management stated that whilst they were sorry I was upset, I shouldn't have left anything on the floor, it was apparently my fault. There was no offer to replace any items, no attempt to make amends other than offering me a 24euro 1/2 bottle of champagne from my own mini-bar on the house. The distress & inconvenience of losing over $300 of cosmetics/skin care products that I had to try & find to replace whilst overseas was significant.

Later, I realised that the cleaning staff had also thrown out an open plastic bag containing clothes which I had bought in Italy & couldn't replace. Again, no offer to try & fix the situation. It was very distressing & very expensive as a loss. I requested that staff not service my room for the rest of my stay but unfortunately there seemed to be communication problems in that the cleaning staff never received this request & I returned each day to find my room serviced, wondering what other items had been thrown out.

As this was during the Paris sales, I had several plastic bags full of clothes & other items carefully bought during my trip & simply had to pack my case every day so that none of these plastic bags were thrown out which the hotel manager
explained to me was perfectly understandable---any plastic bag on the floor or unmade bed would be potentially picked up as rubbish, despite the obvious hotel rubbish bins in my room & bathroom. This customer service is unacceptable & cleaning staff should only remove items in the designated rubbish bins for discard, & hotel management should employ cleaners who don't throw out clothes & expensive cosmetics that are nowhere near the rubbish bins. Hotel management should deal more appropriately with patrons, show some sympathy & offer to compensate patrons for their losses, a basic hospitality requirement. It should also be noted that if these items were not accidently thrown out in the rubbish, there could be security issues at the Hotel du Pantheon.

I visit Paris on an annual basis & will definitely be choosing another hotel, preferably one aware of the basics of hospitality & security, for my future visits. I would advise people not to choose this hotel after my experience there. There are several charming hotels in the same area that are well worth visiting & any hotel that throws out possessions, doesn't offer compensation or possibly has security issues should be avoided.

Good stay at the Hotel Pantheon

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel du Pantheon two nights, Sept 2004. Our "superior" room on the second floor had a great view on the Pantheon, but was a little noisy when the windows were open. The bathroom designer must have missed his ergonomic classes, because the WC was in a tiny closet, causing us to bump our head on the door and the glass shower partition was edgy and sharp, requiring careful motions when showering.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel location is close to the Latin Quarter and there is a metro station nearby, with direct access to the high speed RER line to Gare du Nord and Roissy airport. Overall, a good stay.

Pantheon-- charming, comfortable

I stayed three nights at the Hotel du Pantheon in late July, 2004. The staff were helpful and friendly, the room was comfortable (nicely appointed with excellent A/C), and the breakfast buffet (10 Euros) was quite tasty.

My key disappointment was that I had booked a superior room (on their web-site at a discount rate of 111 Euros) and was given a room on the first floor with one smallish window-- hardly superior!

I also found the location by the Pantheon, while pretty to view, just a bit far from the key places of Paris. That is somewhat minor, as walking the rues was a treat in itself and good exercise, but something to consider.

I would stay there again, but would also consider other places.

lovely quiet boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member giftgrrl

Spent 9 nights at the Hotel du Pantheon in late July. We loved everything about this hotel. Our room was charming, very comfortable bed. View of the Pantheon. We were on the 2nd floor, and had no experiences of street noise. There is not much through traffic at night, quiet. The air conditioning worked very well thank goodness, the weather was hot. The bathroom was spacious, great water pressure in the shower.

We did the hotel breakfast once, it is standard european buffet. We preferred the creperie one block away.

I would highly recommend this hotel. We booked through the hotel website and got a rate just over 100 euros. Fantastic quality for this price. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Paris.

Perfect Hotel, Perfect Location, Perfect Price!

by TripAdvisor Member MCG75

Hotel du Pantheon is perfect for the first time visitor to Paris. We stayed there 8/20/2004 to 8/23/2004 and enjoyed every minute. The hotel is very clean and quaint. We dealt with three separate concierge while there and each was very friendly and willing to answer all of our questions, and spoke fluent English. They made calls for taxis and recommended restaurants, bars, and clubs. There is a great little English style pub just on the other side of the Pantheon. The rooms at the hotel are somewhat small and drab in decor, but were well maintained and clean. The nights are very quiet with practically no traffic outside. We did not have the breakfast at the hotel and instead chose to eat at one of the several cafes that are just around the corner. 10 Euro will get you a much better meal at one of the cafes. The hotel is located within walking distance to Notre Dame, the Louve, Musee d'Orsay and the many tourist filled streets of the Latin Quarter. The hotel is also only three short walking blocks from the RER B line which makes accessability from CDG airport very easy. Would stay at this hotel again in a second upon our next trip to Paris!

Terrible staff & a dangerous lift

On our last night staying at this hotel, the lift broke, trapping myself and my husband inside for almost an hour. The lift holds a maximum of 3 people and is very claustrophobic. The lift had got stuck between floors and had to be winched manually until we could squeeze out. The Manager on duty was extremely rude and accused us of breaking it by pressing all the buttons at once. He neither apologised nor appeared concerned at our plight. He also refused to call the Manager of the hotel when we requested to speak to him. The lift was out of action the following day and we had to carry our own cases down the many flights of stairs. The bad attitude of the staff spoils this otherwise reasonable hotel.

A gem

by TripAdvisor Member stoker3000

Had a great 4 days stay at the Hotel Pantheon during the last weekend of the Tour de France in July 2004. This hotel was a bargain compared to the many I looked at. Good value - charming, room, nice big bathroom with good plumbing. The air conditioning was welcome in July. Great location for just wandering around neighborhoods and finding small shops, bars and places to eat, and the metro is just a short walk for longer excursions. We agreed with another reviewer who said it was easy to find - the Pantheon being a distinctive landmark just outside the front door. It will be my Paris hotel from now on.

Nice!

Checked in with a mis-understanding about whether our 12 year old was part of the reservation (she wasn't). Pantheon bent over backwards to put us up for the night and then shifted us to the hotel next door (Grandes Hommes -- also a fine hotel). Both were very gracious and they gave us the same rate we originally bargained for.
The one room we used the first night at Pantheon was very small but elegantly appointed and had a HUGE bathroom. Location is gorgeous! You're right on the Pantheon Square, within yards of the front door. Notre Dame is a short cab ride away. Numerous little cafes and eateries in nearby streets. We'd go back to du Pantheon in a snap.

by gojojo123

Can anyone share thier thoughts on this hotel and its location (Latin Quarter)? Thanks so much.....

RE: Hotel du Pantheon

by zuriga

You can check reviews on www.traveladvisor.com.

RE: Hotel du Pantheon

by CALSF

It's in a very nice location. The walk to the Seine is about fifteen minutes and the Jardin du Luxembourg is five minutes away. There is a beautiful church across from the Pantheon called St. Etienne du Mont where the relics of St. Genevieve, Paris's patron saint. is entombed as are Racine and Pascal. The Rue Mouffetard is past the church for another 15 minutes' walk.

RE: RE: Hotel du Pantheon

by gojojo123

Thank you for your opinions and suggestions. It has been very helpful.

Comments