Paris Trocadero - 85 rue de la Pompe, 16th Arr., Paris, 75016, France

Pompidou Centre at nightPompidou Centre at night

Oct 2009Oct 2009

Any body ever stay at Lenox Montparnasse or Hotel residence foch

by eliza61

First thanks every one for the advice on the Booking.com question. I found 2 hotels that look really interesting and got a good reviews on travelocity.
Has any ever stayed at Lenox Montparnasse or Hotel residence foch? Easy access to transportation and or major torist attractions?
Good choices or Run as fast as you can?

Thanks again.

by eliza61

edited to add, I got a pretty good price (at least I think I did) for each.

Residence Foch came in a $1400 for 6 days
Lenox Montparnasse came in a $1039 for 6 days.

by nomad7890

I just stayed at the Best Western St Germain Left Bank and had a good experience - very well situated. Did not have their breakfast because I had to leave early, but the room was nice, a little small, but it had a nice 'French' feel. I walked everywhere - Louvre, Notre Dame, Angelina's, and places I'd never seen before that were quite interesting at night.

by nomad7890

oh, I paid either 120 or 130 Euro per night. I am usually a Westin type - but I'm trying to start trusting smaller local hotels.

by qaminari

I think I would prefer the Montparnasse location, myself, but Tripadvisor is good for reviews:
www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d234633-Reviews-Hotel_Residence_Foch-Paris_Ile_de_France.html
www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d235575-Reviews-Lenox_Montparnasse-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

by davequ

Good advice as always Pedmar.

eliza61 - Don't know when you're going, but for what it's worth, I used to stay and I still often hang out on the street (rue Delmabre) that Hotel Lenox is on, and I often used to stop by their little bar for a drink every once in a while. I like the Lenox.

Lenox is a good hotel, your price (~$171/night - 115 Eu / night) appears to be price competitive with my hotel (Delambre). I really love the area of Montparnasse, lots of good food, walks and history. Easily accessed from Metros (Montparnasse Bienvenue, Edgar Quinet, and Vavin) so you can get anywhere in Paris quickly.

The recent tripadvisor reviews of Lenox look good, so if it were me, I'd go for the Lenox.

That street and area of Montparnasse are one of my faves, so if you have any specific questions, feel free to send me an email or better still, maybe post them here, as Pedmar is definitely a resident expert on the area as well and along with others here at vt will give you excellent advice.

If you do end up staying there, please post your opinion / experience when you get back, as I'm always curious about how the Montparnasse hotels are taking care of people.

Don't forget (like Pedmar advised) to try some crepes on the next street over from rue Delambre, rue Montparnasse, (the little street, not the Blvd - creperie de Jocelyn is my favorite).

Have a great trip. Bon Chance.

Travel Tips for Paris

I've been to Paris 2 times in...

by pinkpuffclou

I've been to Paris 2 times in my life.
The first trip to Paris was pretty educational (museums , churches, monuments etc.) as I went there with my mother . The second trip was a frenzy of shop till you drop and party all night long! My Paris top five :
1.breakfast at Cafe Bastille.
2.Nightlife around Place de la Bastille.
3.Shopping on Rue de Rivoli at sale season !
4.Window shopping on Rue du Fabourg St Honore.
5.14th of July in paris.

Visit Luxemborg Gardens

by Imbi

One of the best parks in Paris. When you are sick and tired of the noisy atmosphere of Paris this is the place to go. The park has hundreds of metal chairs, just sit down relax; enjoy the sun if sun is shinning.

Music to Transport You to Paris!

by BeatChick

Just wanted to share with you some of the things that la Beatchick is listening to now, the music that transports her to Paris and keeps her momentarily sated until she can get back to the fair City of Light!

When I bought my plane ticket for the 2006 trip to Paris I was going nuts, so I bought myself some CDs. They were a huge salve; perhaps they will be for you, too!

Amélie soundtrack - music by Yann Tiersen
Not only will this transport you to Paris but will also place you inside the movie.

Before Sunset and Before Sunrise - Music from the Motion Pictures
Not only are the beautiful, haunting songs of "Céline" (Julie Delpy) here but also music that evokes the places: Paris & Vienna. You'll hear an eclectic mix of classical, rock, jazz & folk.

Julie Delpy
Naturellement, once you've gotten a taste of mademoiselle Delpy's singing on the above soundtrack you'll want to hear more!

French Kiss - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Who could forget the great soundtrack to this great, feel-fuzzy, sweet-as-a-macaron movie? Old great French classics mixed with blues (Louis Armstrong) and even Kevin Kline singing La Mer!

Nina Simone - At the Village Gate
I've wanted to get Nina's music since I saw Point of No Return (Luc Besson's American version of his Nikita) and of course that desire was sharpened when I saw Before Sunset. Sigh - at long last! And then there are the 3 great CDs that my lovely friend Jim from Seattle gave to me for Valentine's Day:
Paris Combo - Living-Room
Malcolm McLaren's Paris
Who could forget the cool, jazzy melodies about Miles Davis (I wore black, you were black) or his anthem to Paris (Jazz is Paris & Paris is Jazz!). Hard to believe he used to manage the SexPistols! He makes a few references to Paris fashion, an obvious nod to his connection with Vivienne Westwood who he used to co-own the Sex shop with in London.
And this great combination Paris CD from Starbuck's that is just too faboo (but I've forgotten the name of it for the moment - oops)!

Romantic Walks

by mrclay2000

Paris has the most intimate relations with its river than any other comparable city in Europe. Not only do lovers walk the streets along the Seine, but in season when the water does not rise as high, couples can descend many a staircase to the cobblestone walks at the riverside. For those who prefer the setting without the exertion, tour boats ply the Seine on a daily basis, usually starting from the Square du Vert Galant.

Train Ride Through Montmartre Streets

by Mikebb

We like walking through streets as you can stop and linger at various spots which grab your attention. We saw this train going through the streets and thought what a good idea for those who do not have time to walk the streets or others no longer up to long walks.

For families with kids it is a great reward for being good. We did not take the ride but it was very populsr.

Comments