Hotel parc saint severin

22 rue de la Parcheminerie, 5th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75005, France
Hotel Parc St. Severin
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Hotel parc saint severin

An oasis of calm

by TripAdvisor Member Sawasdee12

Five minutes over the minor bridge in front of Notre Dame, but on a pretty untrafficked quiet side street close to hundreds of restaurants and small shops and convenient to the whole latin quarter, a stones throw from the Seine and Shakespeare and Co book shop, metro stops and the Batobus stop an easy 2 min walk, many rooms overlook the St Severin church and have opening windows,flower boxes, comfortable rooms/beds with modern bathrooms, very clean and although not huge certainly not inconvenient for two people, a very pleasant surprise, more functional than wildly romantic but obviously a well managed property in a group of similar sized hotels throughout France, area around is fun to walk around in the day and at night, in all a safe bet and recommended, ps: elevator is approx 4 feet wide by 3 foot deep so dont bring cabin trunks, travel lite for a change and RELAX ! Pharmacies close when your stomach loses the battle !

Quaint in the best way

by TripAdvisor Member Recent_TravelerCinci

My husband chose this hotel while in Paris on a solo trip after stumbling upon it while touring the Latin Quarter. It had everything we wanted in a hotel for a low price. Our room was small but had ample storage for luggage, clothes, etc. The bathroom and the room were clean and the room had a lovely view of the side street that the hotel is tucked away on. The location was ideal -- in the heart of the Latin Quarter on a side street. If you are looking for a hotel that has a charming French feel and is in a great location, this hotel is perfect.

Quiet, Bookish Nights

My wife and I came across this hotel while touring the Latin Quartier. We immediately fell in love with its charm, quiet location, and proximity to the best places in Paris, including a little Canadian bookshop across the street and Shakespeare & Co., just around the corner.
In fact, we moved from an other hotel, which we greatly disliked (a Best Western near the Opera). The staff is incredibily friendly and helpful; there is shuttle service ($24 Euro) to the airport; and nice little breakfasts.
The rooms are tidy, well-lit and spacious compared to other similiar 3 star hotels.
I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

loved the parc

This is a beautiful little hotel in the midst of the popular Latin Quatier. It was close to most of the main attractions and within walking distance to the RER and the metro. Paris in my opinion is the most beautiful city in all of Europe with friendly people. (I experienced no rudeness from any of the locals - as some reviews would report) The staff at this hotel were the most friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are a bit small, but then again through most of Europe we have found this to be the case. The lift is minute and could probably only hold about 1 person with two suitcases at a time. Our time spent in Paris was too short and I will definitely be returning and when I do will not hesitate to use the Parc St Severin. I have such pleasant memories from my stay here.

Excellent small hotel in the Latin Quarter

I stayed here with my husband just after Christmas and then again this month and would certainly return again. It's in an ideal location - very quiet indeed and the rooms are comfortable, well-appointed and not too small. Breakfast is excellent for 11 euros - no doubt you can get cheaper in one of the cafes nearby but for convenience and quality we thought it well-worth it. The staff were very friendly and helpful too. We booked through Expedia for an Eurostar package and though not cheap it was excellent value for money. Close to the metro (2 lines which take you to many of the key sights) and within walking distance of a couple of good restaurants - including the one directly opposite, though avoid anything in the rue Harpe round the corner.

Excellent hotel

My wife and I stayed for one night in this hotel. It is a great location for a short break, in the midst of the Latin Quarter. The hotel is comfortable and the staff friendly. The only disappointment of the stay is that unfortunately we used the hotel phone and followed the instructions to make a call to Ireland. A call of about five minutes cost us 42 euro when we got our credit card bill. Be warned, do not use the hotel phone.

Good hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member MandyMar

I stayed at the Parc with a friend from Feb 25-Mar 3 and we throughly enjoyed our stay. Its off on a quiet street with cute little stores and restaurants around. The staff were super friendly and very helpful. The bathroom looked updated and was always cleaned, the room was comfortable and a little small but that didnt really matter since we were hardly ever there. We never did try the breakfast because we were perfectly content with nutella crepes and the occasional ham and cheese crepes from down the street.Its like a 5 minute walk from the Notre Dame which was awesome, the Latin Quarter is just great. I would definitely stay at the Parc again

Tres Bon!

by TripAdvisor Member Gomac

We just returned from a 6-day stay at the Parc Saint-Severin. Everyone at reception were very helpful and spoke English. The hotel room was immaculate. We were quite surprised at the size, larger than others we have stayed in in Paris. Lots of windows made the room light and very inviting. And even though the hotel was full, we never heard anyone one else or any noise from the streets. You can't beat the location in the 5th. A block from The Musee du Moyen Age, a few from St-Michel Metro and the RER, and the bells from St Severin church were so vibrant. All the staff was wonderful, from the maids to the lady that cooked your omelet for breakfast. And you really can't beat the 11 euros for breakfast as you can indulge as often as you like. And the best part was Carolina, who helped me with my French every time we came through the door. The hotel was tres bon! We will stay there on our next trip.

A true gem! Great location. Great Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member RD - LA

Fabulous location, rooms and service. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. I also recommend the fondue restaurant next door.
Unbelievably quiet - considering the area.
A true gem.

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member sphinx159

This quaint, well-located, friendly, clean, well-run hotel is truly a gem. I almost don't want anyone else to know about it so that it'll be there for us every time we return to Paris. There was not a single negative thing I can think of to say about this place, it was perfect in every way. (Also, try the fondue at the restaurant just next to it, it's yummy.)

Latin Quarter in Paris August to September 2010

by guardiat

Hello. My mother and I will be staying at the Hotel Parc Saint Severin, very close to Notre Dame Cathedral. Does anybody here know it? Any tips or advice? I need info about getting there earlier than check-in time: Can we leave our luggage while we walk about in the area? Do they have safes? Should I bring my laptop?

Teresa in Toronto

Re: Latin Quarter in Paris August to September 2010

by GrumpyDiver

I quite agree with the comment on asking the hotel...

That being said, most hotels deal with early arrivals and will let you check in early if the room is available. If it is not ready. they will often let you leave your luggage - some will have a left luggage room, while others will let you store it near the front desk.

Bring a laptop??? Only if you are planning to use it....

Re: Latin Quarter in Paris August to September 2010

by leanneedwards

I would not bring your laptop unless you want to carry one more bag!! Near where you are staying there is a "MilK" internet service... you buy so many minutes there is a code at the bottom of your receipt and you can go as many times as you want until you need to buy a new ticket... It is across the street from the Cluny La sorbonne metro at the entrance to the maze of streets in the Latin Quarter... there are several others scattered around Paris as well but this is the closest to you! The key board is a little different so your spelling will be interesting -- on the bottom right of the screen you can change the language to English which helps...Fabulous area to be in!! I will be staying near Luxembourg gardens for a month the mid June to Mid july!!
Is this your first time??? Helps to give suggestions!! Of course my all time favourtie take the Batobus.. you can google it..
Leanne From Grand Forks B.C. Your high school french will come in handy and the fact you read it on everything every day!! ha ha

Comments