Ibis Berthier Porte De Clichy

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• EmiLaz's Profile Photo

Paris - Stay at Berthier

We stayed at Ibis Berthier in January 2010.
    The hotel is not in the centre of Paris, but the transportation & access is easy (metro & bus). The area is quite but there are not many shops/restaurants/cafe around.

The hotel and the room were clean. In fact, our room had view at Eiffel. The stuff was helpful & kind. We were very satisfied because the price was very low for the offered quality. I have stayed twice at Ibis (Paris & London) and I can say that they have standard quality and you know what to expect.

• Not Bad

Stayed here in Feb 08 for 4nights.

Small modern style room with a small area behind flatscreen tv to cram luggage (6 hangers).
    Bathroom was ok, good power shower in bath with plenty hot water, weird radio\hairdryer gadget!
    Air conditioning worked when it felt like it!

Had dinner in the restaurant first night, bit over priced for what you got but ok.
    Bar lacked atmosphere.
    Didnt use pool as had weird opening hours and was always closed when we wanted to use it!
    Vending machines were all out of order so if you wanted 24hour snacks/drinks you had to go to reception and pay over the odds!
    All hotel staff very friendly and helpfull.

Lots of small bistro's in vicinity, excellent food for price, good sushi in japanese at bottom of hotel ramp!
    Brochant metro 5mins on line 13, Place de Clichy 20mins.
    Grocery shop 2mins from hotel.
    Only bad thing that spoilt the area was the amount of homeless sleeping rough in doorways and pavements.

Overall i would say good value for money but area let it down for us, would rather pay a bit more to be in better area with more things to do at night.

• no1birdlady's Profile Photo

Basic Paris Hotel

In 2006 we were on a Cosmos tour. After our plane landed, our first night in Paris was at this hotel. Rooms are small so there's not much room for the suitcases and to move around. But other than that, it was ok. It's far out of the part of downtown Paris where the tourist attractions are located so you have to take the subway to get downtown. There is a nice bakery and grocery and beautiful flower shop on Ave da Clichy which is within walking distance where you can get something to eat and shop. There is a garage here where we boarded our tour bus the next morning. They also provided an excellent breakfast. Since it was included on the tour, I don't know the prices.

• juniperjune's Profile Photo

Great accomidations at an affordable price

I loved this hotel. It was extremely clean, next to the Brochant metro, and the staff was very friendly. There is an American Piano Bar, which I recommend for a nice drink. They have an internet service on site, and they offered a free Continental breakfeast. I felt very safe in this hotel. I stayed in many Ibis hotels in Europe, and I was extremely satisfied. I will return to this hotel on my next trip to Paris.
    My room was very large, with a good sized bathroom (very large in comparison to other European cities).

Unique Quality: Free Breakfeast (large selection, very good food), American Piano Bar, Internet services.

• Roeffie's Profile Photo

Really improved!

When I lodged here it was still of the Frantour organisation and was just cheap. I discovered recently it became an Ibis hotel.

I saw it had a significant upgrade!

Directions: Nearest Underground Station Brochant

More about Ibis Berthier Porte De Clichy

Good Value for Money!

Just returned from a 5 night stay in the Ibis Berthier, together with my husband and a 5 yr old child. We were hesitant after reading some of the comments about this Hotel, however we found out that this is a very good hotel offering all the necessary facilities and services.

Rooms are quite small for 3 or 4 persons, but adequate, considering we only stayed in the rooms during the night. Food was good - breakfast sufficient and dinner (we took a half board package with a group) was good value for money.

Hotel is located a couple of metres away from the metro and within easy walking distance one can buy drinks and light snacks including fruit from small shops (that are far much cheaper than buying them from the Hotel).

Staff were always very helpful. Every member of staff has a different national flag against the name tag identifying what language is to be used to communicate. All we had to do is to look for members of staff having a British flag next to their names and we could communicate excellently!

In brief - a good standard hotel - very clean and good location. If we decide to travel again to Paris, we will not hesitate to stay again in the Ibis Berthier.

Yuck!

by TripAdvisor Member Picara

As an American, I was made to feel very uncomfortable. First of all, very few staff members speak English and those that do, speak very poorly. I speak a very little bit of French and had to try to make do with that as much as possible. None of the other 4 Americans I travelled with spoke any French and had an even harder time.

The rooms are ok (not great but typical of inexpensive European hotels) - rooms on the Eiffel Tower side have a nice view, especially at night.

I had requested laundry service for a sweater that I had stained on the first day of a 5 day stay and had trouble locating the sweater. After 2 days, it was finally found and when I got my final bill I was charged twice for the cleaning, once on the day I should have gotten it back and another on the day I got it back. I had to speak with several people before they finally located the sweater although the person who found it indicated that the sweater was where it should have been all along.

Don't bother leaving messages for guests - they (sometimes) put the name of the guest for whom the message is left on a white board to the left and behind the reception and expect the guests to check the whiteboard. Voicemail in the rooms does not appear to work either since neither of the two messages I left were received by the guests. There was no notification to either of them that there even was a voicemail.

The breakfast is ok, again typical of an inexpensive European hotel. At least they have separate dining areas for regular guests and tour groups.

I never saw anyone working at the concierge desk but there were brochures there.

The lines at the reception/front desk were always very long - make sure to leave enough time at checkout!

It's definitely a good idea to go to the lowest level of the hotel to walk out through (and in through) the tour group/bus entrance and parking area instead of hiking up and down the driveway which is very steep, especially for women in heels.

The location gives you a nice flavor of the city if you'd like to see the real Paris instead of the most touristy places - I never felt uncomfortable on the streets after dark although we always went out in groups of at least 2. The Metro is close by and takes you everywhere. There are several bistros nearby also that were very good.

I would only return to this hotel if I had to do business at the same office which was very nearby. I would not recommend it to any tourists, especially Americans.

Good hotel for budget travellers

by TripAdvisor Member HYD_Bob

I and my wife stayed in this hotel for four nights in Oct 2003 during our ten night trip through France, whcih we stared with the four nights in Paris. We had reserved this hotel through United Vacations as part of airfare + hotel package, and this was the cheapest option they offered.

Location: A bit out of the way. But I am very interested in public transport networks in general, so I enjoyed going everyhwre using the Metro and RER (Suburban trains). The location does take up some time for your daily "commute" into the city center, but it was not a big issue for us.

Arriving: Being my first trip to Europe, and not sure what to expect, we elected to buy shared minibus rides from CDG to the hotel. We were pleasantly were surprised to find ourselves the only two passengers in the minibus, and were dropped off at the hotel very quickly. Of course, this was offseason. Price was steep ($28 per person, if I remember correctly).

Staff: We are very undemanding travellers, so we rarely hav anything negative to say about hotel staff. The ones here were helpful, gave us a map and explained how to get to various destinations.

Room: Very small. I was expecting small, but I was aback at how small!! Redeeming feature was that we were high up overlooking the Eiffel Tower. Pretty sight at night. Small did not bother me much after an hour or so. Things were neatly arranged so that there was space for everything. We also travel very light, cabin bags only. The bathroom was adequate.

Breakfast: Fairly ok, as noted by others. Very crowded on some days when the huge tour groups were in. Looks like this hotel gets a lot of business through tour groups. No problem. There was always room available for two somewhere in the dining room. Some reviewer mentioned seperate dining rooms for tour groups and individuals, but I did not notice that.

Neighborhood: Very non-tourisy, working class. Felt very comfortable (safe), though not speaking any French, it was a bit difficult to shop, order food, etc.

Food: There are small grocery stores along the walk from the metro station (Brochant) to the hotel. Buy your fruits and bottled water from such stores. There is also a Chinese take-away place on the way from the Metro. You could eat on remises upstairs or take to hotel. We ate there a couple of nights, and it was quite good. The neighborhood also has some north African cuisine, but we did not try.

Getting around: We had the Paris Visete card, which we used extensively. Hardly any place in central paris is more than a short walk from the nearest Metro/RER train station.

It was a great start to our France trip. I expect to stay at this same place in any future visit to this fascinating city.

Would stay here again

I enjoyed staying at the hotel. The reception could become crowded at times and it didn't make sense to take two different elevators to get to your room from the group parking garage but overrall well worth the money. The staff was extremely helpful. The staff went out of their way to make sure my room was to my liking and even giving me directions to certain attractions throughout the city. A member of security even walked me to the subway to give me directions on how to get to the airport cheaply. I was able to understand their English very well and even picked up some French in our conversations.

Great American style hotel

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. It is close to bakeries and grocers. This our 2nd time to Paris, so it was not necessary to stay in the very centre of the city. It only takes 15 min by metro to get to the centre. We found the restaurants more reasonable in this area and still tasty. I really liked staying in a big hotel compared to the cramped european style. Nice to have room to turn around in the bathroom. The pool and workout area was nice but I was surprised it was a surcharge of 8 euro each time. I would stay there again..

Hotel with indoor parking

by RalfdK

Hello everybody,

In August im going to visit Paris by car.
I am looking for a nice hotel in the city with an indoor carpark.
It would be nice to find a mid-range hotel..

Thanks,

Ralf

Re: Hotel with indoor parking

by puerto_lover

Have you looked at the ACCOR web site ? I have used IBIS a few times and you probably know what they are like but some of their hotels have parking.
For example there is one at Porte de Clichy which is on the Metro called :
Hotel Ibis Paris Berthier Porte de Clichy
This has indoor parking but you can look through the ACCOR web site for ideas. i think this hotel and other IBIS has special deals in August.
Go to http://www.accorhotels.com and in the Search box at the top use : Paris parking and see a list ?

Re: Hotel with indoor parking

by Sarastro

There is plenty of monitored, underground parking all over Paris and certainly near almost any hotel. The drawback is cost.

Here is a list of most of what is available:

Comments