Ibis Menilmontant Pere Lachais

80, rue de la Folie Regnault, 11th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75011, France

Ibis Paris Pere Lachaise
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

Thin walls and a light smell of cigarette

I'm sticking to this chain hotel, because at least I know what I'm getting into... This 2-star hotel is less than a 5-minute walk from the metro station (Père Lachaise or Ménilmontant). You have to ring the door anytime you want to come inside, except when the receptionist sees you. The first receptionist we got was a very funny man. When asked if our room was a non-smoking one, he said something like this: "we can't police every client and make him stop from smoking in the room". I said OK. Guess what? Our room smelled (or is it smelt?) of cigarettes. It wasn't that strong, but we opened the window to recycle the air in the room. I think some people smoked (or was smoking) inside the elevator and in the corridor. What a shame! Other than that and the thin walls (we could hear almost everything from outside and from the room beside us), I have nothing to complain about our room, Yes, the shower stall was a bit narrow, but I think it's pretty normal for European standards.
    One night we had the room service and honestly it was too expensive for what it was (we had goat cheese and tomato bruschetta for 8€90). There was nothing open in the neighborhood after midnight. By the way, the only problem is the neighborhood. There's not much open at night, other than a few mini-markets (which is usually when you want to eat something hot and have no access to a microwave).
    Breakfast buffet was 7€50. I think it's an okay price for Paris, but I had seen better in other Ibis hotels.

Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

Unique Quality: Close to public transportation.

Great spot if you plan to visit Père Lachaise Cemetery.

Directions: Nearest metro station is Ménilmontant or Père Lachaise.

• Ibis Hotel

During my trip to Bulgarian in March, I spend a day in Paris. I stayied at the Ibis Hotel in the airport. This hotel is very nice & clean. Rooms are of moderate size & good presentation. The room that I had a TV with few channels. All in french except for BBC World News which was in English.

The hotel has also an internet booth. Also phones with long distance. To use these phone you must a phone card. Prices range from 7.50 euro to 20 euro

• steventilly's Profile Photo

Ibis Hotels.
    There are loads...

Ibis Hotels.

There are loads of Ibis hotels in Paris. They're not flash or traditional, but they offer a good standard of room at a reasonable price. Choose a one at a location that best suits you. We last stayed at the Ibis Lafayette which is literally two minutes walk from gare de Nord.

This was as 'insurance' against having to walk, with luggage, all the way from our hotel to Gare de Nord on our day of departure. This happened to us on our previous visit to Paris when there was a transport strike on the day we left!!
    500 francs for one double room per night. Breakfast 39 francs each.

Unique Quality: Good standard of room, much the same in all Ibis hotels, so if you've stayed at one, you know what you're going to get.

24 hour bar and snack service.

24 hour manned check-in.

Express check-out facility.

Breakfast for early birds from 4am.

Buffet breakfast (approx 40 francs) includes tea/coffee/hot chocolate, croissants, pain au chocolate, danish pastries, brioche, bread, cheese, ham, jam, yogurt and stewed apple. Eat as much as you can. Sorry, I mean 'as you like'.

Directions: All over Paris. Lafayette is on the Rue Lafayette, 2 minutes from the Gare de Nord.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Hotel Ibis

Unique Quality: We stayed at the one right near Charles de Galle airport. Hotel Ibis is a very big, popular chain out there. Somewhat comparable to Holiday Inn, but nicer. But, then again, maybe it was because we had been staying at tiny B&Bs and hostels up to this point.

Comments