Ibis Paris Ornano

Ibis Paris Ornano Montmartre North 18th
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• Penelope4's Profile Photo

Great connection to tourist spots

From the airport, I went to Gare Du Nord and from there took Metro 4 to Porte de Clignancourt. The hotel is just a few steps away from the last station of Line 4. The receptionists were very kind, helpful and have warned me right away of pickpocketting in the area. I have been to the flea market there twice and I did not realize that there are many thieves. Having stayed in the area, now I know that I need to be very extra careful especially in the metro. Going back to the hotel, it is next to some restaurants, fruit shop and McDonalds so one won't starve if he/she forgets the time.

Breakfast in the hotel was fine. Fresh bread, nice coffee and a lot more. The selection was ample for my taste.

Unique Quality: The location of the hotel is very good in terms of public transportation.

Directions: End station of Metro Line 4

More about Paris

The Louvre, ParisThe Louvre, Paris

l'Hôtel de Ville et Basilique St Denis - Nov 2010l'Hôtel de Ville et Basilique St Denis - Nov 2010

Oscar Wilde's tombOscar Wilde's tomb

Embarkation/disembarkation pointEmbarkation/disembarkation point

Cabarets or dinner recommendations

by smicki

Hi guys

We had intended to go to the Moulin Rouge but its booked out for the dates we'll be in Paris. Can anybody recommend a similar venue with cabaret or dinner with some kind of entertainment. Failing that a restaurant recommendation in an area with good nightlife would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Smicki

by swissfondue

There are a number of cabaret style venues in Paris including Crazy Horse, Le Lido de Paris, Pe Paradis Latin and La Novelle Eve. There is also Folies Bergere but this may be closed.

I cannot personally recommend any of these but can say that if they are similar to the Moulin Rouge be prepared to part with a lot of Euros.

by wise23girl

And if they tell you to wear a coat(men in particular) be prepared to hand it in and pay at the Cloak Room...If the others are like Moulin rouge it will be very crowded ...even when sitting at the table and there is no room for a coat you may want to take off.

Also again if they are like Moulin Rouge go the toilet early and buy souvenirs early as it is a mad rush later on.

by tvious

It really costs lots of euros for a show ... are there any other recommendation for a cheaper ones be it a cabaret or a striptease show ? Tks.

by Snaell

Ahh, it can be so frustrating when the tickets are sold out! It happened to me few months ago. I've wanted to see the cabaret for so long! I arranged a trip to Paris for me and my partner and not until the arrival did we find out the tickets were sold out! I admit we should have checked about the tickets before the trip, but it was so sudden. Anyway, we were so lucky!
We managed to get tickets though a local ticket agency called divento. They sold us the tickets for the same price!!
You have probably already heard how expensive the food at Moulin Rouge (and definitely not that good), so divento kindly booked us a dinner at nearby restaurant that had really great food and at reasonable price! We even got a free drink there!
You should definitely look for your tickets there - it is such a great show to see. We were truly impressed! Good luck!

Travel Tips for Paris

Bring Cab Money

by painterdave

Look at the photo below. Paris is a BIG city. You probably aren't going to stay more than a few days, therefore, I suggest that you bite the bullet and use a taxi once in awhile to get you across town. This will save you some time, plus you will be able to see parts of Paris that you wouldn't see if you were traveling underground.
We have used the metro, which is great, but once in awhile we wanted to get somewhere fast, so we took a taxi. Here are some tips:
Always ask the driver for an approximation of the cost.
Look to see whether his meter is covered and is starting with a low fee.
Show the driver on your map where you want to go (we had a driver who purposely wandered and we learned this lesson!)
If the driver goes the wrong way or wanders around too much driving up the price of your trip, ask him to stop and get another taxi. (this has only happened to us only once.)
Make sure you are getting in an official taxi. Get up high and enjoy the view.
The food with live music.
Walking....

Beauvais Airport

by Diana75

Beauvais-Tille Airport is small airport, 90km from Paris, used for low-cost flights.

The airport looks like a huge barn, no special conditions, but at least there is a bar where you can have a drink while waiting for your flight.

I didn't find it very comfortable, due also to the considerable distance to Paris, but, as I decided that I'd better spend more in Paris than on the flight ticket, I had to get used to the idea.

Anyway, the most important thing is not to miss the shuttle bus...

A huge complex on the edge of the city

by Imbi

Situated at the Parc de la Villette, this amazing architectural achievement of pharaonic proportions offers an all-round perspective on science, technology and industry. It is organised into different sections: Explora, with its choice of small thematic islands and interactive discoveries to make; the children's area, for ages 3-12; the planetarium, with a range of animation and shows; the cinaxe, a simulation room that enables you to follow every movement projected onto the screen; all that and many more surprises. Another major element is the Géode, the famous, mirrored globe that reflects its surroundings and houses a hemispherical projection room.
Adress-: 30, Avenue Corentin Cariou 75019 Paris

A perfect picture

by happyboy48

Walking Along the Seine on the left bank we saw these 2 French Law and order types on horseback.With the shining streets and the Parisian buildings in the background it almost looked turn of the century(except for the cars)

Not for Back Packers

by mikerutherford

Gosh there are porters and luggage carts bring a nice suitcase and put the heavy stuff in there. Only carry a small carry on with essentials and complain about all those people stuffing the overheads with their life possessions. Paris is an elegant city. If you are over the age of 30, I suggest you acknowledge this and dress as elegant as you can. You will not be out of place; especially if you are a woman.

I won't go as far as saying men should where a tie, but if you go to le Moulin rouge for a show ( and you should) you will feel good wearing a jacket or a suit with a nice shirt.

Walking is a must so take good shoes, but not runners please. Spring weather calls for a light coat, the obligatory scarf, tied just so and maybe a sweater or two.

You can never go wrong with a jacket so I would always wear a jacket in the evening. If you end up in a more casual place just sling it over your shoulder. Alors..men start dressing again. You partner will be a lot happier!! You can buy anything you need there. And since you will, leave the colognes etc at home and get them duty free or at a boutique in Paris. The smallest digital you can get that doesn't ruin the cut of your jacket. I made the mistake of buying a travel guide and those little books weigh a fair bit. I discovered most things can be downloaded from the web and then tossed, once consumed.

Comments