Ibis Paris Porte De Montreuil

2, Avenue du Professeur Andre Lemierre, 20th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75020, France
Booking.com Orbitz.com ibis

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 39% less but rated 33% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Jardin de l'Intendant, ParisJardin de l'Intendant, Paris

Hôtel de Cluny entrance - Nov 2010Hôtel de Cluny entrance - Nov 2010

Fontaine Médicis - Jardins du Luxembourg.Fontaine Médicis - Jardins du Luxembourg.

EiffelEiffel

easter holidays in Paris

by rashi.agarwal14

Hi,

I was thinking of travelling to paris for a 4 day long weekend for easter .Will it be a good idea .Will anything be open for visit and shopping etc ..

Also may be a day trip in outskirts of paris .Will anything there be open like versailles or bordeaux etc et c

by cubsur

Bordeaux is several hundred km from Paris, 3 hours each way by train! Hardly a day trip.

I don't know the Easter opening hours at Versailles Palace but it is easy to get using the suburban train from the centre of Paris.

You may find that shops are closed on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Few shops open on Sunday in any event.

by Beausoleil

The Versailles web site indicates it is closed Monday April 25. That means it should be opon Easter Sunday. Many museums are closed on Mondays so this is not unusual. If you want to know about Easter Sunday specifically, e-mail them from the web site and ask.

Churches will certainly be open Easter Sunday. It would be a good chance for excellent music and art for free . . . or a donation if you like.

You may want to make a dinner reservation on Easter Sunday. Many places may be closed and some will have shortened hours. Just a suggestion. 8^)

I don't recommend Bordeaux. It's too far for a day trip. You would spend all your time traveling. In Paris, you will have parks, churches and probably some museums and stores. Check the Jewish quarter (the Marais / 4th arrondissement) and you will find plenty of open stores. Paris is a large city; there is always something open.

Enjoy your trip.

by rashi.agarwal14

Thanks all for the suggection ...

Travel Tips for Paris

Take the steps up

by jewei88

Travelling in Paris during early June seems good as the weather is cool and you can walk for miles not sweating except when I challenged myself to walk up the steps to the 'top' of Eiffel Tower. I miss the Louvre. They have so many beautiful paintings and relics which I have yet to study closely in details. You really really need a lot of time or maybe days to study them all! I love the slow, interesting and beautiful long walk from The Louvre to the Arc de Tromphe. Don't give excuse not to walk as you see many interesting palces and happenings along the way. At 8.30pm, it's still quite bright in the sky. By the time I reached the Arc, it got dark. Travel by underground metro is most convenient in Paris.

Go up to the Sacre Coeur and...

by sunlyon

Go up to the Sacre Coeur and wander around looking at the sidewalk artists paintings. Don’t miss just relaxing at a sidewalk café for lunch. Take about 2 hours, order a bottle of wine, sit outside where you can people watch. I miss my French family. They were great! I miss the French way of life, much more relaxed than the U.S.

Get enough Euros

by joiwatani

Make sure that when you withdraw money from the ATM machine, get enough money to last you for a week instead of using your debit/credit card each time. They charge extra amount of dollars to your bank for processing fee. This will save you a lot of money later on. Buying souvenir items for my family.

Halloween

by hquittner

We were in Paris for an extended stay through the end of an October. We were on our way to an early dinner at one of our favorite inexpensive bistros on the rue Descartes above the Place de la Contrescarpe. It was not yet dark and this is what we saw ahead. I thought store-bought costumes and candy hand-outs were an American perversion but it obvious that I am wrong. (Or did we export this too?).

Why is the chicken ...

by shrimp56

... hanging out of this juicer??? [At least I THINK that's what it is .. ] I love Paris store windows because you never know what you will find. And I am still wondering why a chicken??
-------
Okay -- VTer mariev solved my question -- "Maybe I have an idea about the chicken in the shaker -- the french term for egg-nog is 'lait de poule', could it be ?.." THANKS!!!

Comments