Ibis Paris Porte Doree

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

Comfortable & Close to public transportation

This 2-star hotel is in a nice location, close to McDonalds and Quick (Belgian version of McDonalds), supermarkets, pharmacy, restaurants and bakeries. At first, I was against staying here because it wasn't central, but when we got there I've realized the metro station is just five steps from there. The area is pretty safe (we came late at night by metro and nothing happened to us).
    The staff is great and very friendly. There is always someone at the desk late at night.
    Only one small elevator (max. 3 people but honestly just fit 2 with luggage). As our room was on the second floor, we'd rather use the stairs.
    Our room was on the furthest left of the corridor, facing the front of Boulevard Poniatowski. We were warned about the noise of this Boulevard, but all rooms have sound-proof windows, so no problem. The room and bathroom were very small, but it's very clean and basic. Whenever you decide to leave the hotel, before doing so, you have to leave the key at the front desk. It's a great thing, especially if you are someone who keeps losing keys.
    I loved my room mattress and pillow!!! Probably the first time I found them the way I like, i.e., not too soft.

The breakfast room is on the basement. 6,50 euros per person. I found ham, so I was pretty happy with my breakfast. Some places just offer croissant, butter and jam. Here you have other things to choose from, but I believe there was no hot meal (eggs, bacon, etc).

Unique Quality: Great location with easy transportation access, sound-proof windows, great hotel staff, mattress and pillows just the way I like them, TV with 15 channels, hair dryer.

Directions: Get off on "Porte Dorée" metro station (line 8 - Direction: Créteil Préfecture) and follow the signs of the Boulevard Poniatowski exit (turn left). When you leave the station, the hotel is right behind you.

Comments