Rue de Trevise 3/5, Paris, 75009, France

More about Paris

Opera GarnierOpera Garnier

Interior of Saint-Merri - Nov 2010Interior of Saint-Merri - Nov 2010

Notre DameNotre Dame

Rue de Beauce or Beausse ????Rue de Beauce or Beausse ????

Paris Ghost Tours

by gaylep

Hello,
This is my first time posting on this site.

Has anyone been on the Paris Ghost Tour? If so, what can you tell me about it? Is it worth the 20+ euros?

Thanks so much!
Christina

Re: Paris Ghost Tours

by gaylep

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to go tomorrow night, and I'll let you know how it was, if you'd like a first-hand account :)
Best,
Christina

PS : I'm really sorry that I didn't discover this site before my trip to Paris. I'm leaving on Saturday. Oh well. There's always next time!

Travel Tips for Paris

Must see but closed on Tuesdays

by Markyreid

The Louvre is located in one of the most picturesque parts of Paris and contains some of the world's most famous art works. A must see, but be aware that the Louvre is closed each Tuesday so plan your visit for another day.

An unexpectedly nice view!

by Laura_Mexico

A nice view of Paris and the Sein River from the top of the Notre Dame Towers. I never thought you would have such a nice view from this place, as the towers of Notre Dame aren't as high as the Eiffel or Montparnasse towers are and therefore the panorama wouldn't be that wide (according to me, at least)... but you can actually see A LOT of this beautiful town from up here!! And it's certainly not as expensive and crowded as it is to climb the Eiffel Tower... It's just a little tiring to climb all those 300+ narrow steps, but it's a cool experience!

The Jewish quarter in Paris

by matcrazy1

The Jewish quarter in Paris, known as the Marais district is resonant with history.
You can learn about the history of the Jews in France, visit a synagogue and eat the best falafel in Paris there.

Great Hair Salon

by eileencat1

I researched hair salons online before I came to Paris. Marianne Gray is the one I came up with. I ended up going here and received a cut and color with Man. The cost was 116. Euros and it was a great experience. I brought a picture with me in case of any language barriers.

I would definitely return and also would love to try some of their body treatments such as waxing, pedicure or massages.

52, Rue St André des Arts
75006 Paris, France

Don't leave for Paris without 'em

by davequ

As little and as light as possible, you will be on the move in the most exciting, electrifying city in the world.

My best purchase was a SMALL, microfiber day-bag with shoulder strap that fit snug under my arm.
Dave's "girlie-man" bag

Here went the map, kleenex (see toiletries), guidebook, pen, small digital camera and bottle of water.

Also a slim money-belt "wallet" that hid under my outer clothes for passport and money/credit cards to frustrate the thieves on the Metro, at Eiffel Tower, Pigalle, and Versailles. Good professional and broken-in walking shoes (Mephisto, Ecco, Dansko, with arch supports, whatever works for you). Don't underestimate this tip. Your feet will KILL you if you do.

Also shirts/blouses made with synthetic, wrinkle-resistant fibers. One decent black outfit for the opera, upscale dinners, etc. Lots of Euro coins for public toilets. Don't leave the hotel without 'em. Put some kleenex in your day bag also for tp. Hi-res (8Mb or better if possible) digital camera for personal shots, or a good solid 35mm with haze filters & lenses if you're really a serious photog.
A small portable tripod for night shots is a must unless you have the ability to freeze/turn to stone when you push the shutter - maybe "image stabilization" feature fixes this. Bring/buy beaucoup batteries or a euro rechargables kit
Also (just my opinion) don't waste valuable film or even finite digital "bits" on digital hand-held shots of the standard tourist spots like the Eiffel tower when you can download better ones anywhere, ... unless being able to "prove" you were there is important to you.

I buy high quality photos / postcards for the standard places (Eiffel, Arc, etc.)

My personal photos that I took and share here were of special, personal people, places & moments I don't want to forget.

When in doubt though, shoot it. It's amazing how much your pix and your journal mean to you a year later. Don't forget your Metro Map

Paris Metro Map
This is for online: Paris Metro Map online
ask for a petite hard copy "plan de métro" when you buy your first carnet of 10 tickets or carte orange: Marling Menu Master for France.... menu translator that will liberate you from English-speaking tourist traps and open up the heavenly delight of local cuisine.

A biggie: I am so glad I remembered to bring & keep a journal:
I could write feelings, impressions, and info into my journal at night in my hotel room. I forced myself to use it every day.
It was like gold to me about 6 months after I returned.
Also: Carry a small writing pad & pen at all times so you can communicate in an emergency: ("Écrivez svp?")

My favorite Paris Map - Michelin's Paris Plan et Index (resolution 1/10,000)... an excellent waterproof fold-up map with all info and just the right size.

Last (for now): a small phrase book with survival phrases in French (especially helpful in train stations under moments of stress when you forget all your French).

Good luck. Au Revoir!