Innova

Tags

Women's Travel Budget Travel Seniors
See Amenities
iandsmith's Profile Photo

Satisying not only your budget

by written on March 16, 2008

This place I picked up on from other VTers and would agree with them that it's value for money in Paris.
The staff were always helpful and mostly knowledgeable and our rooms were more spacious than we anticipated. There are lovely little balconies so you can look up and down the street (sorry, rue) and check the temperature each morning. (It's cold in winter!)
Breakfast was an all-you-can-eat (and stuff some in the backpack for later) affair though the range of food wasn't as extensive as a 5 star.
T.V. is in French except for the dreaded CNN, which, during the 12 months BEFORE the ACTUAL election, was filled with crap the rest of the world doesn't really want to know about. Sorry my US friends, just had to get that off my chest.
They have a lift which was great, no lugging up stairs.

Unique Quality: Its location close to the Pasteur Metro Station made transport a breeze and the 95 bus that stop about 50 metres away is an excellent route into town (it goes right through the Louvre after passing hundreds of shops).
There are several restaurants nearby and I can heartily recommend the Italian one around the corner.
Rooms were cleaned with fresh linen daily though the decor was a little faded. Some might call it atmospheric, like me.
It was value for money in the highest priced hotel town in the world and I would stay there again.
Internet was provided but you have to purchase a card for either 15 minutes (2 euro), 30 minutes (3 euro) or one hour (5 euro). Conveniently for them they didn't actually have any one hour cards during my entire stay.

Jefie's Profile Photo

A great budget hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 29, 2007

If you're traveling on a budget and don't plan on spending too much time in your room (such as was my case), then Hotel Innova is a good choice for a hotel in Paris. Our room and bathroom were very clean and we had a nice little balcony overlooking boulevard Pasteur, which made us feel as though we had our own little appartment in Paris. Do be aware though that the rooms are small (judging by North American standards), and the bed could have used a new mattress. The little TV only had 10 channels but hey, who wants to watch TV while in Paris?!

We ate breakfast at the hotel everyday - it was all-you-can-eat fresh pastries, coffee and juice, and the gentleman who worked at the breakfast parlor was super sweet. In fact, the entire staff was quite friendly; my only complaint would be that they sold us an Internet access card and when after 15 minutes we still hadn't managed to access our return flight information because the computer was so incredibly slow, they didn't accept to check the information for us or to reimburse us. So whatever you do, don't use the computer in the lobby!

As for the location, it was great because it was so central we could walk everywhere. There was also a metro station right in front of the hotel for when we got tired after a day's walk. It's not exactly a lively neighborhood at night compared with, say, the Latin Quarter, but if you walk around the block a bit you'll find quite a few spots where to stop for drinks or dinner. In fact, there was a great little spot right next door :o)

Directions: Close to Gare Montparnasse, just in front of the Pasteur metro station

Saquib_Maniar's Profile Photo

Innova - excellent location, and cheap ... !

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 19, 2006

Innova is one of the best places where u can put up during your Paris Vacation. It has one of the best locations at Pasteur, just next to Mont Parnasse. Its well connected with RER and Metro lines, and all the Tourist places are just a stone-throw away (or rather Metro-throw away) and easily acessible. Good location, very friendly Staff, and very helping. They are quite aware of the places one would like to visit and can also guide you if u go to Paris without a plan in mind. Hotel is very clean, allthough rooms are a littel small, but u only go to ur room during the night, and it doesnt make much of a difference. The security is good, you may also leave ur luggage at the Hotel, even after u have checked out, until ur Flight time. Rooms are nice and clean.

The best Part of Innova -
Location, Security and Staff. And all this just just a few Euro's. Its not very expensive either, for those travelling with a buckle on their wallets...
We had a splendid time and one should definitely choose Innova for a great time in Paris.

Directions: Pasteur - Line 6 or 12. Next Stop after Mont Parnasse.

emilybcn's Profile Photo

A Good Deal and nice stay

by written on April 6, 2005

This was a nice place, and turned out to be very affordable at about 60 euro per night for a double room. The staff were helpful, they spoke Engish and I thought the room was comfortable maybe a tad small, it included a full bathroom with shower, a t.v with satelite and a large window. Overall it was simple and clean with all the basic amenities. It was like paying hostal price for a 2 star hotel. It isn't extremely central nor too far out, but the metro is just 20 yards from the hotel, and this line connects directly to most tourist spots.

Directions: metro pasteur

muddychain's Profile Photo

Clean and Comfortable

by written on January 19, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed for three nights and had a room on the 7th floor facing the street. The staff were friendly to us and spoke english well, the rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable (small, but larger than I expected). I was impressed with the quality of service for the price and the comfort. I would recommend this hotel to anyone without back problems (my boyfriend says he couldn't sleep, but I was completely comfortable). I would stay again.

Directions: Take metro line 6 or 12 to Pasteur. It is on the corner next a bar/pub/restaurant.

EGitan's Profile Photo

The nicest hotel staff in Paris.

by written on May 11, 2004

Despite the fact that this is a hostel, it was better accomodations than the 4 star hotel I stayed at in the opera district. During my stay I came down with a terrible cold and Jean Pierre, one of the staff, was very helpful in helping me seek alternative healthcare. I would stay here just for the nice staff alone. And it is very reasonable in terms of price.

Unique Quality: A little out of the tourist district, but very charming.

Directions: dont ask me. take the metro to Pasteur and get off and take a right. it is on the corner.

Nearby Innova

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Innova

• Free High Speed Internet

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews

Grand Hotel des Balcons
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Hostel Blue Planet
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Crystal Hotel (24 Rue St Benoit )
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews