Inter Hotel Francais

13 Rue du 8 Mai 1945, 10th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75010, France

Libertel Gare de l'Est Francais
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Paris Cheap charming small hotel (hotel francais)

Small hotels...very charming hotel in gare d east in paris....half block from the gare d east metro entrance...
    perfect hotel at good price...
    rooms are small but is a normal thing in paris...

Unique Quality: good price..
    good breakfast
    good location

Directions: Gare de l'Est, gare du nord

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hotel Francais - near Gare du Nord

In September 2007 I visited Paris for one night with my parents. We were arriving and departing by Eurostar, and seeing as we were going to be staying for such a short time I wanted our hotel to be convenient to Gare du Nord, so we could quickly dump our luggage and see as much as Paris as possible.

I selected Hotel Francais as it was in the right location, reasonably priced (by Paris standards) and had decent online reviews. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of accommodation and the location. It is about a 5 minute walk from Gare du Nord, and right across the road from Gare de l’Est (hence very convenient to the metro). The surrounding area isn't the nicest, but you are only a short metro trip away from the centre of Paris.

Unique Quality: We received a friendly welcome on check-in and were pleased with the quality and size of our rooms. My bathroom was recently renovated, though my parents was in need of an update. Although our rooms looked over the front of the hotel, noise was not a problem.

Breakfast was not included in our room rate, though the extra cost was worthwhile considering the decent buffet selection on offer - decent by Paris 2 star hotel standards anyway!

Directions: Nearest metro: Gare de l'Est was across the road. 5 minutes walk to Gard du Nord

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

A nice surprise!

I booked this hotel without actually finding any reviews for it, so I didn't know if it would be as good as it looked on the site or not. The hotel was actually very good. Yes its right across from the Gare de'Lest, but that's nothing that ear-plugs (or in my case, my discman) can't fix. The location was pretty good and the price very good. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

The only downside is that because of noise from the street it seems the windows are kept closed a lot, so the air can be a bit stale in the room when you arrive.

Unique Quality: There is a tv, mini-bar and safe in the room. The bathrooms look new and are very nice and clean. You get a good view of the street below (if you get a front room), the hall lights are turned on by sensors in the floor - so you're never caught in the dark. Breakfast is also available.

(It's also along one of the routes of the L'Open Tour bus - very handy!)

Directions: Opposite the Gare de'Lest

More about Inter Hotel Francais

taking RER from cdg

Hi,
I have booked Hotel Francais near Gare du nord for a 2 night stay.I understand that the best way to get there is to take the RER line from CDG & get off at Gare du nord.I was also adviced on this forum that buying a 10 tkt carnet for the 2 of us for 2 days would be a good option .Can i get this at the CDG airport & can it be used for my travel from CDG to Gare du nord.Please advice.
Thanks

by mariev

The metro tickets (carnet of 10) are not valid from Roissy CDG. they are valid only inside Paris (+ some close suburbs).
You will have to get a ticket (i don't remember if it's 8,15 or 8,50) from Roissy to Paris (to gare du Nord).
You can buy those at the RER (local train station) in the airport

by esar

Thanks for your reply.I understand that ther is a bus from cdg to opera.My hotel is just 50 mtrs from Gare de L'est & so do you think i should take the bus till opera & get on the metro or take the RER from cdg to gare du nord which is about 600 mtrs to the hotel.Please advice.
Thanks

by mariev

f you have to reach gare de l'Est :
You can, either take the Roissy bus to opera and from there (station Auber)the metro line 7 to gare de l'Est
or take the RER to Gare du Nord and walk from there (it's less than 10 minutes by foot between gare de l'est and gare du nord)

by esar

Thanks again for your reply.In terms of journey & seeing the sights of the city which do you think would be a better option.
regards,
esar

by mariev

I prefer the bus since you get to see a bit of Paris to see and it's more confortable, especially if you have luggage - but you have to take the metro after that
The RER solution is faster (and direct), but no sights