Jardin Paris Alesia Montparnasse

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Simple in the South

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 26, 2004

We stayed in a three bed room with private bath on the top floor of the Jardin Paris. It was very cheap and nice to have three people to share. There was breakfast downstairs, but we didn't try it (see intro for reason). The location is good, equidistant between stops on two different metro lines.

Norali's Profile Photo

Because hotel rooms are just for sleeping...

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 22, 2004

Because hotel rooms are just for sleeping... because we wanted our hotel to be in 14e arrondissement, close to many things that interested us... because we didn't want a 4* neither a 1*... because we were runing out of time trying booking at a hotel, then another.. we chose this 2* hotel after trying booking rooms at two 3* hotels.

The hall was not that clean, walls needed some painting. Didn't really want to stay in the lounge room for a long time.

My room was OK in size but the carpet was dirty and old. Also, when using the toilet for the fist time, I had to wipe it myself because it had some yellow (urine ?) traces on the chair. uuuh !

After putting down my luggage and having a shower, I left my room and went joining my parents' room. In the corridor, I just realized one of my earrings had fallen at the foot of my bed. Was too lazy to fetch so decided to remove the single silver earring I had on my ear, thinking the personnel had no reason to enter my bedroom anymore. At night, when I returned from our diner outside, the earring that was at the foot of my bed disappeared. So, now, I am left with one piece of my favourite pair of earrings. :-( I know that the hotel is not responsible for such a loss but would like to advise about possibility of stealing there. Come on! it was not gold, it was a simple silver earring. Beautiful piece, yes but not really a valuable item.

Last, and probably most scandalous, when I entered my parents bedroom, I nearly vomitted. Previous occupiers (or personnel ?) used the toilets of their bedroom and the personnel hadn't aired the room before giving it to the following clients (my parents). Doesn't it prove they don't even check the rooms before giving them to clients ? It took us some time to open the window and let some air circulating to remove this smell. Not pleasant at all since the window of their room looked onto the noisy street and polluted-air.

Unique Quality: Another cons: from our bedrooms: no possibility to call foreign countries, neither calling French mobile number. Not handy at all when you have an appointment, are late and need to advise the person you should meet up with.

I think that for a 2* hotel (75 euros for a single bedroom), quality was really low. I was just expecting some clean and room, no big thrills. Though, hygiene is not even an obvious matter there. I don't recommend it at all, though the lady at the hall was nice and efficient.

The only pro I found there was its location in the destockage avenue.

eden_teuling's Profile Photo

DANS LES RUES DE PARIS

by written on January 9, 2003

** Hotel, so not expensive but it proved to be a fine one.

It is situated on LA RIVE GAUCHE, the left bank of the river SEINE in the 14th arr..
It is in walking distance of the Tour Eiffel and the Hare MONTPARNASSE (Railway station)

The Metro stop Pernety L13 is about 150 mtr. from the hotel, which is ideal....

Of course there is a public parking lot which will cost you about 17 euros per 24 hrs..

Parking somewhere in a street in Paris is very difficult, not to say impossible and.....you wouldn't be the first tourist who wouldn't be able to find the car back which is quite a problem....

Unique Quality: The hotel has about 50 rooms.

There is a reception desk and you can use lockers for free.
There also is an elevator, a lounge and a simple breakfast buffet...

The rooms are clean and have telephone, a television set and double glazing.

Each room has a bathroom with bath/shower and a toilet.

Directions: travel with Metro line 13 to stop Pernety

Nearby Jardin Paris Alesia Montparnasse

1 Photo of Jardin Paris Alesia Montparnasse

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Jardin Paris Alesia Montparnasse

• Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews