Jardins De Paris Bastille

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Paris

LouvreLouvre

Bridge in front of Louvre where they workBridge in front of Louvre where they work

2/4 place G. Henocque 75013 Paris.2/4 place G. Henocque 75013 Paris.

Velib & vandalism.Velib & vandalism.

top of the eiffel tower

by mani8kgm

I know, I know. It's not all it's cracked up to be, but how much is it to the top of the Eiffel tower. And if you have the prices to the other levels as well.
Does the elevator stop at the first and second levles too, or does one take the stairs?
Thank you!

by GrumpyDiver

Instead of writing here, why don't you just check out the Eiffel Tower website??

by tango_jd

I disagree - it IS all it's cracked-up to be.
It is a great view day or night - do both if possible!

by GrumpyDiver

I personally prefer the view from the Arc de Triomphe. I think the view with all of the streets radiating out beats the Eiffel Tower, but everyone should do it at least once.

A nice clear day is best - the day we went was overcast and the view was marginal.

by jamesfmunro

It's not all it's cracked up to be
Now that's about the wrongest thing I've read all day :)

A night time visit is a very good idea - no crowds. The Arc de Triomphe was mentioned above. Here's another option: the Tour Maine-Montparnasse is the next tallest building in Paris. It's about 700 feet tall and you get a view of both the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe.

Travel Tips for Paris

Paris Bridges at night

by Carmela71

We arrived late to Paris and as soon we got into the hotel, we went out to see the Notre Dame at night, crossing through Republic square and down to the Seine.

But my first impressive view was the bridges at night illuminated..... Just beautiful.

This is Pont Marie that takes us to Ile St-Louis

Visit Rue Moufetard, my...

by bobuk

Visit Rue Moufetard, my favourite street. The Metro station is called Place Monge and you will see this on the attached Metro map on line 7 (the pink one) just below the river (cut & paste the following URL into your browser):-
www.hotels-unis.com/img_com/Anglais/metro/metro.htm

Rue Moufetard is a gorgeous bistro and shop-lined street that used to be part of a Roman road.

See my travelogue on Rue Moufetard.

the Back Garden of Versailles ...

by JUNLI

the Back Garden of Versailles
To be honest, this's the most impressive garden for me and I also believe this's the best garden in the world.

I did spend the whole day in strolling around this garden! :-)

Research, Visit and Research Some More

by riorich55

Prior to our first trip to Europe we did a lot of research on places to see, restaurants to go to, how to get around, where to stay, etc. We also did some research on what to see in the places we were going to.

The Louvre is a place that you can read about, see all the paintings, sculptures, TV shows, documentaries, etc., but like most places until you actually go and see you really don't get it.

After visiting the Louvre and now starting to really look at some of the pictures we took of the paintings and other works of art I am anxious to start some research into what I've seen so that the next time I get back to Paris, I can see things with my eyes open a little wider.

Hopefully, with some of the tips I start to post, others can begin to get an appreciation of the beauty and emotion behind these precious works of art.

First Tip of Hopefully Many More to Come:

Cupid and Psyche by Antonio Canova Italian Sculpture Neoclassicism Style commissioned in 1787 and completed 1793. Interestingly enough during the tummultuous period of the French Revolution.

The Two Figures: Cupid (Eros) a Roman God of Love and Desire and Psyche "Soul" in Greek a beautiful mortal woman

The Story: A scene from Lucius Apuleius "The Golden Ass" where Cupid revives his lover who has been put to sleep by a magic perfume.

Description of the Senses Involved: "Appeals to the senses of sight and touch yet simultaneously alludes to romantic interest in emotion coexiting with neoclassicism."

Packing List

by yakacik

Diclaimer of Liability

Dear Visitors, at my VT pages built under VirtualTourist.com All the copyrighted bacground midi music parts, copyrights pending anonymous background pictures and various other pictures and informations are the sole properties of their real owners. They could not be reused, redisributed or recopied for the sole aims of trade and commerce except the personal use. All rights are reseved for their real owners. If you do act otherwise, in spite of above
Disclaimer of Responsibility
It is your matter violating national or international laws and copyrights. Here again I acknolewdge that those copyrighted or copyrights pending pictures,informations etc.. are solely belonging to their real owners except the ones made, shot and designed by me. They are for the timebeing copyright pending and if I am informed of their real owners, I will declare and indicate their name and full postal address or links or whatsoever they require to identify themselves

Comments