Jardins De Paris Saint Lazare

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 2.5 star hotels

More about Jardins De Paris Saint Lazare

"Portrait of a Young Man wearing a Blue Beret""Portrait of a Young Man wearing a Blue Beret"

The TrocaderoThe Trocadero

Place de la ConcordePlace de la Concorde

Eiffel Tower, Paris, France 1998Eiffel Tower, Paris, France 1998

Recommend any of the following hotels?

by 01186704

I have been offered the following hotels at the listed prices all for two nights stay for two adults. Which are good and which arn't?

Any help appreciated.

Hotel Dauphin £69

Jardin de Paris République £77

Jardins de Paris Montparnasse £86

Jardins de Paris Montmartre £86

Hotel Princesse Isabelle £86

Jardins de Paris Saint Lazare £91

Hotel Regina Opera £104

Sorry about the sterling prices, but any help that can be offered would be gratefully received. I'm basically looking fora nice comfortable hotel that my girlfriend (who does like her creature comforts) will enjoy.

Thanks again

Re: Recommend any of the following hotels?

by aflaneur

Dear 01186704:

I am always willing to assist anyone who makes so personal a pleading for info and help. Your VT name intrigues, and the numerics fairly roll off the tongue. You are sure to garner a lot of attention from VTers who share your lust for absolute anonymity and one-time unilateral use of the site.

Accordingly, it is my pleasure to steer you in 3 helpful directions: (1) search VT Paris hotels pages for specific hotels that have been reviewed by VTers in the past; (2) write directly to VTers who have specific expertise with Paris hotels (again, see Paris page); and (3) go to www.tripadvisor.com, the Paris lodgings page, and search for your specific hotels.

Happy travels!

Re: Recommend any of the following hotels?

by CALSF

Sorry, I have heard of the Hotel Dauphine only. It's in the 6th district which is a very nice area. I have read that its rooms are small-well, a bit smaller than usual for Paris/Europe.

Travel Tips for Paris

Walking along the Seine on a...

by mrtravel8

Walking along the Seine on a sunny day and watching the barges and boats go by.. On a sunny day lounging at a cafe on Rue St.Honore while eating a croissant with cafe creme or a baguette avec jambon blanc ..

Fragrant shops, streets... shoe addiction

by Norali

Of course, one of my ways to discover Paris was shopping. Don't laugh ! I mean buying things other than food and drinks.

Be it for clothes, for books.. and for shoes ! Thank God, I didn't know cosmetics at that time... except soaps and shampoos. I say "Thank God" because I think I developed from this first Paris experience my "shoe-addiction" (I was 10). Imagine the damage done on the bank account if I knew about cosmetics at that time... Shoe addiction is enough!
Reading my shopping tips, you'll notice I've developed an interest in make-up products... but later. Far later than this first acquaintance with Paris.

It was mainly Boulevard Haussman area: Galeries Lafayette, late Marks & Spencer (I knew the food section for my Mum buying there Genoa cake: with fruits confits). Then BHV (for DIY section)... not my type of thing. :)
Then FNAC.. fabulous FNAC, for books and comic strips.

Elsewhere, some small shops in 14e arrondissement... shoes, clothes. The closest to my home then was on Rue Alésia. And fabrics shops in St-Pierre area (Montmartre)... and Gibert Jeune shop on Boul Mich (they had the cahiers I wanted so much :))). All of the shops had (still have) a common point: they all smell good. Indeed, I have a memory of walking in the streets and smelling some perfumes, home fragrances escaping from the shops. I could literally hop from a fragrant territory to another while walking in those streets. Even drugstores smell good there. I think that confirmed the reputation of French people (at least Parisians) as perfume users. Perfume is everywhere: home, on persons, in shops, in streets...

Compared to Belgium, where shops are clean and that's all, that's a difference.
Compared to shops in Tana, that was even a contrast.

[Side notice: Later on, I discovered that they spray newly launched perfumes (One year in the 90s, I could smell intoxicating Christian Lacroix' s "C'est la vie !" everywhere)... I also learnt during a traineeship in The Body Shop outlets how to promote home fragrance by engraming it in visitors brains: pour some drops in hot water and splash it on the ground and pavement in front of your door. ;-)]

Speaking of shoes.. I remember one night sleeping with my new brand shoes on my pillow. That was because I had a crunch on them in the shop... then I wanted to have them in my sight when I woke up... Still remember of them: brown and black.. The second night I had them, because I felt myself ridiculous, I laid them at the foot of my bed.. but then, I woke up many times in the middle of the night to see them. Of course, it took me days to decide to wear them... :)

I remembered it.. and my parents did too. One of vivid memories of shopping in Paris...

Toilets at Notre Dame

by CALSF

Well, this is not one of my favorite things. But I don't know where to post it. If you need a toilet around the Notre Dame area, go to the gardens that are located next to Notre Dame. At the entrance/exit that is on the side of rue du Cloitre de Notre Dame, there is a set of toilets with an attendant sitting in a booth. You use the toilet first and then as you exit give the attendant about .40 eurocents.

Paris Public Toilets

by kris-t

There are lots of self-cleaning toilets (known as sanisettes) on boulevards and in parks throughout the city.
After each use the toilet is automatically cleaned and disinfected by a motorized mechanism, and a green light signals that the lavatory is ready for the next user.

They come in several styles, but all have the same basic design.

You should know:
Sanisettes are normally open from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m.
And the door opens automatically after 15 minutes.

Check the control panel to see if the sanisette is occupied.
Press the button to open the door (in some cases you will need to insert two 20-cent coins).
There's no need to flush - the sanisette will do that for you.

The grass of the moon and the waves of sound.....

by eksploratorki

If you would like to see the place where the iron and feather weight the same, see your portrait in the infrared or touch the sound waves, this is the place - The science city La Vilette.

We've spent there almost all day and had really great fun watching, reading, playing with light and sound.... you can really see many phenomenons for yourself, you can move or touch almost everything. And it was really, really amusing, interesting and exciting at the same time. Many things we've remembered from school but also we learned a lot from e.g physics, biology etc.
Exhibitions are permanent or seasonal, so there's always a reason to pay a visit to La Vilette.
A "must see" for school kids and anyone interested in science

Comments