Kyriad Porte D'Orleans Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Costs 37% less but rated 18% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Opera GarnierOpera Garnier

Hôtel de Sully: Spring & Summer (Nov 2010)Hôtel de Sully: Spring & Summer (Nov 2010)

View from Tour EifelView from Tour Eifel

The entrance by rue des Oiseaux.The entrance by rue des Oiseaux.

where can i buy tickets for rock concerts?

by mindcrime

I want to attend APOCALYPTICA on october 31, 2010.
They play at Zenith de Paris.

is there any reliable site where I can book my tickets?

by pfsmalo

Here in France you can get tickets online with "infoconcert.com" - "france-billet.com" or "fnac.com". France-billet can be put into English if neccessary.

thanks!

I have used the FNAC store back in 2005 but I ask for concerts that may go sold out before my arrival.

by hexelein

There's a web page set up for selling tickets to the Apo concerts, which may (or may not, I haven't registered, as they're not coming here) have cheaper / better tickets.

Have fun! Apo concerts are brilliant :D

by mindcrime

I know, I have seen them back in 1998! ;)

Travel Tips for Paris

Paris Viste: The Museum Pass

by Callavetta

Visitors to Paris may find it a huge advantage to purchas the Museum Pass. This pass will allow you to skip the very long ticket purchase lines at the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, Versailles and a host of other places. It is important to evaluate whether the purchase makes finanacial since, and once you begin using your pass, it may be used only on consecutive days (as many as you have purchased).

As of this date the pass is priced at the following rates:

1 day = 18 euro
2 days = 36 euros
3 days = 54 euros

The pass can be purchased at Visitor Information offices, some of the venues and some Metro stations.

Paris Viste has all the details and a list of venues where the pass is accepted.

...visit a brasserie! A...

by BillieJean

...visit a brasserie! A brasserie is a sidewalk cafe, and they're not difficult to find. There's one every two feet, I promise. Just sit down, order 'une coca' (cola, that is) and people-watch. It's enjoyable because Parisians are really chic. Any brasserie will do, because they're all so nice. But yes, please do that when you go to Pa-ree. I would have to say my fondest memory of Paris is ordering ice cream! The ice cream in Paris is so amazingly excellently delicious (and in Italy too, I hear)...it was all I ate, practically. It was really very simple, I just said 'une boule de chocolat, s'il vous plait.' And yay, the guy handed me some ice cream with a cute Parisian smile. Ahhh.

A truly unique garden between the Louvre and Conco

by Imbi

This garden owes its name to the clay earth with which the Parisians once made their tiles up until the 16th century. Created in 1564 by Cathérine de Médicis, at the same time as the since-destroyed palace, it once represented the birth in the city of public walks "in society". André le Nôtre re-designed it in 1664, basing it around a wide central pathway edged with French-style flowerbeds. Besides the Orangery and Jeu de Paume galleries that can now be found here, the garden is, in itself, a form of open-air museum, with its many sculptures from the time of Louis XIV up to the present day that decorate it. For the younger visitor, the Tuileries Gardens have play areas in store, boat hire, pony rides and a fun fair in the summer months.
The gardens close a little later on in the summer: at 9 pm from April to September, except at 11:45 pm in July and August (and at 12:45 on Saturdays and Sundays).

Trompe l’oeil paintings

by tiabunna

I had read of ‘trompe l’oeil’ paintings, but had not seen more than a photo of a large example – until we chanced upon the one in the photo. We had gone to a bus stop in the Bde Magenta, near the Gare d’Est, but decided we had time for a coffee. As we sat, I noticed this magnificent example across the way. These paintings usually have optimum viewing positions and I think the representations of trucks in the foreground would probably look more convincing from a position at the curbside and slightly downhill from where we were, but the result still is very impressive.

These paintings must be a French specialty, because we later saw another excellent example in Quebec and were told the artists had been brought over from France. (It will be the subject for a future tip, when I finalise my Quebec page! :))

Pack warm clothes for the winter months.

by Kodi01

Pack light for traveling to many cities if you did as I do.....many cities at a time. A warm coat or leather coat would do for the time I went there. October and end of January were the months I went and would recommend mid to warm

Comments