La Maison Hostel

67 bis, rue Dutot, Paris, 75015, France

Satisfaction Average

Good For No Data
  • ucbwalker's Profile Photo

La Maison Hostel, 67 Bis Rue...

La Maison Hostel, 67 Bis Rue Dutot 75015, Tel: 33.(0)1.42 73 10 10. 147F for a double, 127 for a 3-6 person room (per person per night). The nearest Metro stop is Pasteur. It's a fairly institutional hostel, which receives the honor of having the smallest elevator that I have ever seen (I rode in it with one of the insane employees and it was so cramped that her facial glitter was rubbing off onto my cheek). It's not very central, but there's a supermarket across the street and a laundromat a few doors down. Beds are comfortable; staff is flaky. Definitely not a nightmarish experience, but nothing to write home about.

More about La Maison Hostel

My Paris Homepage!

by freddie18

"Welcome to Paris - France"

A lot has been said about Paris and what I am sharing about this beautiful place is the good feeling soon after I land at the international airport via Sterling Airlines from Copenhagen. Although I am not new to travelling when I visited Paris, I thought that coming here is an accomplishment. It was the longest stay in a city (next to Rome) on my 17-day tour of Europe. Understandably, I made sure that I am not missing any of those well-publicized and most famous attractions of the city. Right at the airport, I already had a good impression of France. The humble taxi driver who was very polite and patient enough to take us to our Harvey Hotel where I checked in. The Front Desk staff who were so helpful. I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and 3 days, and no matter how early in the morning or late in the evening that we had to approach the staff, they were so customer-oriented and they did not leave us behind unattended. To think that I have made all my reservations and arrangement to this hotel in the internet, I really did not have the slightest idea if they have excellent service as they claim to be.

The rest is history. From day 1 to the end of our tour, I did not feel like leaving Paris. I thought my stay was too short and not enough. But I had to leave. I was at the Front Desk at 3:30AM getting ready to the airport bound for my next journey to Italy.

It was short, but Paris already made a good impression. And I cannot help but share the good side of this city. I have to go into detail my experiences. If you are interested to know more, you are requested to see my tips and deals about Paris. I am sure you will get something good about it!

Come and join me on my next trip to Paris!

Flower stores in ParisFlower stores in Paris

Napoleon (solo)Napoleon (solo)

Lady and the UnicornLady and the Unicorn

allegoric sculpturesallegoric sculptures

cheap accommodation

by dervish

will be travelling with a child on a 70eu a night budget, will get into beauvais at 9.30pm any advice welcome on which cheap but safe hotel to book,not in beauvais , as will be getting into porte maillout at about 10.30pm thanks

RE: cheap accommodation

by jrgentle

Hello Maureen, How's the craic? If you check out my Paris page, I have a listing for a really nice hotel in Gobelins. A really nice area of Paris, with very reasonable rates. There are also some nice things to do in that area listed also. Let me know if you need any more help. Bon Chance
J.R.

RE: RE: cheap accommodation

by dervish

thats great jr. thanks very much,ill look it up asap..

RE: cheap accommodation

by qaminari

If you are really getting into Beauvais at 9.30 I rather doubt that you will be at Porte Maillot at 10.30, as the bus takes an hour, and if you haven't got through passport control and collected your luggage in time to catch the 9.40 bus, the next one's at 10.05..! Or maybe timetable is different on different days.
This hotel is well-located http://www.ratestogo.com/Hotel/EN/Harvey_Hotel_Paris though possibly above your price range, but you can get a double room for 72 EUR at this one at weekends, at least http://www.hotel-etoile-pereire-paris.federal-hotel.com/tarifs_en.htm.

Paris' Must See Places!

by freddie18

I will be in Paris, France with 2 of my family members for the first leg of our European Tour. We are arriving in the morning of March 31 and will stay at Harvey Hotel near Porte Maillot. As soon as we check in at the hotel, we prefer to go around for the rest of the day. Can anyone give me an idea on what other place we can go considering our plan to be at Eiffel Tower in the afternoon till night to see the lights. The following day will be a whole day tour. Would appreciate if anyone can suggest the 3 "must see places" that can be done from morning till night. Many thanks for your reply.

by pedroswift

Click the VT "Travel Guides" (in the bar near the top of the page).In the "Browse Travel Guides" find "Europe" click on "Paris". Voila : 7,483 reviews of things to do in Paris. Straight-up are the 10 top things to see.Pick a number: any number - you won't be disappointed! Enjoy.

by Sjalen

For the first time visitor...I'd say Eiffel Tower, the Louvre (if at all interested in Mona Lisa OR that much into art that you want to see the "non touristy" treasures, otherwise not) and the Notre Dame. But Paris is one of those places I prefer to walk around in rather than chase the sights. I love just to walk around the Quartier Latin with its student atmosphere...

by dazsin

My personal opinion from my visit (excluding the great tower which you mentioned)

1.The Louvre - Absolutely blew me away, make sure you see the Mona Lisa, Venus di Milo and The Winged Victory of Samothrace.
2.Arc de Triomphe - A fantastic monument, simply must NOT be missed.
3.Notre Dame cathedral - Are you really going to visit Paris and not visit this?

Travel Tips for Paris

Buy Some Euro Before Arriving in Paris

by CALSF

Some people advise against buying euro before arriving in Paris. They cite that it's too expensive due to the fees.

I, on the other hand, being on the conservative side, advise to buy approximately 200 euro. To me the small fee I pay to buy the currency is small in relation to the unforseen hassles if the ATM machines CDG are busy. I want to have on hand upon arrival some cash to pay the taxi and to buy some snacks or whatever incidentals that are needed. You don't want to use your credit card 100% and sometimes it is not possible to do so.

The French are Tolerant/Sane!

by HooptheWorld

This is just to say, we were there in November and although I am not a smoker, I noticed smoking everywhere and it is no big deal. Not like here where so many are judgmental. It is refreshing to find tolerance. In fact, my friends did not in any way deter their friends from smoking in their apartments...even though they themselves were nonsmokers. I was impressed with their tolerance...their sense of putting friends before judgment! Very, very refreshing. People smoked on the streets, etc. So, relax and enjoy this wonderful city.

Parisians have a reputation to...

by Sjalen

Parisians have a reputation to be snotty. I don't find this true at all with the exception of the taxi drivers, but then they have one of the worst jobs in town (quickly realised when you see the traffic). The problem is that many English speakers don't even TRY a little bit of French. Just say 'bonjour' when you go into a shop and 'Parlez-vous anglais?' when you want to talk to someone and you will find that they are just as nice as the rest of us and often switch to English these days. Promise.

Last Vineyard in Paris

by Patrick3581

Montmartre is the home of the last remaining vineyard in Paris. (Rue St. Vincent). From here a small batch of wine is produced each year and auctioned off in October. I have to say from personal experience, the wine is more of a curiosity to have than to drink. All the proceeds go to a good cause, though. Some say the arts, some say the aged of Montmartre

Comments