Le Faubourg Sofitel Demeure

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Le Faubourg Sofitel Demeure

Priceline Deal of a hotel

by tadjr about Sofitel Paris Porte de Sevres

Got this hotel on Priceline. Was not sure about it since the reviews there and on another travel website were so so. We must have been lucky because we didnt have any problems at all. The hotel is a little further out than most people would probably prefer, but we had a Visite Paris pass and it was only 6 stops past the Eiffel Tower in a quieter part of town. A good deal for us. Any questions about the area or stay, feel free to ask.

Splendid small hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bckrSTHLM

Stayed for new years 2006/07

The superb location of the hotel is just the beginning of this splendid little place. Once you enter the lobby, both elegant, cosy, classic, modern and warmly welcomming, you will encounter a great staff that proved helpfull and very friendly.

We encountered a minor problem with a reservation of the room, that was however gone in a second.

The room was nice, however small....... who cares...... we hang out in a sofa in our cosy "livingroom" in the lobby or had a overpriced drink or two in the bar. :-) The soda is 7 euro, but again, who cares? we enjoyed and had a champagne instead! (also overpriced).....The bar is cosy small and stylish , just as the rest of the place. The breakfast is included i the room rate and is nice as well.

If you force me to be negative about some issue (and thats NOT easy), I would have found it nice with some decorations for new years. The front/facade had all the christmas stuff, but new years eve it could have been nice to see something else.

However DONT STAY THERE, :-) i want to be able to book it everytime i am in Paris, without hearing: "sorry its fully booked monsieur".

GREAT PLACE i would much rahter stay here than in next door Crillion or at the Ritz......

Excellent Location, SMALL rooms

by TripAdvisor Member maddeline

I Stay here for business twice a year- the location cant be beat, the hotel has a very nice boutique feeling and the staff couldn't be lovelier. However, if you have any issues with small rooms- beware! I have been in rooms where the bathroom is as big, if not bigger - then the rooms, Don't get me wrong , the rooms are lovely and cozy, and the bed is amazing! But sometimes I have felt a bit claustraphobic. The closets are also very limited.
The gym in non-existent, but the breakfast is fantastic.

Wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GREG44NYC

A wonderful hotel. Great bathroom with a fabulous shower. Extremely comfortable bed. A cozy wonderful room. the lobby was a great place to relax. Perfect combination of modern amenities and small hotel charm. Perfect location for restaurants, tourist activities.

The Most Comfortable Bed

by TripAdvisor Member AtypicalTexan

I have stayed in this hotel twice in the past 3 months. It has the most comfortable beds, huge thirsty bath sheets, soft robes, great lighting and a modern bathroom with a shower calibrated to just the right flow. The lobby is great; the service impeccable. The bar is fun and the room service food is really good. Location very convenient. This is a hidden gem. I have stayed a lot of places in Paris and all over the world and this is a find. I was able to easily get to the Louvre Sunday afternoon when we arrived (a 5 min walk), shop on a weekday morning when my meetings didn't start early and generally enjoy the best of Paris from a very comfortable base.

Perfect Location

by TripAdvisor Member rosedor

I made a reservation in this hotel on advice of a friend. I had to go to Paris for business. As we arrived in this hotel everything was perfect. The hotel looked chique, it was located in the luxerious shopping area (less than 200 meters) from shops as Prada, Gucci, D&G, etc etc. Also if you walk 100 meters from the hotel you can see the eiffeltower from place de la concorde. The subway is about 200 meters away. The famous Buddha Bar is across the street (5 meters) Breakfast was excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpfull. The room was up to date, but not big (what you can expect in Paris.) The beds were good. I paid 349 euro including breakfast and enjoyed valet parking overnight for 27 euro. I would only sleep there if would go to paris again shortly

Great hotel - staff excellent

by TripAdvisor Member fishygal

We really liked this hotel. Great location as described previously. Little street traffic due to the gendarmerie stopping all cars in and out due to proximity to US embassy. Checked in for 3 nights with my husband. Although it was early evening, our room wasn't ready - which was fine with us as we wanted to take a walk, anyway. When we got back and made our way to the room, we had been left a bottle of chilling champagne to welcome us to the hotel. Really nice way to toast our first night in the city. We had breakfast included in our rate and thought it was excellent (breads, eggs, meats, fruit, cheese, yogurts, freshly squeezed juices). Even though it was busy at times and staff looked run off their feet - they always made it seem like any request was no trouble at all. We stayed in a jr suite - and thanks to the advice provided earlier, had requested a courtyard facing room. We heard absolutely no noise- not from the city nor from other rooms. The only slightly strange thing was the turn-down service. On one night, they took our towels and didn't replace them, on one night, water bottles were left by the bed (but just once). Room service dinner one night was great - prompt and beautifully presented. All in all, great hotel and would definitely recommend.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member blackcap

Fantastic location. Quite street due to traffic being monitored because of the American Embassy at end of street. Rue Saint Honare at other end of street with its designer shops. Metro station very close by.

Staff were curtious. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant which wasn't cheap, but the staff were so professional and polite and the food was wonderful. The breakfast had a great selection.

Room was small. But the bed was one of the most cosy and comfortable hotel beds I have come across. The bathroom was also small, but the shower was totally enclosed and had good water pressure.

The room had a CD player with an alarm clock which was nice to have.

Had a wonderful two nights' stay at the hotel.

seth0919's new Paris Page

by seth0919

I went to Paris on business. All told, I think I was in the country for exactly 30 hours, not what you would call an extended trip!
Upon landing at Charles de Gaulle International airport (some 3+ hours late) I found my way to a taxi and headed off to the Sofitel Paris La Defense. At the time I did not know that there are TWO Sofitel Paris La Defense (Centre and Grande Arc). Naturally the taxi takes me to the wrong one. After explaining my error (in English as I'm not multi-lingual) the hotel was kind enough to provide me transport to their other location. Checked in, and went directly to my room to catch up on email and do some work.

Around lunch time, I decided to take a break....so I jumped on the underground and headed toward the Tower de Eiffel and the other typical tourist hot spots. The weather was overcast as you can see in most of the photos After a quick walk around for about an hour, it was back into the underground and back to work.

An early wake up call helped me get to my 7:00 AM meeting and I was on a plane to London by lunchtime. Thus ending my quick trip to Paris.

Additional photos: http://public.fotki.com/seth0919/paris_france/

Grand Circle Travel River Tour of the Rhone

by untourist

We had never taken a tour of this type, but this was one of the best trips we have ever taken. I'm writing this short summary for those who have wondered about whether this tour was worthwhile. It certainly was for my wife and myself. We started with a flight to Paris, then changed to a smaller - but roomy - flight to Nice. At Nice we were housed in an older in-town hotel: the Boscolo Hotel Plaza, which was ideal for exploring the town because we were within a couple of blocks of whatever we wanted to do - walk the beach, explore the old town, gamble in the casino, eat at the beachfront hotels/restaurants, or just sit in the park. We took two very worthwhile side trips: one to the hill town of St. Paul de Vence and one to Monte Carlo. We had excellent guides for the entire tour in the persons of Francis, Evelyne, and Katell who organized over 100 people to the point that we felt the tour group was much smaller and personal than it really was. We were assigned through color-coding to one of three buses. Be forewarned that most of the people on the tour were late middle-age. If this is generally typical of the tours themselves (and I think it may be), you will not find a late-night party scene. The Rhone, itself, is a quiet, tamed river where the scenery is not as outstanding as the Rhine, but it is nevertheless interesting because of the towns visited and the fact that a boat tour enables you to be in one room for a week. The boat was clean and well-run, meals were excellent, and the lower deck rooms were perfectly adequate so that you could pat yourself on the back for saving the money that you would have paid for the upper deck lodgings. The boat started in Arles, and stopped in Avignon, Viviers, Tournon, and continued to Chalon-sur-Saone where we took a side-trip to Beaune in Burgundy, which we would also recommend. We took the TGV (fast train) to Paris after touring Lyon, which is worth seeing. In Paris we lodged at the Sofitel Paris Forum Rive Gauche, which was well-located for transportation and restaurants, but needs some renovation, which surprised me. Our side-trips while in Paris included Giverny (Monet's home) where the gardens were still in bloom and we ate in a rustic old mill - highly recommended - and Montmartre. I had wanted to do Montmartre on our own, but I was glad my wife talked me into taking the option because of the lunch in a restaurant on the square (Onion soup, hard cider and crepes) and the ground we covered with our excellent guide, a young man who had a wry sense of humor and had spent enough time in the States to be familiar with our slang. On our free day in Paris we walked around the Louvre area (having visited the Louvre on a previous trip) and the area of St. Denis. Much of Paris is clean and beautiful. In our opinion, the Metro is easier to use than the Washington, DC Metro. As we have previously traveled on our own, I've found that some knowledge of basic French is useful. At the end of our tour, our guide, Katell, accompanied us to the airport and saw us through the ticket counter. Of all the tours we've taken, this was a much appreciated first!

Sofitel Paris Forum Riv Gauche

by aliang

I know this is asked many times, but I was unable to filter and look for the answers on VT. Can anyone give me some input on this hotel? This is the one on 17 Boulevard St. Jacques. Is it convenient to the attractions? What train can I take from CDG to this hotel? Is it safe around there at night? And anything else you can think of. Thank you so much.

Re: Sofitel Paris Forum Riv Gauche

by GUYON

1/ From CDG airport take RER line B.
Stop at Denfert Rochereau.
Transfer metro line 6 Direction Nation and stop at the 1st station : St Jacques. If your luggage is not too heavy you can walk from place Denfert to your hotel.

2/ Attractions : the only attraction near your hotel are les Catacombes if you are interested in bones.
I suggest to choose a more centraly located hotel in the 5 or 6 arrondissements.

3/ Safety : no problem in this area.

Have a good stay

RAY

by aliang

Thank you so much for your information. Unfortunately, we have no choice as to the place we are staying. I got this hotel through Priceline. Since I am so far away from the main attractions, I think I should buy one of those 5 day metro passes. Do you think that is a good idea?

by GUYON

If your stay begins on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday the best choice is to buy the weekly carte orange which gives you unlimited rides from Monday to Sunday for the half price of a 5 days pass.
You need an ID photo.
The carte orange can be bought at every station (as the Pass)

by aliang

We will be arriving on Thursday afternoon. I guess we can not buy that pass. Thanks again.

by GUYON

You will arrive too late to buy the carte orange but you can buy a 5 days pass.
The price is around 26 euros for zones 1 & 2 (Paris and its surrounding) - Carte orange = 13 E ca.

Sofitel Paris Porte de Sèvres hotel

by miledi

i've read some really bad reviews of this hotel. Any comments?
Is there anything to do in the area within a walking distance from a hotel?

RE: Sofitel Paris Porte de Sèvres hotel

by bubba4783

tons of awful reviews at TripAdvisor
I love reading bad reviews :-)

RE: RE: Sofitel Paris Porte de Sèvres hotel

by CALSF

Oh wow, the hotel is rated #1122 on Trip Advisor. That's pretty lousy. Porte de Sevres is in the 15th district. It's close to Roland Garros Stadium and the nearest landmark is the Eiffel Tower.

RE: RE: Sofitel Paris Porte de Sèvres hotel

by nygaston

I will recommand the Sofitel near Place Clichy, and Montmartre.

Comments