Le Lausanne

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Paris

Elisa dancing salsaElisa dancing salsa

Model of 110 gun vessel - 1720Model of 110 gun vessel - 1720

The Art Nouveau façade - Apr 2010The Art Nouveau façade - Apr 2010

Pont Alexandre IIIPont Alexandre III

Parais to Giverny in April (22)

by sheelk

I am planning a day trip on Thursday, April 22, from Paris to Giverny via the train and then bus to Giverny.
(1) Is it safe for a senior lady to travel alone;
(2) How much of the gardens will be in bloom at that time?
(3) How much time should I allow before my return train to Paris?
(4) What is the entry fee to the house and gardens?

Many thanks for your help.
Sh

Re: Parais to Giverny in April (22)

by leics

1. Yes.

2. The spring flowers should be in bloom, and the whole garden 'picking up' after the winter. There is a flowering calendar here;

3. Been decades since I visited (on an organised tour) so can't help.....but always allow more time than you think you will need. This page tells you how to get to Giverny (in English):

4. You'll find everything you need to know about entrances etc in English here:

Re: Parais to Giverny in April (22)

by livmiller

Yes, it is as safe as you can be in this crazy world. I don;t hesitate at all in France, I probably feel safer there then here.
I travel to Paris a lot and have done a few day trips, one was
by train t Honfleur (where I stayed overnight), it was great. No worry, I am also a single woman. Do also try to go to Rouen. My trips out of Paris has been to Deuville, Rouen, Versaille and Giverny,

Enjoy

Travel Tips for Paris

Sit under the Eiffel Tower and...

by skywardblue

Sit under the Eiffel Tower and watch as the world passes by. If you sit there long enough, you'll eventually meet someone, albeit mostly other tourists, but hey thats alright. Who knows you might even see someone you already know! 1) Is laying flat on my back in front of the Le Sorbonne at 3am in the morning with one of my buddies feeling better then I can remember...

2) Watching the laser show/pagent at versialles

3) Carrying my laudry on Le Metro during rush hour

Avenue des Champs Elysees

by lolitajane

Oh! Champs Elysees, I felt I was dreaming. I still remember my high school French teacher reading the book and taking us lessons about "Places in Paris" --I always thought "Will I ever see it"? Well, I did. What can I say about Champs Elysees...There's Fashion, Beauty, Different Cultures, Trendy Shops, Cafes, Restaurants, Parks, Memorials, Monuments, Fonts, The Arc du Triomphe, that's all you can see while walking along that wooded long street...And that means a lot, doesn't it?

Chance Encounter in the Tuileries Gardens

by CALSF

It was our first visit in 1991 and we were walking in the Tuileries Gardens just passing the time and admiring the statuary. We stopped for a rest and noticed a jogger circling us for about ten minutes.

Finally he decided to approach us. He wanted to know if we were from the Philippines. Well, one of us was from there. The jogger was amazed for he was wearing a T-shirt saying something about France/Philippines ministries. It turned out that he was the priest, Fr. Philippe Perrouchet, of St. Germain l' Auxerrois across from the gardens. He invited us to attend the evening mass, but unfortunately we were not able to do so. We sent Xmas cards to each other that year and the following, but have lost contact since. Very nice memory indeed.

Parks

by MedioLatino

Locals (and also tourist of course) take good advantage of the nice parks of the city. Should it be Champ de Mars near the Tour Eiffel, the Jardin du Trocadero in front of the Tower, The Jardin de Luxembourg or any other park, they will be there if the weather allows it!

And why not follow them, it's a great opportunity to have some rest! :)

Locals show their favourite spots

by sucesso

In Paris, some locals, usually freelance journalists, fotographers, designers etc..make themselves available to show their favourite local views, bars, restaurants, shops and little secrets.
Definetly a different way to see the city , outside the mass tourism scenes.
www.rentalocalfriend.com