Le Marceau Bastille

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Paris

1st R Arrondissement - Louvre1st R Arrondissement - Louvre

Jardin des Plantes (Galerie de Zoologie)Jardin des Plantes (Galerie de Zoologie)

The rose windowThe rose window

Tour Eiffel Shimmering in the darkTour Eiffel Shimmering in the dark

AMEX location

by losham

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is another American Express office in addition to the one at 11 Rue Scribe? We have always rcd the best rate of exchange at an AMEX office whereas Travelex (at the airports) gave us the lowest.

Also does anyone know if the Pyrimides Welcome Center is the only Tourist office open in October. The various websites seem to indicate that most are closed after September.

And most important of all we hope any transit strike – should it occur — will be over by Oct 8th.

Thanks for all the info all of you have given me.

Losham

Re: AMEX location

by cgf

you did not think rate of exchange could be changed since you were at airport, did you? It happened this week USD lost a little bit against EUR.

Re: AMEX location

by losham

Pedmar-thanks for reminding me that we can use the ATM - without any commission fees -since we have an account in HSBC which we use especially when we travel. And Paris has HSBCs for us to easily get to.

cgf - Thanks but I'm sorry I don't understand your reply.

Losham

Travel Tips for Paris

Looking for something in Paris? Hotel, Restaurant?

by Muarrij

Whilst in Paris I realised that rather than using the default engines like Expedia etc. Its better to use the local Yellow Pages! Which is called PAGESJAUNES!

You can use this online ... www.pagesjaunes.fr

Hotel prices are sometimes cheaper if you ring them up direct and you can search using districts!

Eyewitness Travel Guide - Paris

by GracesTrips

If you are going to Paris for the first time - this is the book to have and really the only book you need. It has everything in it from all the sightseeing information, maps, hotels, restaurants, clothing sizes and much more. Even a brief description on common things you need to ask for in French. Costs about $22.50 - I actually wrote in my book (map part) to remind myself what I wanted to see once I was there.
When in Paris, I encountered other American tourists with this book in hand.

BODY...

by neopetsfan

BODY {SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR:#FFCCFF;SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-SHADOW COLOR:#FF99FF; SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR:#CC99FF; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR:#FFCCFF;SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR:#FF99FF}
Well, If you take a good look at this picture you'll find a clue of when I was there :P

The Interiors Of Saint Merry Church...

by coceng

These are the photos that I took inside Saint Merry Church, located in Le Marais area, near George Pompidou Centre...
I was walking in that area, on my own while Patrick, Alain & Adele were having drinks at a Parisien Cafe...The exterior of this church, it was shabby, hence not easy to find it.
I guess I stumbled upon it...

For those traveling on to Brittany...

by skywalkerbeth

There is La Maison de Bretagne at 203 Boulevard St. Germain. This is a good place to check out tourist info if you are heading to Brittany from Paris as they seem to cover all aspects of a holiday in Brittany.

Comments