Le Meurice Paris

Le Meurice
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 102% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Spectacular

We stayed with 2 families...5 kids under 8. They were great with the kids. If you can afford get a room that faces rue de Rivoli...that is the street the hotel is on...it overloooks the city. We have stayed in a couple other of the high end hotels and although the decor might be better in the others...maybe...Le Meurice has the best view period. They were wonderful with the kids. Very very expensive. We will stay at Le Meurice on our next trip forsure. Perfectly located in town everything was a walk away.

• thinking's Profile Photo

Magnificent, Parisian Hotel in central Paris

My stay here was perfect!
    Le Meurice is a magnificent Parisian hotel with lavish interiors, located in central Paris opposite Jardin des Tuileries, and two kilometres from the Eiffel Tower. The 160 guestrooms are decorated with rich fabrics and opulent furnishings.

Room amenities include air conditioning, cable television with pay movies, VCRs, high-speed Internet connections, minibars, and multi-line phones with voicemail. Large marble bathrooms are complete with a separate walk-in shower and deep-soak bath.

Unique Quality: The 3,000-square-foot health spa is decorated in marble, stone and glass and features sophisticated beauty treatments and massages, as well as steam baths, saunas and a hot tub. The hotel also boasts the world's first vinotherapie spa.

But those who prefer to drink wine rather than enjoy its cleansing qualities can select from the range of fine wines, cognacs and cocktails in the lavishly-decorated Bar Fontainebleau, with dark-wood furnishings, smooth leather upholstery and hand-painted murals.

Guests can choose between two restaurants:

Le Meurice is a two Michelin Star Restaurant and serves gourmet French cuisine in a dining hall with mosaic floors, a hand-painted ceiling, and Louis XVI crystal chandeliers;

Le Jardin d'Hiver offers traditional French cuisine under a century-old Art Nouveau-style glass roof with doors, with live jazz from 5 PM to midnight.

The concierge can organise laptop computers as well as secretarial and translation services and there are four meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 400 guests.

Located in central Paris, the hotel is within easy walking distance to a number of attractions: The Tuileries Garden is directly opposite the hotel. Guests can visit the magnificent gothic Notre Dame Cathedral and climb the Eiffel Tower, both two kilometres away.

The hotel is five kilometres from Gare du Nord, and 35 kilometres from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.

Directions: Opposite the Tuileries

• Paris' Top Hotel

I have stayed here many times, and I have chosen the Meurice after trying every other "high-end" hotel in my 50+ trips to Paris. From the time the doorman opens your cab door on your arrival to the time he closes the door on your departure, everything is perfect. Service!
    Atmosphere! Absolutely the best. Price? Yyou better go to to your bank and take out a loan and mortgage before you go to the Meurice.

Unique Quality: Great location for seeing Paris or doing business in Paris.

Directions: Rue de Rivoli

More about Le Meurice Paris

Avoid the restaurant "Le Meurice"

by TripAdvisor Member niceguy1966

The Restaurant "Le Meurice" inside the hotel was a major disapointment. We spent a weekend in Paris to celebrate my birthday, and the highlight was to be a meal at the Restaurant "Le Meurice" as this was listed as one of the top 25 restaurants in the world in a recent survey. We had eaten at several of the other restaurents included in the list, and had always been very satisfied.

It all started well with wonderful decor and champagne to start, but when the food arrived, things started to go wrong.

Maybe I picked a poor selection from the menu, but two of my dishes were accompanied by very dull pasta. If it wasn't shop bought dried pasta, it might as well have been. I've had fantastic home made ravioli and other pastas at other restaurents, and couldn't believe how plain and tasteless these side dishes were (one was meant to be served with "truffle oil", but I couldn't detect any). My wife ordered a King Prawn dish to start, which she said was cold and raw. She ate less than 1/3. The waiter did ask if there was a problem, but when told what the problem was, replied that it was "lightly poached" and was meant to be like this.

Mains courses were slightly better (at least my wife managed to eat hers), but still unexciting. My jugged hare ("Lievre Royale") had a good flavour, but there was too much of one thing. I expect more variety on my plate at a restaurant of this standard.

Deserts were the highlight, and were of a standard I would have hoped for throughout the meal.

On the way out, the head waiter asked if we had enjoyed the meal, and my wife said that she hadn't enjoyed her first course, but as with the first waiter, he didn't seem to really care. He said something like "oh well, what a shame".

We had a much better experience the next day, at a third of the price at a restaurant that didn't have a "reputation", but seemed to know that good service and good food are more important that gilt and wallpaper.

By all means stay at the hotel, but eat somewhere else.

VINOTHERAPIE AT LE MEURICE

by thinking

These spa treatments are absolutely unique.
They combine the virtues of naturally warm spring water taken from a depth of 540 metres underground, rich in minerals and oligo-elements, with vine and grape extracts.

Grape extracts have a high concentration of polyphenols, which help fight against free radicals, what are 80% responsible for ageing. Furthermore, these extracts strengthen blood vessels and enhance micro-circulation.

For each treatment, they use a Caudalie beauty care product containing grape polyphenols.
These products were Created in conjunction with Professor Vercauteren and his research team at the Bordeaux Faculty of Pharmacy. These products have been acclaimed by doctors and surgeons around the world thanks to their outstanding qualities.

Good; not great

by TripAdvisor Member mynameisjonc

I stayed at the Meurice for a night before staying at the Plaza Atheneé for 3 nights. (not that I did not like it; I just wanted to stay in the Plaza all the long, except that for that one night the prices were sky high because of the fashion show. I had a good corporate rate of 300 Euros, and even then, I found that the Meurice could be better for the amount I paid (can't imagine how much people paid on normal rate).
The service was good. It was a very light drizzle and the doormen scrambled and covered us with fancy umbrellas, as well as taking care of the luggage. When we went inside, it wasn't as impressive as I thought though; the lobby could be a little better, it was definitely not "wow. Concierge was polite, helpful and good.
The rooms were not too bad; okay size but nice big bathrooms. Nice lcd screen too. The beds are nice a soft (may be too soft for some thoguh) and overall speaking, comfortable. The room size could be bigger though, and although the rooms are well decorated, it was not, again, "wow". There are different rooms though; (I stayed at a standrad room).
Location was not bad unless you're shopping for designer brands, but otherwise, it's a fair walk to attractions and decent shops.
Would I stay here again? maybe: if I get a better rate and better rooms. Le Meurice is not bad, but definitely could improve.

Great Hotel, Wonderful Service, Very High Beverage/Food Prices

by TripAdvisor Member LAXnut

My daughter and I (she's 23, I'm 51) just returned from a 7-night stay at the Le Meurice Hotel in Paris. I selected this hotel because of it's great location by the Louvre, I wanted excellent concierge service, and wanted to splurge with luxury since this was a trip to celebrate my daughter's graduation from art school.
I was very nervous about how we would spend the evenings since my daughter likes to party and I'm a homebody. I enlisted the concierge's help about a month before the trip to plan tours and evening activities. The concierge who assisted me was a young woman, so she was able to relate to my requirement for "fun" restaurants and evening activities for the two of us. I spoke with the concierge several times before the trip and she emailed and faxed me suggestions and a detailed itinerary. The result included excellent seats to the opera at Opera Bastille, tickets to the ballet at Opera Garnier, a 6-day museum pass, lunch reservations at Jules Vernon in the Eiffle tower, a private tour of the Louvre with an art expert, a small group tour of Giverny and Versailles and dinner reservations for each evening. She also provided us with a map highlighting of the best shopping streets in the various areas that were likely to interest both of us.

The hotel itself and facilities were very good. We stayed on a non-smoking floor which had no trace of smoke. All of the fabrics and furnishings were wonderful and make you appreciate the style even if you aren't a Louis XIV style lover. The room was perfect for the two of us. It was great that we each had our own closet and area for drawers. My daughter used the gym everyday and had a massage on one day. She thought those facilities and services were very excellent, though it became obvious that nudity is common in France. I was very pleased with the facilities overall. This is a beautiful hotel.

We dined in their more casual restaurant (The Winter Garden) the evening of our arrival, which was perfect after the long travel. The food and service were very good. I debated on selecting our room type whether to include the full American breakfast or not. For that long of a stay I ended up using the lowest room rate for the week days, and used a package for the weekend (which included a full breakfast). If you are going to stay here, I would recommend that you include the full american breakfast. This will be your best price option. The individual breakfast food prices are outrageous. We had an unplanned lunch in The Winter Garden one day. I was surprised that their lunch menu was the same as the dinner menu, though I was appreciative of the ability to only order a main course and have lunch in under one hour.

My biggest dissapointment with this hotel was the cost of coffee and a diet coke. It wasn't that I couldn't afford the $9euro diet coke, it just made me angry, as did the $10euro coffee price. I guess this keeps the riff raff from stopping in for a drink.

I would definately stay here again. My husband and I stayed at the Plaza Athenee 5 years ago and I like the location of the Le Meurice much better. The service seemed equal. Next time I may try The Crillion, or maybe a small notch downward. I prefer to stay away from stuffy attitudes and judgemental staff. The staff at the LeMeurice generally was very outgoing, service oriented, and tolerant of my daughter's self-expressive California artist appearance.

loved the Meurice

by TripAdvisor Member tasdiwine

Just returned from a stay at the Meurice.I have never been treated so well. We were able to get a upgrade because it was our aniversary. They gave us a room with a balcony overlooking the garden and the Eiffel tower. What a view. They also sent up a bottle of champagne along with some other treats. I would definitely stay here again and the location is great. We walked everywhere. Our package which we obtained from their website included breakfast and the breakfast is served in their two star restaurant so the service was incredible, food was great and we felt like we were having dinner.

Beautiful but disappointing

We stayed for a week over New Years. Our first room smelled very bad and an attempt was made to disguise it using plug in air freshner. The second room had a shower that did not drain and needed repair. The waitress in the Jardin D'HIver forgot to serve my glass of wine. Several errors in my bill. The decor is beautiful and I like the location. The conceirge service is excellent. This was my fifth trip to Europe this year and my third to Paris. The standards and attention to detail at this price should be higher.

Wonderful service- excellent location

My daughter and I stayed here for seven nights the week of the Tour de France. What can I say the staff was awesome. The rooms were small but very nice and spotless. The food at the resturant was good but not awesome--we had better dining experiences outside of the hotel. The hotel is centrally located and had no trouble accessing the cabs or the trains. All in all a delightful stay.

Le MeuriceLe Meurice

Le Meurice HotelLe Meurice Hotel

Rstaurant in the Palais Royale

by Malcolm_Ostermeyer

Can anyone help me with the name of a lovely restaurant in the Palais Royale? If you're standing with your back to the Louvre it's on ther left-hand side, about half-way down. It has tables and chairs aoutsied in the summer. I was theer with a girlfriend years ago, and now that she's my wife I want to surprise her with another visit!
Many thanks,
Malcolm

Re: Rstaurant in the Palais Royale

by Hamster_Huey

Try to see if you can locate it using this tool:

type place du palais royal in the second text field on the left.
You'll see a photograph of the location with a map on the right showing you were you are. You can use the arrows below the photo to virtually "walk" around. ee if you find the restaurant...

Re: Re: Rstaurant in the Palais Royale

by Hamster_Huey

Could be either:
Restaurant le Meurice
228 RUE DE RIVOLI 75001 PARIS

Re: Re: Rstaurant in the Palais Royale

by jpthe2nd

Malcom....

i have no advice..... just a word for ya..... you rock - that's a great cause. you're the man.

peace - matty