Le Quartier Bastille - Faubourg

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Rated 17% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Paris

The master bathroomThe master bathroom

View from Montmatre/Sacre CoeurView from Montmatre/Sacre Coeur

Full view of no. 14Full view of no. 14

Notre DameNotre Dame

Sunday night dining

by jemima62

Ok, here's the latest challenge for our trip next weekend! On Sunday we will have spent the entire day at Eurodisney and will, I expect be tired and footsore. However as we are in a hotel in the Bagnolet area I'm not expecting there to be many options around there for dinner, especially on a Sunday night, and I don't want to be stuck in the hotel.

If I can persuade my weary companions to get on the metro for a couple of stops can anyone recommend somewhere near either Place Gambetta or Pere Lachaise metro where we could get a decent meal? We're not talking gourmet here, steak frites will do nicely!

Thank you.

by leanneedwards

there are a couple of nice looking restaurants right at the Pere lachaise metro I did not eat there but the food looked good and there was a mix of locals and tourists.. the cemetary is quite unique and worth a visit... I went for the first time this summer and am glad I went after it being on my list for several trips! Enjoy

by jemima62

Thank you both. Pedro, Le Chantefable looks like an excellent suggestion, open Sundays and easy to get to - great!

by Paris92

That looks like a great place, Pedro! I don't want to hijack this thread but since it happens to be on their menu, can you explain the A.A.A.A.A. next to the andouillette? I know what it stands for literally, but what does it really mean (if it means anything at all!)?

by Paris92

So it's like a rating system, right? Interesting.

Have a great lunch, Pedro!

Travel Tips for Paris

For those not of a too sleepy nature!

by annedomcasey

I've been to Paris several times, my first trip being with a bus full of excited teens one of whom believed an electricity pylon in Le Harve was the Eiffel Tower!
The best bit of advice I can give anyone going there is be willing to not be in a rush, have a comfortable pair of shoes and take your time. If you want to go to see the Mona Lisa get up early and get the metro to The Louvre for about ten am otherwise you will be standing outside among the zillion bus tours that decend en mass.
Likewise, if you want to go up the Eiffel Tower then go late.....it stays open till eleven or half past and the view of the city at night is breathtaking....tho a little cold so wrap up warm and maybe indulge in a little apres chocolat chaud ( that's hot chocolate not anything rude!).
Oh, and just like anywhere else don't be afraid to eat as the locals do and where they do!
Two musts for me every time are Les Invalides and The Opera Garnier I hope you enjoy your trip. Once I was there with a group of six friends, it was evening we were tired and we decided to go to the Sacre Couer that evening to eat in one of the little restaurants in the area...for those not in the know it's a cathedral built on a steep hill....I had my portrait done there when I was fourteen.....it's pretty winding alleys and tree lined square make it an area I like returning to.....anyway back to the story.....Having not been there for a few years I couldn't remember which stop to get out of the metro so we went one too far and ended up walking up to the cathedral from the side....Not one to try in a rush....we all ended up with stitches in our sides....thankfully they thought it was worth it! Here in Ireland we have a mountain called Croagh Patrick which is walked up barefoot much in the same way any Catholic would do the stations of the cross and this walk put us all in mind of that!

Paris ATM Scam

by parisscam

See the Eiffel Tower and send mail from the top!

Bring your postcards, complete with spare envelopes to the top of the tower. It is cheaper to send an envelope with a card in it, and from the top of the tower, you can pay for the postage and the stamp will say "Eiffel Tower, Paris" La Roger les Grenouilles

Awesome restaurant, but pretty hard to find!

see http://www.rogerlagrenouille.com/ or go to 28, rue des Grands augustins - 75006 PARIS Réservations : 01 56 24 24 34

This restaurant is so much fun, and reasonable. You might find a hint of a vegetable in their dishes, and the Nougat dessert is the best we tasted in Paris.

Bon appetite!

BODY...

by neopetsfan

BODY {SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR:#FFCCFF;SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-SHADOW COLOR:#FF99FF; SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR:#CC99FF; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR:#FFCCFF;SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR:#FF99FF}
A view of the wonderfull parade, I enjoyed it alot :D

Romantic city

by TinKan

Paris is known as a romantic city and the locals like to think that they are the best lovers and know all about romance. (This is their opinion and each person is entitled to their own opinion)

Take a walk aroung the Eiffel tower area, down the tree lined streets and see how romantic this city can be.

IIIrd - Don't forget your rights !!!

by Maillekeukeul

France, country of the human rights, etc... Here they are, these famous human rights : the "Declaration Universelle des Droits et des Devoirs de l'Homme et du Citoyen" (universal declaration of human and citizen rights and obligations), voted in 1789... We have been the first country to declare them, I would love that we be the first country to apply them TOTALLY !!!

Comments