Le Walt Hotel Paris

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Terrific 7th Arrondissement hotel

We loved staying at the Le Walt Hotel and will stay there again when we return to Paris. Starting with the staff, we were greeted and welcomed the moment we stepped into the hotel by a smiling desk man. The check in process was quick and easy.

Our room (603) was located on the top floor of the building. We faced the inner courtyard which, while not providing stunning views, was quiet and pleasant. The room had character with the big windows and the mansard rooflines. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom spacious and clean and the decor pleasant.

There is a bar and seating in the courtyard for those that would like to relax with a glass of wine or cocktail. The breakfast room was right off the lobby and provided a nice breakfast with many choices to start your day.

The staff was very helpful in making recommendations for dinner and helping with reservations. The hotel was a good value for the price and we would definitely recommend it to others.

Unique Quality: One of the best things about the hotel is its proximity to everything. Mere steps from the Ecole Militaire Metro station, less than a block away from several restaurants and sites, plus about 100 meters from the Champ de Mars. Location, location, location!

More about Le Walt Hotel Paris

Loving Le Walt

by TripAdvisor Member five2goBarrie_Canada

My wife and i stayed at Le Walt for a week in early May and just loved it! The staff were absolutely great, and tried to help out with whatever we needed. The rooms are quaint and small, but everything was clean and new. It is a 30 second walk away from the Ecole Militaire metro stop... and you can get anywhere from there... We tended to walk a lot, and it was a great home base for the week. There is a market across the street to grab whatever you need, and it is a block away from rue Cler where the market takes place on Saturdays. Overall, i think it was great and wouldn't hesitate going back again...

Wonderful Le Walt

by TripAdvisor Member MeganQ

We stayed at Hotel Le Walt for 7 nights in July of 2005. Our experience there was fantastic. We booked the trip through Expedia and called the week before to confirm the reservation. We found the hotel staff to be knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to help. Although we speak French, their English was excellent. Although we did not eat there, this hotel has a small restaurant and 24-hour room service. Our room was spacious for European standards. The bathroom facilities were very modern and comfortable...the towel warmer was a nice touch. Very comfortable bed and our TV had a variety of television stations in different languages. The mini-bar was well-stocked although it still contained room to chill beverages purchased at the supermarket across the street. We had a slight view of the Eiffel Tower even though we were on the first floor. The location of this hotel can't be beat--we were just steps away from the Ecole Militaire Metro stop. The neighborhood is very safe and includes several great cafes and a charming outdoor market. This hotel is highly recommended - we will return!

Loved le Walt

by TripAdvisor Member yma7956

My husband and I stayed at le Walt for 4 nights, July 13th through the 17th in a Deluxe room booked through Expedia. Hotel was lovely, clean, we had a large room and it was air conditioned. I liked the oil paintings as headboards. Pictures on the official website are very accurate of what the rooms and common areas look like. It was nice to have a picture of what the front of the hotel looked like too so that we knew what to look for as we walked out of the metro station. The hotel staff spoke english well (except for the night guy) and was very helpful, you have to pay to use the internet in the common area, but we never needed to use it because the staff would look up anything you needed to know for you at the desk. They even called Versailles for us to see if it would be open since it was Bastille Day, a national holiday, checked the hours of the Louvre since there are some nights it is open late, and found 2 laundry facilities close to the hotel. (It was a bit too expensive for us to send out the laundry since it turned out to be about $6 to wash one pair of jeans with the conversion rate.) We walked to the Amelie Laverie which was about 3 minutes away at the most and ate our breakfast that we bought at the Boulanger Patissier that is just down the street from le Walt while we did our laundry. We highly recommend the frambosine. Yummy! I loved being that close to the 'Tour Eiffel'. Metro station so close was very convienent, the stop is Ecole Militaire. We didn't have a view of the Eiffel Tower from our room, but we also didn't request one, we had requested a non smoking room and had read that there are only 4 of them in the hotel, we decided we would rather have non smoking. We did have a view of the street and it was fun to watch everyone leaving from the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower on Bastille Day. We watched the fireworks from a parking lot rather than the Champs de Mar since it was less crowded and were able to quickly get back to the hotel. The night clerk had locked the front doors for security reasons (which I appreciated) but was there immediately to let us and another couple in. Several people have left reviews that it was such a loud hotel, I don't feel that it was that loud. On the first floor we could hear/feel when the metro trains would leave the station since they were right beneath the hotel, I didn't notice it on the ground floor or when we were on the street, just in our room, but it wasn't bad at all. Plus trains stop running about 1am so it wasn't all night. The loudest thing we had to deal with was the cafe that is next door on Bastille Day, there were still people at the tables at 2:30am. Overall this hotel was a beautiful and friendly place to stay. I would definately recommend it to anyone wanting to stay close to the Eiffel Tower and in a modern botique hotel. And yes, it has private bathrooms. Also the Le Tourville restraunt on the corner was fantastic, just ignore any of the military students sitting behind you trying to start an argument about America.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member braids01

We just returned from a four night stay at the Hotel le Walt in Paris. The first thing we noticed was the friendliness of the front desk staff. Their English was excellent. They were very helpful guiding us to the various attractions that we wanted to see. The room was of nice size with a small desk and two chairs with a small table. There was a very nice bathroom. My only complaint is the airconditioning would not go below 24 degrees. We would have preferred it to be cooler. However, the streets were not noisy at night and we could have left our windows open without a problem. This is in the Rue Cler area which is a favorite of Rick Steves. It has about everything as far as food markets. The Effiel Tower was about a four block walk through a park. The metro was right outside the front door. It you want a four star hotel, I would recommend this without hesitation.

Watch out for the Bait and Switch

We booked the Le Walt through Expedia after extensive research. The location seemed ideal, with the Rue Cler around the corner and the Metro right outside the door. We arrived to be told that the previous occupants of our room trashed it and that the painters had to be called in. I had read reviews of other hotels doing this, but was still somehow not prepared for it. We were told that we now had a reservation at their sister hotel, which according to the young woman behind the counter was just "50 meters" from the Le Walt. I might not be an MIT professor, but the Marquis Hotel is much farther than 50 meters. While the quality of Le Marquis was fine, it was not what I had booked. When we arrived at Le Marquis - not nearly as charming or well-situated an area, there was another group of people checking in that had been bumped as well. That must have been some party at the Le Walt. I will not book at this hotel when I return to Paris.

Fantastic Stay at a Great Price but be Careful

by TripAdvisor Member MrBedframe

We stayed five nights at the Le Walt last month and were very pleased with everything. The facilities are excellent. We found our room to be very spacious and comfortable. We stayed on the sixth floor and enjoyed the Eiffel Tower view. Ask for room 601, it's great.

Be careful you don't get stuck in room 701 or 702. Those two rooms are in the back of the first floor, have no view, no light and are very small. Take any other room first. We were there the first night and were able to transfer out with a little persuasion.

Great location, excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member TNGirl

My mother and I stayed at the Le Walt in August. We booked the room through Expedia and had no trouble with the hotel honoring our reservation. The room was spotlessly clean and charmingly decorated. The beds were very comfortable and the linens were crisp and clean. Paris was not very hot the week we visited but the hotel's a/c worked properly whenever we needed it. The bathroom was clean and modern, and included a towel warmer, a hairdryer, plush towels, and very nice toiletries (including a loofah mitt). Bathrobes were available on request. The mini bar was fully stocked but there was plenty of room for us to keep our own beverages inside. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning up the room promptly every day. The hotel has 15 dvds (most with the option of playing in English) which are available to check out free of charge. Several English channels were available on the television.
The Ecole Militaire metro station is 10 steps from the door of the hotel, making metro travel very convenient. The Rue Cler is a block away from the hotel, and this is where we went most mornings to pick up picnic supplies and have coffee at one of the cafes, as there are many shops on this street (cheese shop, olive oil store, meat shop, Italian food shop, boulangerie, grocery store, etc). The 7th arr., where the hotel is located, was quiet compared to many of the other areas of Paris we visited, but we never felt unsafe or threatened. There is not much nightlife close by, but this makes for a better night's sleep!
The hotel staff always welcomed us with a smile and were eager and willing to help. When my mother lost her passport on our last day, the woman at the front desk made many phone calls for us, helped us call the U.S. Embassy, called a taxi for us, and allowed us to make some long distance phone calls free of charge. Thanks to her help, my mother got a replacement passport and we still made it to the airport in time for our flight home! The Le Walt was perfect for our stay in Paris and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

excellent

what can you say - excellent hotel - ask for a 6th floor room and get a view of the eiffel tower at night - brilliant. Rooms smallish - but not too small, bathrooms ultra modern decor and paintings in room nice touches.
staff superb - metro right outside the door. Paris isnt cheap - but your not going for cheapness!
stay here for a real treat.

Best ever!

by TripAdvisor Member JulieNotts

This must be the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff met us at the door to take the luggage and quickly booked us in. The room was quite large by Paris standards, nicely decorated and with a huge bed. The bathroom was modern, well equipped and spotlessly clean, as was the whole hotel. Breakfast was excellent and the service great - all the staff have very good English and seem genuinely anxious to please without being intrusive. The metro is just outside the door and if you get a room high up you have a view of the Eiffel Tower which is about 5 minutes walk away. This is not a cheap hotel, but worth every penny. I'd definitely stay there again.

Just Brilliant!!

by TripAdvisor Member peak_46

I can't add to much much to the last comments. Just had a fantastic weekend stay there. The location could not be better with the metro stop just outside. The staff when we needed them (which wasnt often) were just great. I'd recommend going out for breakfast only because its so nice to watch the world go by. Take a stroll to the Dome cafe which is just off the avenue looking up to the Eifel Tower.

The restuarant outside the hotel serves a great mixed grill too!

I would recommend this as a really ideal hotel for a short break, immaculately clean, well decorated and superbly positioned.

House boats on the Seine, ParisHouse boats on the Seine, Paris

A gargoyle of Notre DameA gargoyle of Notre Dame

Souvenir shops.....Souvenir shops.....

The former Palais des Tuileries - the ruinsThe former Palais des Tuileries - the ruins

Le Walt Hotel, 8th District, Left Bank

by exquisitey

Hello Everyone!

This is my first time to Paris! My husband and I are staying for 3 nights. Our plans are Dinner or Lunch at the Eiffel (which do you suggest?), Buddha Bar, Ice Bar, and budget shopping (please let me know what areas). We were thinking of staying at Le Walt Hotel. Is this a centralized enough location for us?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Le Walt Hotel, 8th District, Left Bank

by Roadquill

Wow - great reviews on tripadvisor.com (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d290385-Reviews-Hotel_Le_Walt-Paris_Ile_de_France.html) It is plenty centralized. There are two restaurants in ET, Altitude 95 (high end) and Jules Verne (way high end) My understanding is that lunch is relatively easy to get at 95 with only a few days advance. JV is usually booked well in advance. I don't know if JV is open for lunch. I would imagine they would have a website. I generally have the concerierge (or desk clerk as the case may be) book my restaurant reservations for me. Just curious why the Buddha Bar when there are so many other better Paris places to go. If you like jazz, the jazz caves on rue Huchette and rue Galande (both by Blvd St. Michel) are great Paris things to do. Also, many of the churches have wonderful music concerts (organ, choral, etc.) Usually just a donation. Have a great time. Karl

RE: RE: Le Walt Hotel, 8th District, Left Bank

by exquisitey

Thanks for your sugestions Roadquill.

Well, Le Walt suddenly hiked up their prices, so now I'm back to square 1. What other centralized area can we stay at?

About Buddha Bar, I have a lot of their cd's and was curious about the place itself.

I will check out the website of the places you mentioned including the jazz bar.

Again, thanks!

RE: RE: Le Walt Hotel, 8th District, Left Bank

by nygaston

These places are famous and quite touristy, then you will need budget shopping, for sure !

Comments