Les Jardins du Marais

74 rue Amelot, (formerly Home Plazza Bastille), Paris, Ile-de-France, 75011, France

Hotel Les Jardins du Marais
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Worst Hotel Ever

I reserved a room at Les Jardins du Marais after searching for weeks for a nice hotel with a fitness center in the Marais district. From the web site and comments, it seemed like a decent place to stay with professional staff. I checked into the hotel on the scheduled date of arrival, at 8:30 in the morning and left my bags while I went out for the day. When I returned to the hotel that night, I was told that the room I had reserved and paid for in full, was no longer available. This was after I had already checked into the hotel. There is no excuse for this. When customers reserve and pay for their rooms that hotel is obligated to honor that booking. I don't care if other guests want to extend their stay--if they have no free rooms, they shouldn't arbitrarily cancel other guests ' bookings in order to give priority to guests who have not reserved rooms already. Clearly reservations, even those paid in advance, are not honored or guaranteed at this hotel.

• Robbed!!!Money stolen from the safe in the room!!!

On the 18/05/2011, our hotel room was robbed, the adress of the hotel is 74, rue Amelot-75011 Paris, hotel “LES JARDIN DU MARAIS”, 4 STARS! When we returned from the town and checked the safe - it was open, the money was gone. Totally 1000 $ and 400 Euros.
    We called the receptionist and filled out the declaration, but stuff of the hotel refused to call the police and told that the manager,who is responsible for those issues will be in the hotel just on the nex day at 9 a.m. We also asked the stuff to check who entered our room during the day and at what time – but they also refused. We went to the police station and declared statement of claim. The next day we finally found main manager, but he told us that the hotel is not responsible for it, that they can do nothing and that we cannot even prove that we had the money!!!!!!
    NEVER STAY AT THE HOTEL ““LES JARDIN DU MARAIS””
    74, rue Amelot-75011 Paris

Unique Quality: Awful service, robbers and thiefs

• Great Hotel in Paris

Wonderful location 1 1/2 blocks from Metro and bus lines (20 & 65) close to Bastille and Marais district.
    We were there 10 days in April 2007.
    Hotel consists of 5 buildings around a gardin/courtyard - we were in the "Eiffel". Very good sized room - we opted to pay 30 euros extra for the "executive" room.
    Excellent, helpful multi-lingual staff.
    TV has only CNN & Fashion TV in English.

Unique Quality: Small kitchenette - 2 burner hot plate, frig., sink & dishwasher?
    If there isn't waht you want in the room, just ask at the desk (like we wanted an extra pot)
    1 block from a Shopi for all you're wine & food needs.
    Excellent pizza across the street!
    Good restaurants, cafes, etc. within a 4-6 block area - especially in the Marais area.
    Good place for families because of the kitchenette.

Directions: Marais (border)
    Bastille

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Located at the vibrant Marais district

A good experience, well located near Place de la Bastille

Unique Quality: The location : Composed of nine 19th-century buildings set around a spacious courtyard, the historic Hotel les Jardins du Marais is on a 'quiet street on the border of Paris, historical center' and vibrant Marais district

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

dreary on the outside nice on the inside

When I looked at the neighborhood I was disappointed. It looked like something from a haunted house compared to the other people who were on the same tour with me. Once I stepped through the gates I was pleasantly surpised. It was setup as though it was its own little quaint town and nicely decorated.
    Despite the fact that the neighborhood looks dreary it is really quite safe. I found myself walking around by myself and no one bothered me.
    The staff is very helpful unfortunately quite a few are not good with English.
    The continental buffet breakfast was limited but doable. If you want to go budget then I recommend this place. If you have a little extra to spend then I recommend that you go to any one of the Ibis or somewhere closer to the tourist spots.

Unique Quality: kitchenette-microwave and minirefridge
    alarmclock radio tv combo
    restaurant
    continental buffet breakfast
    hair salon
    garden
    half block from metro and buses
    half block from pharmacy
    two blocks from grocery store
    safe area eventhough it looks spooky.

Directions: left bank

More about Les Jardins du Marais

Les Jardin Du Marais

Hotel was clean, easy access to the rooms, Staff was english speaking, helpful and polite. Heater was a boiler type, AC was a inside mobile unit. The room was comparable to Motel 6 (in the US). There were limited channels (2 in english). Limited places to eat close by. More of a residential area. Name of the hotel is on the glass entry doors, not on the sign on the hotel. Very close to the Metro (when you exit the hotel turn right, go to the first street and take a left, go to the next street, take a right and you'll see the metro (St. Frossant) straight ahead).

Great Value and Location

We satyed at this hotel that had a really nice courtyard. The staff were wonderful and the location is ideal. It says its in the 11 district, but its actuall across the street from Les Marais. This location was ideal, easy walk to the Bastille and the Siene. As for the hotel, it was comfortable, rooms were not too small, they had a fridge and a stove with glasses, plates and pots if you wanted to eat in. The rooms have A/C you will need this. At night the main road has some really nice places to eat and is lively. If we ever visit Paris again (Warning Parisians are not friendly!) we would stay here.

Beautiful, quiet hotel, in a good location. A great find.

I stayed with my Mother and 12 year old nephew in a Junior Suite (as most of the rooms are called), and found the room, the service, the staff and the location to be spot on. The room was large enough to accommodate relatives spanning 3 generations. There was a 'wet bar' comprising sink, drainer, fridge and microwave, which would be especially welcome for longer stays when one perhaps might want a break from eating out. The hotel is made up of several separate buildings, some old, some modern, which are linked by one central and beautiful courtyard.
The reception staff spoke English, so I didn't have to inflict my haphazard French on them, and they were efficient and polite, if not friendly.
The hotel is on a quiet street that runs parallel to the much busier Boulevard Beaumarchais, but as the suites/rooms are set back from the road, around the central courtyard, there is no traffic noise. Having said that, the noise of the luggage trollies being wheeled across the courtyard as we were sleeping was rather annoying, but given our overall satisfaction with the place, it wasn't a big deal.

By the way, we ate dinner at the restaurant almost next to the hotel and had a very decent meal.

Having read reviews here of other 4 star hotels in Paris that didn't live up to their rating, I'm sure this one does.
I'd recommend this hotel, and would stay again, without hesitation.

At the time of booking, hotels.com warned that the hotel was carrying out renovations. I contacted hotels who gave me some details, but couldn't say when the work would be over. I emailed the hotel, and was told that the work was complete. I went ahead and upon arrival, indeed all was fine and the work was over.

good hotel,but terrible beds

my husband and my 2 teenage children stayed in this hotel for 4 nights ,in august,it is avery clean hotel,clean sheets etc.location is good too,can get around by subway easily,front desk staff were great,except,the worst beds we have ever slept in,hard as a rock,all four of us woke up daliy to back pain,.so bad that I hated going back to the hotel and thinking we had to sleep on these beds again.Our first night of sleep was when we left paris,and arrived in Barcelona.The hotel itself is good,and cheap.so if you dont mind terrible beds go ahead and stay there.

Small, clean, good hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member ShrimpBucket

Considering that hotels in Paris are expensive, with small rooms and not very clean, this one is a good deal. Rooms are not as small as others in the city, bathroom is confortable. Beds are small but nice. We had a minifridge, oven, sink, silverware and dishes wich are very helpful for a small breakfast or a snack (considering how expensive is Paris!). Tv ----, bring many books.Location is very good for walking or taking the metro. There are many restaurants and some convenience stores close to the hotel. front desk is helpful. I didn't like my room and was relocated. Would go back.

Great Area to stay

Good value hotel with good size rooms by Paris standards. Rooms all entered off of a private court yard. Guests with wheeled suitcases can be a bit noisy in mornings, otherwise nice and quiet. Very close to Metro and great restaurants and bars.

Pleasant and quiet

by TripAdvisor Member Solotraveller10

This hotel was quiet, clean, and comfortable as noted in other reviews. The courtyard ("jardin" is pleasant and isolates the rooms from the street noise. Rooms are adequate, kitchenette is a nice feature. Location is convenient enough, easy Metro access.

Les Jardins du Marais website??

by sinead2

Hello, does anyone have the official website for Les Jardin du Marais Hotel? Thanks very much.

RE: Les Jardins du Marais website??

by Beausoleil

It's been renamed recently. I think this is their web site.

Good luck.

RE: RE: Les Jardins du Marais website??

by Jeannette1

WOW...I can't believe those prices!!
and 18 euros for breakfast??
Jeannette

RE: Les Jardins du Marais website??

by Beausoleil

I had to go back to look at the prices after that, Jeannette. It is a bit pricey, isn't it? Looks very nice though. I think I'd go to Paul's for breakfast.

I don't think they are looking for budget accomodations. 8^)

Comments