12 Boulevard de l'Hopital, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75005, France

Satisfaction Average

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes

I booked this hotel two weeks before my stay online. I got a good rate for 60 Euro per night for a basic double with privat bathroom and shower. For this price it was o.k. But I saw the full rates that were more than the double of this. And for that price I would exept a lot more. My stay was in April so the windows could have been closed and we didn’t care much about the traffic noise. But I can’t imagine sleep in one of the rooms with windows open during hot summer month.
    The adress is on Bl. de l’Hopital, and really you can hear the ambulances all night long.
    And although the breakfast buffet is really basic for 8 €, it is not cheaper to have a coffee and a croissant in a nearby bistro, there you pay for a big coffee with milk € 3.50.
    Try different booking machines, as prices can vary a lot.

Directions: Near Jardin des Plantes, Gare Austerlitz

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

Decent Accomodation - okay location

We booked package air/hotel through gotoday.com. This hotel was affordable, clean, decent. The rooms are plain and have a shower. The view was of the Austerlitz train station. Surprisingly it wasn't noisy. Breakfast was included in a nice breakfast room. The breakfast staff were friendly however the front desk staff weren't so friendly. The breakfast included cereal, croissants, yoghurt, buns, muffins, cheese, juices, coffee, tea. It was decent. The location has pluses and minuses. It is right next to a metro and a main train station which is good. It is however a little way from the main sights. The metro would get you there in no time though. The area felt relatively safe but others might not like that it didn't have any ambience. You get what you pay for. This was an affordable, decent hotel in an okay location.

More about Libertel Austerlitz Hotel

Paris Trip Report

by Albernfrau

"Paris Trip Report"

My loved Paris! Check out tons of my Paris photos at http://public.fotki.com/StephanieBlumensaat

We stayed in the 2** Libertel Austerlitz through www.gotoday.com; incredibly affordable air/hotel packages. Regular price for a double in the hotel is 109E. Hotel simple and decent. We were given two hard twin beds instead of a double but it was a clean, average place to stay. The daily breakfast was good - croissants, rolls, yoghurt, fruit salad, apple sauce, cereal, etc. It was located in 5E but not near the heart of the "Latin Quarter". It was across the road from the Gare d'Austerlitz; not the greatest view. Next time I would try and find a 2* closer to downtown.

As for best experiences in order of preference:

1) Sacre Coeur
2) Montmartre Area in general
3) Eiffel Tower - if you go in the winter you must go ice skating on the 1st level! Unfortunately it opened the day we returned home.
4) Arc de Triomphe (the view from the top at night was beautiful especially with the Christmas lights on the trees along the Champs Elysees)
4) The Opera Garnier - the most beautiful building we saw.
5) Cafe Des 2 Moulins - Cafe where the movie "Amelie" was filmed. It was neat to go and visit even though the interior is different than in the movie.
6) The Abbey Bookstore - a Canadian bookstore inthe Latin Quarter near Shakespeare and Company. He has a fabulous selection of books although the store is crowded and piled to the ceiling with books. We bought 3 GREAT books about "Parisians" the night before we left that I wish we would have read while we were there. They were fascinating:

1) Xenophobes French
2) Culture Shock France
3) Almost French - biography of expat in Paris

Overrated:
1) Versaille - the palace had little furniture in it. Most rooms looked the same. Gardens were beautiful
2) Louvre - too much, too large, too many people. Again the gardens and statues in the gardens were beautiful

Other:
1) Boat Cruise - we did this after we had been in Paris for a few days. I think it would be more suited to a first day to orient oneself.
2) Sewer Tour - interesting but not a highlight.

Shopping:
Tati - Discount clothing store recommended by Lonely Planet. I went and got great bargains on sweaters. There are a few stores located around Paris.

Restaurants etc:
1) Angelina's Salon de The (near the Louvre)- highly recommended by Frommers and it definitely lived up to it's reputation. 226 Rue de Rivoli.
2) Chez Clement - this is a chain of course not the kind we are use to in North America. It was reasonably priced for what you receive service and food wise, EXCELLENT food and great ambience. They are located throughout Paris.

Places we want to visit next time:
1) Pompidou
2) Chartres
3) Luxembourg Gardens
4) More Markets
5) Catacombs
6) Cemetaries
7) More neighbourhoods, ie. Marais.

Suggestions/Observations:
1) We didn't hear much French music playing anywhere we went. It tended to be American.
2) You must have EXCELLENT, attractive walking shoes - my feet were sore as we took the metro and walked everywhere.
3) Knowing a few phrases in French made a huge difference. We were treated with respect everywhere as long as we tried to always speak French first.
4) Our first day we were disappointed and thought we made a mistake going to Paris. It looked unattractive on the ride to our hotel; it was freezing cold the first day; we got lost; we were intimidated and scared to talk to anyone. However that all changed soon enough.

**Please don't comment or email me about how I am sooo wrong about not liking the Louvre and Versaille - I've heard enough already.** Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have given mine. If you loved those places then that is great for you.

My suggestions:
Prioritize what you want to see. Unless you have endless time in Paris you will never see it all. We went non-stop and didn't get to see near all we wanted to but we ensured we did the main sights. I wish anyone who goes to Paris the best! It is the most amazing city in the world!!!!!!! Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Paris Trip Report

by Albernfrau

"Trip Report"

As for best experiences in order of preference:

1) Sacre Coeur
2) Montmartre Area in general
4) The Opera Garnier - the most beautiful building we saw.

1) Xenophobes French
2) Culture Shock France
3) Almost French - biography of expat in Paris

Overrated:

Other:
2) Sewer Tour - interesting but not a highlight.

Shopping:

3) Luxembourg Gardens
4) More Markets
5) Catacombs
6) Cemetaries
7) More neighbourhoods, ie. Marais.

Suggestions/Observations:

My suggestions:

Stayed at any of these hotels?

Libertel Republique Hotel,
Libertel Lyon Bercy Hotel,

by Canadian_Traveler

I am booking a trip with GoToday for next month and I was wondering if I should pay an extra $100US to stay somewhere else.

Any help would be appreciated!

by P&J

I don't know these hotel but if you had to pick between the three pick Republique as it's more central.

Re: Re: Stayed at any of these hotels?

by Canadian_Traveler

Sweet. Turns out that's the cheapest one. Thanks!

by Manara

I have never been to any of these three hotels, but I spent a couple of nights in another Libertel in Paris, and it was very nice, comfortable, and with excellent service.

Comments