Libertel Auteuil Tour Eiffel Paris

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Libertel Auteuil Tour Eiffel Paris

It is what it is.

by TripAdvisor Member lermer100

I stayed at the Auteuil Tour Eiffel from Friday to Monday. We arrived at lunchtime, and got straight into the room. First impressions were that it was clean, and the receptionist seamt friendly, with a little more than minimal english vocabulary.

The room itself reminded me of a UK travel lodge. It was a little bit rough round the edges, and not very 'french' but by no means unclean or stuffy or small. There was a large window you could open, but there was air con which could be controlled in the room. The beds were really comfortable, and the room was spacious enough for 2 women, all of their clothes, shoes and makeup! The bathroom was spacious, clean, and had a very good power shower. The floor did get a little wet if you wern't careful, but no more than it would anywhere with a tiled floor and a shower screen!

When we first got to the room, we couldnt get the light in the bathroom to work. We phone down to reception, and someone was up within a minute. Turns out there was nothing wrong, just we missed a switch which had to be on in order to turn the lights on! The room service was also very quick. Even late at night. The staff at night did seem a little less friendly, but it wasn't anything to comment about really. The price of the food and drinks there was expensive, but no more than alot of places in Paris. It's an expensive place all togeter. 3.5 euros for an ice tea anywhere that you visit. Don't buy anything from the mini bar. 4 euros for a can of coke is ridiculous... however do make use of the fridge. There is a mini supermarket right across the road, which is open until 8.30pm which is reasonably priced and has most things you would need. Just make sure the fridge is in order when they check it so they don't think you have used anything from it!

My only complaint really is that it is much more than 900m from the eiffel tower. It is an easy 30 minute walk. It's a pretty scenic walk but when the weather is hot, it can be exhausting. Especially when you have to queue queue queue to get up the tower! We didn't use public transport whilst we were there. It was far too hot and still a fair walk to the stations. Especially if you are unfit! The taxis were fairly reasonable to be honest. No more expensive than you would find in london, and alot of the time we just walked one way, and got a taxi the other. The only expensive taxi we had was from the Rue de Rivioli back to the hotel at rush hour time. The traffic was just one big gridlock. Try to avoid it at that time if possible. It's where alot of the 'normal' shops are tho so worth a look. Also a must is the Champs d'eleyses. It's such a brilliant shopping area. There is the designers on one side, and the not so designer on the other. Also there is a planet hollywood there which is beautiful food and very friendly staff!

We also went on an evening dinner cruise on our last night with Bateux Parisien. It is very romantic if you are there as a couple, but no so bad if you are there with a friend. It's fussy a'la carte food, but it is beautifully cooked. The whole night was brilliant, the best of the whole weekend. The waiters were friendly and fun. We had one called Axel. He was excellent! The views from the glass encased boat were amazing, and there was a live band. It cost us about £65 each to prebook but you did get 2 bottles of wine, and a glass of pink champagne just for the 2 of us! Definately worth it if you can.

Do all of the major sight sees. Just bear in mind, than the Louvre is cheaper to get into after 6pm, and if you are under 26, and happen to be there on a friday or wednesday after 6, then it is free to get into. I kept my passport with me at all times. Even the Picasso Museam was half the price because you are classed as a 'youth' if you are under 26.

In all, I would stay at this hotel again, because it's cheap and cheerful. Yes, you could get a 'prettier' hotel, or one with more amenities, but it could also cost you alot more money, and you arn't in it that much. The perks of spending less money on a hotel, and more money on things to do whilst you are there far outway having a nicer hotel that you are in 30% of your time in Paris. It is clean, friendly, comfortable and spacious. If you are on a budget, its definaltey worth a try. I would happily go back a second time.

Brilliant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member scholesh

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days from the 15th August. Although a little off of the beaten track, the hotel was in a quiet and pleasant residential area within easy reach of at least 3 underground/train stations - Mirabeau, Javel and President Kennedy. There was also a supermarket just opposite the hotel which sold fresh bread every day.

We booked a superior room which was nice because it had a seating area with a fairly large table and a small balcony with two patio doors. The general service at the hotel was good and linen was changed every day. However, even though we were out for most of the day, a couple of days we arrived back to our room at 4:30 - 5:00 and the chambermaid was still in there cleaning the room. Not the best thing after a hard days sight seeing, when all you want to do is have a rest and a drink!

The area around the hotel was quiet with quiet a few bars and restaurants closed because of the August holidays but we did find a couple of places that we would recommend for meals. Bar Firenze on the corner of the road where the hotel was located was very welcoming and served lovely Italian food. The service was excellent, the prices reasonable and there were lots of french people in their eating as well. Another recommendation would be Café Régalia just over the bridge near the Javel Metro station which served wonderful steak and chips for a very reasonable 14 euros.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for any one who wants to stay in a quiet hotel, does not mind using public transport and likes exploring the local area.

Perfect choice for a reasonably priced romantic break

by TripAdvisor Member Mandgib

We have just returned from our honeymoon where we spent 3 nights at this hotel. It's location is ideal for sightseeing. The hotel bedroom was larger than we had feared having read reviews of other hotels in Paris. The bathroom was clean and bright. We would liked to have had a kettle in the room, and found it very strange that there was no mirror above the dressing table. We felt the bar was very small, but it seemed adequate and we always found a table. Breakfast was a well presented continental buffet with a large choice, though the cooked options were minimal. The staff were friendly and polite, especially Msr LeClair who was extremely helpful in booking a candlelit dinner cruise with the "Bateaux Mouche" company (The highlight of our trip - costly but has to be done!). Overall, we were extremely pleased with our choice and would most definitely stay there again in the future if we were to visit Paris again.

Basille Day

by TripAdvisor Member Matty_Boom_Boom

I stayed here with my girlfriend for the 14th July celebrations.
I got a cheap hotel deal with lastminute.com (2 out of 5 days were free - with no extra local taxes on arrival), and got Eurostar tickets nice and early.
It was perfect.
On the 13eme Juliet we attended a firemen's ball - everyone was having a top time, and everybody there was French!
On the 14th we watched the fireworks facing towards the eiffel tower (you can sit facing away, but lose a lot of the ambiance), then walked back to the hotel... if you do go to celebrations, get there early and sit near the edge of the grass on the Champs De Mars - come 9pm you will not be able to see a single blade of grass for people (and be shouted at by 2,000 people if you dare stand up to look for your friends).
Hotel was great. Good looking building with comfortable bed, proper strong shower and air-con. Didn't eat there, but it was close to shops and boulangerie for picnics.
There is a brasserie nearby for late drinks and croque-monsieurs, and the Auteuil bridge has its very own Statue Of Liberty!
Good for buses and trains/tube - right near Radio De France building (good landmark).

Will definitely go back next year.

Good value and excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member chilling

Although we were off to a rocky start when we arrived (they put us in a room that reaked of smoke) and weren't very helpful when we sought assistance in making a reservation at a restaurant, we were quite pleased at the clean room and location of the hotel. We were even more pleased when we noticed the room rates that were posted in the lobby (240 Euros a night). It was well worth $100 Canadian we paid a night!
So, if you don't mind inconsistent effort from front desk staff ( it took us 4 requests for an iron over two days before one was finally brought to our room) and walking a couple of minutes to catch the metro, you'll enjoy your stay at this hotel. For us, it was a quiet place to rest after full days of site-seeing, and that was just perfect.

Great Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member NATZnNEIL

My girlfriend and i booked this hotel from lastminute.com. We always check out trip advisor before going anywhere and i'm pleased to say that most of the other reviews of this hotel were indeed correct. It is rated as a 3* hotel but i would personally rate it as a 4*.

Firstly the staff were all extremeley friendly and welcoming and spoke perfect english which was helpful for me as in spite of my best efforts i speak terrible french!!

The second point is that everything seemed very clean, tidy and well kept and wherever you go in this hotel there seems to be a very pleasant smell!

As i mentioned before i booked through lastminite and it cost us £68 per night! An absolute bargain in my opinion for a superior room which would usually set you back about £165 UK Pounds or 240 Euros.

I would like to point out however the eiffel tower is about 30-40 minute walk away and if you want to go to le louvre it will take you an hour to walk there.

This was my first trip to Paris and it truly is a fantastic and beautiful city. I will definately return to both Paris and this hotel!

excellent budget hotel for paris

by TripAdvisor Member themaw

had a great 2 night stay here last week. booked on last minute.com and the room was 80GBP per night. deliberately did not take breakfast there due to the comments on here about the cost. walked left on the main road along to Les Ondes for breakfast the first morning and was 8 Euros for a full breakfast consisting of croissant, baguette, orange juice, and 2 eggs on ham, all washed down by a double espresso. Fantastic and great service. The 2nd morning we walked up to the main road and turned right and walked a block to a local boulangerie on the corner. Wonderful pastries and croissants, baguettes and good coffee. you can sit outside and people watch for about 3 Euros for a croissant and double coffee. great value. Just around the corner from Les Ondes is a marvellous little Bistro and we ate here the first night. the 1 waiter worked his socks off and the food was brilliant. tiny place but bursting with locals so great atmosphere. 2 courses ( including a sirloin steak) with a bottle of excellent wine + a tip cost us 60 Euros. the hotel is not fancy but is pleasant and clean and the room was a good size with decent air con. Carpets are a bit thin but we are talking 80GBP per night here! Decent bathroom too with a good shower. The area is mainly residential and I liked that as was quite classy and also NOT touristy. Is not near to any sites other than the Tower however the metro is so efficient and also cheap that you are never far from anywhere. On our 2nd night we decided to eat at Chartiers- worth a visit just for the sheer madness of the place-, which is in Montmartre and about as far away as you could go from the hotel. from leaving the room to sitting down at a table was exactly 30 minutes so will give you an idea of how easy it is to move around . My husband and I loved the short break, loved everything about the hotel and we will definitely use it again when working on this type of budget.

Exactly what we wanted

by TripAdvisor Member haggisinlondon

Having never been to Paris we went for a long weekend via Eurostar from London. Had a great train trip across. I recommend the Leisure Select upgrade if you can book early enough. We wanted something simple and clean, good location. We did not plan spending much time in the hotel so a simple, clean room was all we needed as most of the time was out sight seeing or eating out. The hotel was in a good location, not too touristy and as someone mentioned in a review there was a supermarket across the road which was very handy.

The staff were very helpful and got us booked in. The room was very adequate and we took someones advice and bought some water and wine and used the bar fridge to keep it all cold. It was cleaned to a good standard each day and not far from the Metro station. Check out was very good and I would stay there again.

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member TAFF0001

Had a great 4 night stay. The total stay was £268.00 which I thought excellent. I booked my stay at this hotel some 4 months in advance, and would recommend any potential visitors to consider this - the room rate for the room that I had was noted as 260 Euro's per night, on the hotel's board - therefore I saved a lot through my advanced booking! I originally booked this through Bookings.com web site, but later decided to have a Superior room, due to the small cost increase. I upgraded my room directly with the hotel, and received wonderful service on this matter throughout. I did not take breakfast due to the cost of 15 Euro's per person, per day! As I had upgraded to a Superior room, this meant that there was tea/coffee facilities plus a table and two chairs in the room (due to this type of room being that little bit bigger than a Standard room!). I bought some items in the nearby supermarket, which is on the street directly outside the entrance to the hotel. The Superior room that I had, also had a balcony, which had views into a courtyard (well the hotel calls it a courtyard!), which was quite pleasant. Decent bathroom too with a good shower. A wonderful place to eat, is at Les Ondes which offers a good menu with great service. The hotel is a pleasant 20 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, which can be seen during the walk from the hotel along the River Seine. Also there are metro stations which are near, which offer cheap and efficient service, to enable tourists get to the other important areas of this city.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting the city.

Hotel comfortable-although paid for superior received standard

by TripAdvisor Member Jules&Ste

Hotel very clean and comfortable with friendly staff. However, paid for superior room and only after returning home we discovered we received a standard room. Room was reasonable size and inc mini bar & extras such as bath robe. Not knowing what to expect from a superior room we thought that this was what we were paying extra for. Our view was over looking bedrooms of flats in the next building and meant view was very poor. Only after reading reviews after returning to the UK, we discovered that superior rooms inc a balcony and courtyard views, very annoying!! As the weather was very cold, balcony was not required,but when you have paid for your extras, you should receive them. Hotel location was not too good either as after walking/getting the metro around the city, you want to quickly arrive back at your hotel. Nearest metro is port de kennedy, which is still a 15minute walk away and is not an easy station to get to from other stations.
On the plus side, Paris is an amazing place and hotel did not make our stay a bad one. Hotel breakfast was pretty good compared to breakfasts ive had in France before and the Hotel itself has a touch of class for the money paid. If you dont mind lots of walking and are planning on using your hotel simply as a comfortable place to sleep, then this hotel will be a good place to stay.

libertel hotel auteuil tour eiffel

by 991655829

has anyone heard of libertel hotel auteuil tour eiffel?
my husband and i spending a week in paris at this hotel and i am just wondering
if anyone has any good/bad thing to say about this hotel so we would know what to expect. will we there be public transportation if we decide to stay out late, also should we be concerned about our personal safety as consequence if we stay out late? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

is the Hotel Auteuil Tour Eiffel a good place to stay for 5 nights?

by Brummie_lad

im taking my gf to paris in november (nov 11th to be exact) and im reading good things about this hotel, its in the 16th district and only about 15 mins walk from the champs elysee and Eiffel Tower, would this be a good place for two first timers to paris?

thanks in advance.

RE: is the Hotel Auteuil Tour Eiffel a good place to stay for 5 nights?

by yvr

You might check out the following web site, it is a great research tool. www.tripadvisor.com it posts reviews of hotels around the world from past guests.

RE: is the Hotel Auteuil Tour Eiffel a good place to stay for 5 nights?

Hi

It depends what you're after. For sightseeing it is not well placed for walking to the sites. It may be a 15 walk to the Eiffel Tower but not to the the Champs Elysee (from memory). You can take the metro of course. But the Latin Quarter (5th and 6th district) is a better option. More central and vibrant. This link gives a brief run down of each district - http://www.francevacations.net/regions/paris2.cfm

Hope this helps

by raphaellecrevet

I wouldn't stay there as it is far from the heart of the city, very residential area and the 16th district is beautiful but very quiet, expensive and no monuments around, not many supermarkets around etc... Latin quarter or St Germain des Prés are much better choices

by Brummie_lad

thanks for all the responses, ive decided on the following hotel: Agora Saint Germain in the Latin Quater, 553.00GBP for 5 nights and return flight from birmingham for 2 people, would you say this is a good deal? its from www.expedia.co.uk

Hi

The hotel is in an excellent location. Deal wise, try costing it seperately. Try Easyjet or Ryan Air for flights (don't forget to include taxes etc). Then email the hotel direct. Their website has conflicting rates so double check with them. For November you may be able to bargain for a free upgrade.

Cheers

by Brummie_lad

hi thanks for the reply, i can't find it cheaper anywhere else, non of those airlines fly from birmingham to paris, would you recommend getting travel insurence? its 30.00GBP when booking with expedia or you can click non.

thanks
chris

by worldinabag

Travel Insurance? Yes a must. I would never travel anywhere without it. For the small price you pay it saves you can save you thousands. If necessary shop around. As you know insurance can vary widely in costs and benefits.

Cheers

Paris in 2 days

by Dank87

Dear all,

1) What is the recommended places/must go places for an Asian in our 30s 1st time visiting Paris for 2 days?

2) Is Moulin Rouge consider a Must see?

3) Any recommendations for a cheap and good hostel/hotel?

4) Which area of accomodation should we be looking at based on (1)? We will be traveling by train from Geneva.

5)Based on your recommended in (1), do we need to get the train pass? Or most walking will be suffice?

Thank you!

by Donna_in_India

Obviously there is so much to see in Paris so you will have to choose what interests you most. Some highlights would include Sainte Chappelle and Notre Dame (walk along the Seine from one to the other), Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coer/Montmartre, Louvre, Rodin Museum, Arc de Triomphe, etc., etc. Of course one of the best things to do in Paris is sit at a cafe and people-watch. It's a great city to walk/wander but you will need to take the metro (which is great) to reach some points of interest. Have a great time!

by SallyM

I wouldn't call the Moulin Rouge a 'must see'. I thought it was a pricey tourist trap - though it was quite a few years ago.

by Kaikoura

I had three days in Paris and no I did not have time for Moulin Rouge. With limited time in your hands and a lot to see and do, please don't go without the train pass. It will get you from A to B faster.

I stayed at Hotel Auteuil Tour Eiffel. http://www.auteuiltoureiffel.com/
It is walking distance to Eiffel Tower, that was the only reason I chose the hotel as it was the cheapest I could fine within the area. It gives you all the basics and the room we had was clean. As most of the rooms in Europe, it's a bit tight but was good enough for two. Staff were ok. We were hardly in the room except for the few hours we spent sleeping.

Definitely take the river cruise and soak in the beauty of Paris from the Seine. The evening tour was awesome with Eiffel Tower bathe in electric blue interspersed with thousands of twinkling lights that runs the whole height of the tower. I also enjoyed the walk along the river.

I managed to go to Louvre and Notre Dame and yes, eating is an experience on it's own in Paris! Take time and enjoy the food and people watching, it is interesting.

I swapped Moulin Rouge with a chance to go up Mt Parnasse Tower. It is the tallest building in France and it sure will give you a great 360 degrees view of the city!

I did that in two days and the last day the child in me used it to check out Disneyland Paris.

Comments