Libertel Suede Gare du Nord Paris

Libertel Gare du Nord Suede
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• MelanieBee's Profile Photo

Bit smelly and small but good location

I booked non-smoking. Got there and there weren't any non smoking rooms... grrr. First room they showed us was minute with a spectacular view of the air con unit in next building. Tried another 2 rooms before choosing room 302 which was on a smoking floor but no lingering ash tray smell at all. This room was facing the street with little "balcony". Much better :) could actually walk around beds easily AND see TV from the bed!!

Unique Quality: Good location, only a couple of minutes walk from Gare du Nord.

Directions: Exit Gare du Nord station on Dunkerque, past Buffalo Grill restaurant on other side of road. Walk downhill, (past L'open Tour bus stop) cross at pedestrian crossing where patisserie is. Hotel is just a little further down with red awning over front door.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

7 Flights of Stairs - twice!

From the outside the hotel looks fine, Blvd Magenta is quite a reasonable street, not too congested with either traffic or people. The door buzzer summons the young desk clerk and check in is no problems, except that my room is 602 and I'm informed that the lift has broken down (remember ground floor is 0 in France).

"Do you have another room?" I ask, "Oh yes Sir, but I do not know how to transfer, I am new here and the manager is out at the moment."

This is where my command of the language breaks down, back to English. "OK I'll take the room, tell me about the internet connection?"

"I'm sorry sir, I have no access cards, the manager did not leave me any."

OMG I'm starting to feel sorry for this poor guy.

So I take the room, climb the 7 flights of stairs, drop my bag off. Cigarette, water, then the trip down the stairs to find something to eat. I am beyond restaurant hunger now and find a corner shop where I get some wine and then a little place for a sandwich.

Room itself is fine, great distance views and the hotel lobby and corridors are decorated with poster art, but I don't think this is heading for any decent ratings from this writer.

Directions: Just off the crossroads of Magenta and Lafayette

• tempura's Profile Photo

Libertel Paris Suède

I paid 105 euros for a night for a room with a twin bed. The breakfast was not included (10 euros).

Unique Quality: This hotel is near the North Station. Very good practical situation if you come and have to go back with Thalys. It's a nice two stars hotel, clean and not to expensive. By the way I had first try to book a room using a 'dicounter' website (Discounted Hotel Rates, Most Cities) and the price was higher than for a direct booking !

• kbl's Profile Photo

Hôtel Libertel Terminus Nord

Unique Quality: Has acceptable accomodation and an excellent whisky-bar (I KNOW that's not a reason to go to France :-)

Directions: In front of the North Station Gare Du Nord(where trains for Brussels, Amsterdam and London are arriving) and within 1 minute walking distance of a subway. Taxi stands are in front of the Hotel,

More about Libertel Suede Gare du Nord Paris

Which railway station in Paris ?

by rayamr

I am planning to go to Paris from Frankfurt by train. I would like to stay in the main city where Metro is available. I am also looking for a cheap hotel within walking distance from the station.Can you please suggest which railway station in Paris I should get off at?

by qaminari

Trains from Frankfurt arrive at Gare de l'Est, close to Gare du Nord. It is on southbound lines 4 to Porte d'Orléans, going through Châtelet-les-Halles; 5 going to Place d'Italie via Bastille and Austerlitz, and 7 going to Villejuif-Louis Aragon, which passes by Opéra (and Palais-Royal/Louvre) and is therefore the one that takes you to the most central location.

by johngayton

For a couple of hotel suggestions in the Gare du l'Est/du Nord area try Hotel de Pre or de Maubeuge which are OK and reasonably priced - www.leshotelsdupre.com Or also Libertel Gare du Nord Suede - www.hotels-libertel.com

Enjoy your trip!

by lmkluque

I stayed with friends, but my daughter-in-law and granddaughter stayed at Hotel Campanile Gare Du Nord
32 rue Luis Blanc75010 Paris
It was within walking distance of Gare du Nord, on the corner of Rue La Fayette and Rue Luis Blanc. Gare d'lest is not much further.

Hotel Campanile is a chain, less expensive than many and has other locations. I don't know if there are any closer to the train station, but I think this one is within walking distance. You can read more about this hotel on my Paris page under Accommodations.

by whatawonderfulworld.

... each time when I stay in Paris for a couple of days is THIS (44, Rue Fbg Montmartre F-75009 Paris / +33 1 47 70 36 75ý) my adress !!

The Hotel has around 25 renovated rooms, with telephone and internet access.

Because of the perfect location I would suggest this accommodation to everybody.

Gare du Nord 1.1 km
Opera 900m
Musee Grevin 300m
Notre Dame 2 km
Louvre 1.7

Never I used a bus, a car or even the metro to go downtown ... its so a nice walk !!

Pls. try this link:

Unique Qualities: ... there is not so much "unique" ... perfect location - nice management / always friendly - nice (little) rooms - good breakfast ... and THESE are THE IMPORTANT THINGS !!

Comments