Lorette Opera

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Lorette Opera

Lorette Opera Very Cute

by TripAdvisor Member JulieHMinneapolis

For a hotel in this price range, the B.W. Lorette Opera was adorable and charming.
We occupied two rooms that were very small but served their purpose. The bathrooms and bedrooms were clean and nicely decorated. The location of the hotel was accross from the St. George metro stop (line 12) that provided us easy access around the city.
The service at the hotel was fantastic and the front desk offered friendly advice regarding restaurants and transportation.
Our family will book this hotel again during return trips to Paris.

Excellent value for money

I stayed at the Best Western Lorette Opera for one night on a recent business trip to France before catching my train to Dijon.
The hotel was in an excellent location, was very clean and the staff extremely helpful. The staff also spoke very good English which is useful when you are not fluent in the language !
The metro was a few yards away from the hotel and there are plenty of good local restaurants nearby that are reasonably priced by Paris standards.
I spoke to two American ladies who had also researched the hotel on Trip Advisor and they too were very impressed.
To sum it up I would highly recommend the BW Lorette Opera. I will definately return there on my next trip to Paris.

Good value, clean, but small and slightly out-of-the way

by TripAdvisor Member Mr.Bobcat

My wife and I returned April 19 from a week-long vacation to Paris and stay at the Best Western Lorette Opera. The hotel is half a block from the St. Georges metro line (Line 12) in the Montmarte area, half a mile down the hill from Sacre Coeur. The location is a little out of the way from most tourist attractions but with its close proximity to the Metro, it wasn't a big deal. We often took the line south to the Concorde station to connect to Line 1, which runs under the Champs Elysees and stops close to many attactions (Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, the Marais, etc.).

There is a good bakery behind the Metro stop and as a bonus there is a grocery store a few doors down to the south (to the left, leaving the hotel). There is a nice row of neighborhood stores (wine, produce, desserts, meats) within a few blocks to the north (to the right, leaving the hotel). There also is a coffeeshop two blocks to the north, "Le Coq Hardy," which offers quite good but relatively cheap and basic food. My wife and mother-in-law thought it was great. I was less impressed, though the staff was friendly and accomodating.

We were in Room 510, on the top floor, facing somewhat rundown looking apartments across the back alley. I imagine facing that way was quieter than rooms facing Rue Notre Dame de Lorette. It was clean but very small (I realize that most rooms in Paris are). Toilet and shower are in the room, along with cable TV (including CNN and BBC News), phone, and safe. There also apparently is high-speed Internet but I didn't use it and couldn't figure out if it was included in the room charge. There is a small elevator. We viewed the room as merely a place to sleep, and it performed that function well.

The front desk said we were getting a "good room" since we were staying there six nights. I'd agree with that assessment, considering the good price we paid (somewhere in the neighborhood of $125/night, if I remember right). My mother-in-law previously spent a few nights a week before we arrived on the second floor and thought the room was not nearly as nice as her and our rooms during the second leg of her stay. (I think she ended up in Room 508, which had two double beds and was quite a bit larger than the room my wife and I were in with one bed). I could faintly hear the Metro running from our room but I'm pretty sensitive to noise and normally sleep with earplugs anyway. With earplugs it was fine. It didn't bother my wife at all. There was no other room noise. I think it technically was a smoking room (there was an ashtray) but I didn't detect any smell of smoke -- a good bonus.

The front desk staff were professional and pretty helpful, though we didn't ask them to do much for us beyond getting a shuttle van to the airport. The hotel advised that that was cheaper than a taxi, and I think it was right. The shuttle was professional and on time (even early). The attendants speak English. I wondered whether they would be willing to make dinner reservations on our behalf (since my wife and I don't speak more than a few words of French). There is no separate concierge, so if the desk person was busy with other things, I was not sure whether he or she would have time. Turns out we never asked.

There is breakfast available in the basement but it sounded a little expensive and we didn't venture down. We were more inclined to have fruit and fresh pasteries instead. The hotel didn't try to push us to have breakfast with them, which was nice.

The lobby (and perhaps the rooms, too) was recently redecorated and is quite modern, though not fancy. I (being 35) thought it was kind of hip. However, my mother in law wasn't terribly impressed. It is in keeping with the fairly utilitarian nature of the hotel. There really are no frills, but again, it was clean and a good or very good value. We all thought so.

Mike

Very nice Hotel

The Lorette Opera is my nr one hotel (and I must say I have seen a lot of places). Very modern and with Parisian spirit. The rooms were small (but bigger than in some hotels in London), very clean and charming. I spent there with my husband only few days but I would definitely return there and I highly recommended this hotel to my friends. If you want to spend a romantic, without any disturbance time go to The Lorette Opera. Staff was very friendly and with fluent English. Hotel also has a lovely and convenient location -5 minutes to the metro, although close to the Place Pigalle it was very safe and quiet.

Very nice and pleasant hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jools230575

Recently had the pleasure of staying at the hotel de lorette opera the weekend of 25 Feb - 28 Feb.

As a lone traveller I was pleasantly surprised that they gave me a double bed, that was very nice and comfy.

I found the desk staff to pleasant at all times. The gentleman who checked me in gave me a free map of where the hotel was, where metro stations were etc

Speaking of the metro. The hotel is nice and close to Saint Georges metro and takes literally 1 minute to walk there.

Did not try the breakfast so I am unable to comment.

Love This hotel, location and staff

by TripAdvisor Member Phoenix

The hotel was within a block(not blocks) of metro. I was given room #603. It was very nice, had a bed room area and another separate sitting room then a nice big bathroom. The staff was very very nice. Especially the gentleman that worked the eve. shift. Clean and bright. No problems on my stay
About a 10 min. walk to Moulin Rouge. I though the location was fine, if you stay close to one place then you may be farther from another so it was fine for the price. Metro is so easy to get you where ever you want to be anyway within 20 mins. or less.
Note. I did not like the other Best Western hotel - Nouveau Orleans!!!

LOVELY LORETTE

Booked inclusive with eurostar from London - great position - one minute from St Georges metro - convenient to get to all Parisian tourist spots. Hotel staff ALL professional and polite at all times. - excellent English spoken. Buffet breakfast (14euros) plentiful and in pleasant room. Very clean - towels changed daily and room cleaned and tidied. Able to leave luggage for collection later on departure. Extremely good value for money

excellent hotel

Took my partner for a surprise weekend birthday treat to Paris in April. Booked this hotel on the internet with Eurostar, for a good price. Staff are very friendly, hotel very clean and modern. Breakfast was a help yourself buffet for 14 euros and most enjoyable. Don't worry if you forget your plug adaptor just ask at the reception as they have a supply of them. Hotel across the road from the metro, which is so easy to use and cheap, bought a 3 day metro card for about £10. Would highly recommend this hotel, if visiting Paris would definately use this hotel again.

Very nice hotel!

Visited Paris for a weekend in January 2005. Very nice hotel, could almost make it to the design hotel list. It must have been refurbished quite recently, combining classic and modern style in a very cosy manner. Our room was pretty small but very clean and very quiet. Haven't tried the restaurant so cannot comment on that. Personnel was adequate and friendly, but also suffering from Alzheimer. Got the room keycard, went up and down within 3 minutes and the guy behind the counter didn't remember who I was.. almost funny.. If you travel by car, please note that it is not easy to find, but that goes for all of Paris. Driving around there without a navigation system could get you a step closer to a divorce.
Parking space is ample in the vicinity of the hotel, at walking distance and expect to pay 25 euros a day. The Champs Elysee is at walking distance and there are some very nice shopping streets nearby to the hotel, especially for food and drink. Would definately stay there again on my next trip to Paris.

Great value for the $$

I was a little leary when after I learned the hotel is somewhat near the pigalle red light district. It wasn't as close as I thought, and the neighboorhood was fine. It is just steps away from the metro which I consider a must for Paris stays. It is one of the better 3 * hotels. We paid $125 U.S. per night. Helpful Advise: Ask for a room with 2 beds. They are MUCH larger than the rooms with 1 queen size.

Best Western Lorette Opera

by Bomy

Hi Guys,

Any comments on the above hotel?
It's location is at 36 Rue Notre-Dame De Lorette, 75009. Is this a good location? Any nearby subway?
The rate is at 84Euro per nite for a double.

Re: Best Western Lorette Opera

by meheu

I used to go to this hotel. It is a great and newly renovated hotel; People, there, are really nice. I used to make the reservation in http://www.loretteopera.com/ , it is easy to use .The hotel is situated nearby a metro station and it is really central area.
I can only recommend it to you.

Re: Best Western Lorette Opera

by BeatChick

Well, isn't Nôtre-Dame-de-Lorette the area the prostitutes hang out? The prostitutes were called Lorettes because of the street name & the proximity to the church of the same name? Or has it changed? The 9th is always a little iffy anyway. Some parts are fine but other parts I would feel very uncomfortable walking down as a single woman. Of course if you have a male friend to accompany you than that's a different story! :D

Comments