MIJE - Fourcy

Budget Travel Museum Visits Women's Travel
See Amenities

STAY AWAY

by written on April 25, 2011

Very nice location and beautiful building but after one night I had bed bugs bites all over my body...Don't use this hostel even though it seems nice....It is not good.

Unique Quality: Bed bugs in many beds.

Directions: In the center of Marais

Awful and highly dangerous - BEDBUGS

by written on July 19, 2010

I woke up, on saturday morning FULL of red spots and completely covered of bites by some insect I had never seen before. I am an experienced travelled and I slept in hundreds of hostels around the world (Europe, Peru, Thailand, Japan, Argentina, Cuba etc) and the reviews by people mentioning bedbugs always had made me smile because I thought that the most of the times they were overreacting to some mosquito's bites. But this time I had to experience bedbugs myself, at the Rue Fauconnier MIJE Hostel. And as I woke up I saw three small insects (bedbugs for sure as my dermatologist told me) running over the sheets of my bed. But more than finding the bedbugs what astonished me was the rudeness not of the receptionist who tried to be helpful, but of the people (the director I suppose) he called explaining our situation: not only they didn't apologize or (at least) give my money back since they had ruined my weekend, but they had no intention to check the condition of the room (I could not imagine what could happen to a baby in a bed like this). The reality is that I am now taking cortisone and trying to deal with the spots all over my body (that can appear also 9 days after the bite)and I hope you believe me and not go to this hostel if you are concerned about your health. Good luck

Unique Quality: AWFUL

BED BUGS!!!

by written on June 28, 2010

I woke up to the sound of construction work at 730 in the morning. The construction was done for the day at 10:00!!!
I noticed 12 bites in a row on my back. Bed bug bites. My boyfriend and I saw one of the bed bugs crawling but the manager denied that there were bed bugs.
The manager would not give us another room or refund our next night. We ended up spending all day doing laundry and paying for two hotels in one night.
BEWARE OF ROOM 217.
The breakfast was not good, the bread was stale.
Worst experience ever!!!!!
I do not recommend this place. Save your time and money!!!BED BUGS!!

Unique Quality: BED BUGS.

Directions: Marais

mijefourcy's Profile Photo

Great option in Paris

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 25, 2008

I met a beautiful girl here in May 2008. I hope that she is thinking of me.

Unique Quality: This is probably the best located (group of 3 hostels) in Paris. All are closely situated just north of the Seine across the Ilse St. Louis and only a 5 minute walk from Notre Dame. Between the 3 hostels there are over 400 beds, which also makes it a good last minute choice. The only downside is that the walls are paper thin. Tile floors does not help this situation. And when large groups of school children are booked in, things can be chaotic. Nonetheless, these basically fitted hostels are set within beautiful historic mansions in a great area of Paris.

Directions: St. Paul Metro Station

hotel de fourcy.. what a farce!

by written on October 8, 2007

HOTEL DE FOURCY.... UNIMPRESSED!

We arrived at the hotel at 12am after confirming our booking with them 3 times during the day via email to a completely unhelpful security guard who was running the desk! We gave our names and he called someone on the telephone, we could tell from his suprised face as we entered the door that he was not expecting us. After finishing on the phone he said no we have no reservation, were fully booked, sorry! we were tired and stressed and all he wanted was to get rid of us pointing to the door and looking at his watch. We said we have emailed you to confirm today, he looked at the computer and said it's switched off and that he was just a security guard!

what a completely unhelpful idiot! he gave us the address of another hotel and told us to go there.baring in mind it was past midnight and we are two young girls with absolutly no idea where we were going!

Anyway i would never ever go back nor recommend to any friends!

peterd1331's Profile Photo

The Nicest Hostel I've ever stayed in!!

by written on July 23, 2007

There are all different configurations for rooms. they all have private bathrooms with really nice showerheads! I can't stand when hotels have crappy showerheads so this was really nice. The beds aren't too comfortable but they are better than many other hostels i've been too.

Unique Quality: Beautiful old building with a courtyard, and all the rooms have a view of it or the street. The best part of the MIJE is the location; it is in the 4th abondissement right in the center of the city and it is right next to the st paul station of the yellow line which is one of the newer lines.

Directions: St Paul, 4th Abondissement

LauraWest's Profile Photo

Redeems Hostel's Concept Forever!

by written on July 15, 2005

UPDATE: Their web site now says it is for young people, which I don't remember before.
I totally recommend this hostel to you. After staying at hostels in Dublin & London, this place seems more like a hotel than a hostel. And a very nice hotel, too. I shared a room with three other females, but it was spacious. We had our own large vanity sink and a shower in the room. The modern toilets were just down the hall a short distance. Every space was kept very clean, with daily mopping, etc. Crisp, white sheets on well-made beds were great to come back to everyday! Unlike the hostel I stayed in London, maids did all this very impressively. ( in London, you picked up your bedding in the lobby & kept it until you checked out.)

Conveniently located just around the corner from the Saint Paul Metro station. Very close to Notre Dame & other sights & places to eat, do your laundry, etc. Also is across the street from the Photography Museum & School.

Didn't get to know the staff but they were good at answering questions. The exterior door has a camera to see who rings before the reception person can hits the buzzer inside. Your room has one of those hotel key cards. You each get one.

There other two branches are in Paris, too, which I did not visit. I wish they had locations in other cities. I can dream...

Unique Quality: Tile floors, beautiful courtyards, rooms with big windows ( 2 for cross ventilation ) and tables & chairs in the rooms. All sturdy, suitable furniture. The beds each have built-in reading lights in the wall next to your head. What a wonderful idea. Plus each bed has a light switch to control the overhead light!! So you don't have to get out of bed to turn the light on or off. How cool is that?

This place is beautiful. I couldn't get over all the special touches in this old, wonderfully renovated, building. Carved wood, shining floors and art work inside the halls ...And lovely old patios outside.

In the breakfast room there are photos of "the before" & "during" renovation, hanging behind the food counter... amazing what they, very recently, did to make it a wonderful place to stay. The dining area is incredible, too. Stone & plaster arched ceilings, very comfortable furniture & colorful modern art -glass windows. I was "oohing" & "ahhing." There are booths & tables all over; so many choices of where to sit. The breakfast was typical baked French fare, with butter & jam. Very Strong coffee or you could have hot chocolate or orange juice or maybe even all three!

Directions: Saint Paul area, very bustling with people. Near Saint Paul metro station & Notre Dame is short, very beautiful walk

custardpomme's Profile Photo

J'adore MIJE

by written on March 23, 2004

MIJE are the best hostels. I stayed at both the Maubisson and Fourcy building for a week each and loved it. While I loved both, I'd Fourcy has a slight edge because of the lovely courtyard perfect for relaxing, reading or catching up in your diary.

Housed in protected mansions, the buildings are beautiful and in great condition. The location can't be beat - all three are in Le Marais - one of my favourite areas of Paris.

I don't think this is a real 'party' hostel, so if you're after that, there are plenty of hostels that are renowned for it. This is more for those that want to experience Paris.

Staff are super friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included but like at most hostels it's very average and I'd give it a miss. Personally I can't resist a real cup of coffee and a freshly-baked croissant or pain au chocolat :-)

Nearby MIJE - Fourcy

Amenities at MIJE - Fourcy

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews