Paris Hotels

Our Members Say

• Inguuna profile photo Inguuna
  • Reviews: 238

Saint Denis Central et Familial: Very cosy apartment for 5 persons

I chose this apartment because it was very close to the main objects and very close to the Metro station. The apartment was quite large comparing to small French apartments. It has 3 rooms, one were can sleep 3 people, other with sofa for 2 people and the dining room together with kitchen zone.
The first trouble for my head was the address when I looked at google where it is. First review from google was - strip bar!!! Ouuch, yes it's true, it's on the first floor. But no worries the house doors are closed and it's very quite. The street by itself was also very ok as I was worried a bit for the red street/district - no worries!
The apartment is located close to the gourmand street - Rue Montorgueil.

You can book the apartment through www.booking.com and www.lodgis.com - just check prices as they may differ. Be sure many of the apartment owners in Paris ask for insurance.
The owners were very nice and welcome.

Well equipped apartment - wifi, TV, shower, washing machine, dish machine.

To the Notre Dame de Paris - 15 minutes by foot.
Nearest Metro station - Reaumur-Sebastopol.
2 minutes to grocer's shop.

• Written June 1, 2014
Tip Photo

Good apartment for five people

• dgines profile photo dgines
  • Reviews: 250

Hotel Vic Eiffel: Boutique Hotel Very Close to RER Metro

I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Vic Eiffel. Even through someone decided to smoke in their room at 6AM at set off the smoke alarms on one of the mornings. The hotel is totally smoking free so I couldn't really blame them for the idiot acts of one of their guests. The hotel is very chic and affordable. There was a Nescafe machine in each room and coffee pods were refilled each day. I ended up having to more to another hotel for work during my stay in Paris and the other hotel charged me 4 euro for a cup of coffee out of the same machine.

Right in front of an RER train stop, but I couldn't hear it from my room. There isn't a lot of touristy things to do nearby, but having the RER right there made it easy. I found it to be an easy stroll to the eiffel tower to take sunrise photos the morning where the smoke alarms went off.

• Written March 9, 2014

• Gyppo profile photo Gyppo
  • Reviews: 132

LPL Hotel: Cheap, small, noisy traffic, friendly

The LPL Hotel is a small (14 room) hotel. It's well situated by Voltaire Metro stop in the 11th arrondissement, so close to lots of bars and restaurants. My room was small, but pretty clean. The staff are very friendly (if a little persistent in their questioning if the room is clean enough). There's a lot of traffic noise from outside overnight, not helped by the fact that a neat circular hole had been cut in the window (!). The shower was feeble, and clearly affected by the flow in the other rooms, providing an irritating flip-flop between lukewarm and freezing. There's a TV in the room, although it only has French language channels. The ground floor hosts a PMU bar, where they serve breakfast for €5 (coffee, orange juice, croissant).

The price and location are good; the noise not so. Amazingly, it has a website.

• Written March 3, 2014
Tip Photo

• datapanik profile photo datapanik
  • Reviews: 158

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Beauchamps: Convenient and comfortable but with a caveat!

Hotel Beauchamps scores highly on all points except one. The standard of the rooms, decor and facilities are all fine for a smallish city centre hotel but unfortunately my stay was blighted by noise. There are two nightclubs just across the street to contend with if you have a street-facing room and even if you take a room facing the rear courtyard there is still a surprising amount of noise coming from the hotel's air conditioning fans which were just outside my window. Double glazing didn't cut out the hum.

Having said this, I found the reception staff very helpful with changing my room and even felt a bit sorry for them as these things are not directly their fault. I'm not sure I can really recommend this hotel for a good night's sleep unless you're the type that can get off to sleep anywhere and aren't too bothered by noise.

This hotel's best feature is probably its location very close to the Champs-Élysées which was what I needed on this particular trip. The immediate vicinity is also abundant with restaurants which made it very convenient.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written January 18, 2014

Hotel Beauchamps, rue de Ponthieu

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3242

Apartments for vacationing in Paris: For Info Only Apartments

Well lots of questions on renting vacation apartments in Paris. I have visited many, and know people who rent but never stayed in one, as lived nearby in Versailles and worked in Paris for many years. Now visiting just use hôtels for short stays.

However, for those seeking reliable vacation apartment rentals here are some reliable sources:
AIRBNB

Paris Apartments

Homelatitudes

Paris rental

good apart hôtels citadines

Adagio apart hôtels in centre of paris but other locations too

housetrip apartments

Appart'City

AtHome apartments

and of course the search engine Booking, Venere, Trivago, Destinia, are reliable too. Hope it helps your search

many to each its own, need to see and choose, and ask on rental contracts

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 10, 2014

• pfsmalo profile photo pfsmalo
  • Reviews: 1477

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quality suites Bercy Bibliotheque.: Late at night with not much choice.

Arriving at the Gare de Lyon late in the evening, trying to find a reasonable place for the night, finally found this hotel. Just a few minutes from the Bibliotheque metro station, which is just two stops on the automatique line 14 from Gare de Lyon was quite handy. Not cheap at 85€ without breakfast,which is at the stupid price of 14€ pp, but a necessary evil. Bedroom was a very good size with a decent sized bath/WC. Inside a large cupboard there is a sink and a couple of hotplates for some cooking , if you fancy it. (Or warming the croissants in the morning from the bakers across the street)

• Written December 28, 2013
Tip Photo

• biscits profile photo biscits
  • Reviews: 9

Hotel Eiffel Petit Louvre: Close to Eiffel Tower

We had a room with two twin beds. For Europe, it was actually roomy. There were only two power outlets. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a bakery, fresh fruit market, and rotisserie next door. And many restaurants in the area.
The only negative was a big deal as we were two women travelling. When we first arrived and took the elevator the the 4th floor, the door opened to a pitch black hallway. I was able to hold the elevator door open while my daughter reached across to touch the wall and find a light switch. This became the ritual getting off the elevator and then leaving our room. Something about saving power so the hall lights were turned off. Very uncomfortable.

From the window in our room, 404, we were able to see the Eiffel Tower. Across the street was a metro stop. We woke up one morning to find a flea market had been set up in front of the hotel as we slept.

• Related to: Women's Travel
  • Written October 31, 2013

Hotel

• Maryimelda profile photo Maryimelda
  • Reviews: 975

Paris Apartments by Number: Best location in Paris

This is a holiday apartment located in St Germain des Pres less than 150 meters from the Seine and Pont Neuf. In the other direction the markets at Rue de Buci are a mere 400 meters away.

The apartment is spacious, clean and very well appointed and would suit two couples or a family very well. Everything you need is there. My only complaint is a personal one and that is the height of the twin beds. Since I have limited mobility I find it difficult getting up from a low bed and these are quite low indeed.

A huge drawcard for us was the little courtyard area where we were able to sit to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner each night.

This is a great spot for walking to many of the Parisian sights such as the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Conciergerie, St Sulpice, St Germain Des Pres and more.

Please check out the website on this one as it really is worth investigating. All interior photos can be seen on the website.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Architecture, Family Travel
  • Written October 29, 2013

The Courtyard

• GentleSpirit profile photo GentleSpirit
  • Reviews: 1182

Hotel Diana: Another good budget option in Paris

The Hotel Diana is a two star hotel located in the Sorbonne area of Paris.

The room (I got a double) is clean and comfortable. Not terribly large, but comfortable enough.
It is nothing fancy, but really I was more concerned with location, nearness to transport options and closeness to Paris' sights. The hotel more than meets all of those quite well.

I was a bit worried when I noted the amount of traffic on Rue St Jacques, though with the two sets of windows closed I had no trouble at all with noise. There are lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance at all price levels.

I didn't partake in the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

the bed was nice and clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough. There is a small lift so thankfully you don't have to go up and down multiple sets of stairs.

Bathroom was clean and everything worked just fine.

Reception staff was very good. Email was answered promptly and thoroughly and there were no problems with reservations. Welcome was friendly and service was professional and pleasant at all times.

Would i stay here again, sure, I would.

please note- Rue St Jacques is quite busy, but closing both sets of windows is enough to keep the noise out.

Air conditioning cannot be turned on manually. I left the windows open in the afternoon and it was fine.

One of the best things this hotel has going for it is location. You are basically down the street from Sorbonne, around the corner is Cluny. You are walking distance to Notre Dame, the Pantheon and the major sites. You are also in easy walking distance to a large number of restaurants and cafes on the main avenues and the side streets. There is a laverie two blocks away (across from the gym)

Metro is Cluny/Sorbonne, with metro and RER lines.

Service is very good, though I note that I saw different people most nights. Everyone was very nice

this hotel is not on any of the major booking engines for hotels. Rated well in Tripadvisor and I have seen nothing to dispute the good reviews it has gotten. For this time of year you will want to book well in advance though(Last week in September)

• Written September 29, 2013

double room Hotel Diana

New Hotel Saint Lazare: New Hotel Saint Lazare

Lately I have been trying to stay in a different quarter of Paris each time I visit, so I can get better acquainted with different parts of the city. This time I wanted to be near the Saint Lazare railway station because VT member breughel was staying nearby, a few blocks down the hill.

The New Hotel Saint Lazare is on rue d’Amsterdam, which is the boundary of the 8th and 9th arrondissements. The hotel is on the west side of the street, so it is in the 8th arrondissement, in the quarter called quartier de l’Europe.

To get to the hotel I took the bus number 30 from the Gare de l’Est (East Station) to Place de Clichy, and walked several blocks downhill from there.

At the hotel I had a small single room on the fourth floor facing the courtyard (fourth photo). The room was fine except for the somewhat intermittent WiFi connection. The signal was often weak and sometimes too weak, but I’m told it is more reliable on the lower floors.

I booked through www.booking.com and paid 65 Euros per night (plus one Euro tax), which I thought was a fair price.

Breakfast was available until noon, which was convenient especially on my departure day, but at 12 Euros the breakfast was decidedly overpriced, since it was only a meager buffet in an unattractive basement room (fifth photo).

The hotel is very close to the Liège Métro station (which I actually used once during a heavy rainstorm) and to the Vélib’ station 8010. Unfortunately this is a Vélib’ station that often runs out of bikes, since it is halfway up a hill but not quite high enough to qualify as a Vélib’ Plus station. So to get a bike I often had to walk two blocks down the rue d’Amsterdam to the rue de Londres (‘London Street’) where there are two more Vélib’ stations, 8101 and 9035.

Back to my first review in this loop from September 2013: Rue de Bièvre

OR

Back to my Paris intro page

• Related to: Cycling
  • Written September 4, 2013

New Hotel Saint Lazare

• IrfanK profile photo IrfanK
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Good pick nick spot

This was our first visit to Nashik and after checking few hotels and resorts, my wife picked E & G Green Valley resort. I have to say, I was happy she did! Situated in a luxuriously natural setting, this was exactly what we needed for a family break. For a family of 4, we had booked a studio apartment for the weekend. The rooms were clean and had a very welcoming effect. The staffs, I have to say- ‘Most excellent’ they were very warm, pleasant and literally enjoyed serving us. My wife and I specifically enjoyed spending time on our private balcony watching the lovely line of hills, sipping the room served hot and spicy chai. That is when we realised we had lots of catching up to do as both of us are very busy doing our own work. It gave us lot of time to talk while our kids enjoyed most of the time splashing waters in the clean, safe and well maintained pool…precisely- RECOMMENDED

Everything is too good

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, School Holidays, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 27, 2013

Apartment: Charming functional studio

This one-room studio apartment was described on a website called Homelidays as a “charming functional studio”, which is exactly what it turned out to be.

The location was fine, in a quarter of the 13th arrondissement called the "Quartier Croulebarbe" which I had never explored before, so I found lots of new (to me) things in the immediate vicinity.

This was a small apartment of only 14 square meters. There was one bed and also an extra mattress so theoretically a second person could have slept on the floor. There was also a small kitchen niche with a stove and a refrigerator, among other things, also a small bathroom with shower and WC.

When I arrived nobody was there, so I rang up the mobile number they had given me, and soon a friendly young couple arrived to give me the keys and show me how everything worked. The girl said she was a student at the Sorbonne and this was her student pad when classes were in session.

The studio did not have an internet connection, but they told me about a pub on the next corner which had WiFi, the Jolies Momes on Boulevard Arago.

The only other thing that was lacking in the studio was someplace to hang up clothes, so I had to live out of my suitcase for a week, but that turned out to be no big hardship.

It really was a charming place and very convenient for me. And it was inexpensive, only € 280 per week, which works out to € 40 per day – a lot less than I usually end up paying for a hotel room.

Second photo: This is the view from the window of the studio, looking out through the trees at the Boulevard Arago.

Third photo: Street signs on the corner.

Fourth photo: This real estate agency called “Bed & School” is just around the corner on Boulevard Arago. The agency describes itself as “THE specialist for student lodging” – which I imagine is a thriving business, since students in Paris have always had difficulty finding accommodation. I was quite lucky to find something right away back in the 1960s, but when my younger son was a student in Paris a couple years ago he had prolonged hassles before he finally found a flat for himself and his friends.

Next review from July 2013: Tales of Broca Street

• Written July 25, 2013

Charming functional studio

Hôtel du Nord: The other Hôtel du Nord

In one of my tips on the historic Hôtel du Nord I mentioned that there is another hotel with the same name, just a few blocks away. This other Hôtel du Nord really is a hotel. From their website, I have learned that they have reasonable prices and even have ten free bicycles for their guests to use.

I saw two of these bicycles parked outside the big department store Galeries Lafayette on Boulevard Haussmann, behind the Opéra Garnier. As you can see from the sign (second photo) these bikes were “lent graciously by Le Pari-Vélo, Hôtel du Nord”.

Up to now I haven’t stayed at this other Hôtel du Nord, but when I do I’ll update this tip and tell you all about it.

Next review from July 2013: Married in the town hall of the 13th

• Related to: Cycling
  • Written July 15, 2013

H��tel du Nord bicycles at Galeries Lafayette

• black_mimi99 profile photo black_mimi99
  • Reviews: 1442

Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2: Budget Hotel in Airport

We stay here one night, it's a nice hotel, clean, and not too expensive, the staff so helpful and friendly. Easy to reach this hotel with free shuttle bus from airport. So if transit for one night or if the plane departure at midnight or early morning, can be stay here with reasonable price.

• Written June 25, 2013

• Igraine profile photo Igraine
  • Reviews: 365

Hotel de France: Small but clean

This hotel is not actually in the center of Paris but in Boulogne Billancourt. But I am not going to make a page just for the hotel. At least not at the moment.

The hotel is within easy reach of the metro station and the entrance is on the side street. The room was small but clean and the bathroom was spacious and clean.
It had free wifi, a must in these days I would say. And at EUR 47,50 per person per night very good value for money. This area is within the limit of the 3 zone 3 days metro card so we did not mind the extra travel time.

The area was described as office building area but we did not get that feel. Avenue Du Général Leclerc is a street with lots of restuarant, cafe's and shops. There was a supermarket nearby, which was usefull to get croissants and drinks.

• Written June 6, 2013