Paris Hotels

• black_mimi99 profile photo black_mimi99
  • Reviews: 1443

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apartments Bridgestreet Le Marais: Great Appart Hotel

We stay here for one night with our children, it's a nice apartment, clean, all complete, just no towels.

Near to everywhere, and not far from metro. Just to get the key, we must make a call and then take the key in somewhere else.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written November 12, 2014

Apartments Bridgestreet Le Marais

• shrimp56 profile photo shrimp56
  • Reviews: 2379

Hotel Eiffel St Charles: Attractive and Well-run - *15

I chose this hotel because it was within walking distance of Quai Grenelle where I boarded my Seine River cruise. The neighborhood is not touristy and very diverse. Hotel Eiffel St Charles is one of a small cluster of nice 3 stars in the area. The front desk was friendly and responsive. I have 2 small housekeeping issues that were taken care of promptly and politely. I stayed in both a standard double and a superior one. The latter was, of course, more commodious, but the smaller one was also very pleasant.

• Written October 5, 2014

Hotel Eiffel St Charles -- Standard Room

• Inguuna profile photo Inguuna
  • Reviews: 242

Saint Denis Central et Familial: Very cosy apartment for 5 persons

I chose this apartment because it was very close to the main objects and very close to the Metro station. The apartment was quite large comparing to small French apartments. It has 3 rooms, one were can sleep 3 people, other with sofa for 2 people and the dining room together with kitchen zone.
The first trouble for my head was the address when I looked at google where it is. First review from google was - strip bar!!! Ouuch, yes it's true, it's on the first floor. But no worries the house doors are closed and it's very quite. The street by itself was also very ok as I was worried a bit for the red street/district - no worries!
The apartment is located close to the gourmand street - Rue Montorgueil.

You can book the apartment through www.booking.com and www.lodgis.com - just check prices as they may differ. Be sure many of the apartment owners in Paris ask for insurance.
The owners were very nice and welcome.

Well equipped apartment - wifi, TV, shower, washing machine, dish machine.

To the Notre Dame de Paris - 15 minutes by foot.
Nearest Metro station - Reaumur-Sebastopol.
2 minutes to grocer's shop.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 1, 2014
Tip Photo

Good apartment for five people

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3884

Apartments for vacationing in Paris: For Info Only Apartments

Well lots of questions on renting vacation apartments in Paris. I have visited many, and know people who rent but never stayed in one, as lived nearby in Versailles and worked in Paris for many years. Now visiting just use hôtels for short stays.

However, for those seeking reliable vacation apartment rentals here are some reliable sources:
AIRBNB

Paris Apartments

Homelatitudes

Paris rental

good apart hôtels citadines

Adagio apart hôtels in centre of paris but other locations too

housetrip apartments

Appart'City

AtHome apartments

and of course the search engine Booking, Venere, Trivago, Destinia, are reliable too. Hope it helps your search

many to each its own, need to see and choose, and ask on rental contracts

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 10, 2014

• biscits profile photo biscits
  • Reviews: 9

Hotel Eiffel Petit Louvre: Close to Eiffel Tower

We had a room with two twin beds. For Europe, it was actually roomy. There were only two power outlets. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a bakery, fresh fruit market, and rotisserie next door. And many restaurants in the area.
The only negative was a big deal as we were two women travelling. When we first arrived and took the elevator the the 4th floor, the door opened to a pitch black hallway. I was able to hold the elevator door open while my daughter reached across to touch the wall and find a light switch. This became the ritual getting off the elevator and then leaving our room. Something about saving power so the hall lights were turned off. Very uncomfortable.

From the window in our room, 404, we were able to see the Eiffel Tower. Across the street was a metro stop. We woke up one morning to find a flea market had been set up in front of the hotel as we slept.

• Related to: Women's Travel
  • Written October 31, 2013

Hotel

• Maryimelda profile photo Maryimelda
  • Reviews: 1018

Paris Apartments by Number: Best location in Paris

This is a holiday apartment located in St Germain des Pres less than 150 meters from the Seine and Pont Neuf. In the other direction the markets at Rue de Buci are a mere 400 meters away.

The apartment is spacious, clean and very well appointed and would suit two couples or a family very well. Everything you need is there. My only complaint is a personal one and that is the height of the twin beds. Since I have limited mobility I find it difficult getting up from a low bed and these are quite low indeed.

A huge drawcard for us was the little courtyard area where we were able to sit to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner each night.

This is a great spot for walking to many of the Parisian sights such as the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Conciergerie, St Sulpice, St Germain Des Pres and more.

Please check out the website on this one as it really is worth investigating. All interior photos can be seen on the website.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Architecture, Family Travel
  • Written October 29, 2013

The Courtyard

• Nemorino profile photo Nemorino
  • Reviews: 2970

Apartment: Charming functional studio

This one-room studio apartment was described on a website called Homelidays as a “charming functional studio”, which is exactly what it turned out to be.

The location was fine, in a quarter of the 13th arrondissement called the "Quartier Croulebarbe" which I had never explored before, so I found lots of new (to me) things in the immediate vicinity.

This was a small apartment of only 14 square meters. There was one bed and also an extra mattress so theoretically a second person could have slept on the floor. There was also a small kitchen niche with a stove and a refrigerator, among other things, also a small bathroom with shower and WC.

When I arrived nobody was there, so I rang up the mobile number they had given me, and soon a friendly young couple arrived to give me the keys and show me how everything worked. The girl said she was a student at the Sorbonne and this was her student pad when classes were in session.

The studio did not have an internet connection, but they told me about a pub on the next corner which had WiFi, the Jolies Momes on Boulevard Arago.

The only other thing that was lacking in the studio was someplace to hang up clothes, so I had to live out of my suitcase for a week, but that turned out to be no big hardship.

It really was a charming place and very convenient for me. And it was inexpensive, only € 280 per week, which works out to € 40 per day – a lot less than I usually end up paying for a hotel room.

Second photo: This is the view from the window of the studio, looking out through the trees at the Boulevard Arago.

Third photo: Street signs on the corner.

Fourth photo: This real estate agency called “Bed & School” is just around the corner on Boulevard Arago. The agency describes itself as “THE specialist for student lodging” – which I imagine is a thriving business, since students in Paris have always had difficulty finding accommodation. I was quite lucky to find something right away back in the 1960s, but when my younger son was a student in Paris a couple years ago he had prolonged hassles before he finally found a flat for himself and his friends.

Next review from July 2013: Tales of Broca Street

• Written July 25, 2013

Charming functional studio

• lisselleC profile photo lisselleC
  • Reviews: 3

Paris Address: Rue De Rosiers

In a nutshell I would definitely recommend using Paris Address and staying at 19 Rue De Rosiers - we loved it!

Firstly the positives: We were met by a very pleasant and helpful young man named Carlos at the agreed time. The location of the apartment is great, right in the heart of Le Marais. Having spent 10 days exploring Paris on foot I can honestly say this is THE best location. The bed is extremely comfortable and the heating is efficient and easy to manage. There is plenty of storage space, an iron, ironing board, hoover and washer/drier. The coffee maker provides a good espresso to enjoy with pastries and treats bought from the abundance of patisseries right on the doorstep. The oven/stove top is sufficient for making snacks and breakfast, but I wouldn't expect it to cope with much more than that. The shower/bathroom is spacious enough and there is plenty of hot water; it is cosy and warm; and towel supply, lighting and storage space is good. Wifi is very good, there is a telephone which offers free local calls which is good for booking restaurant. It is close to St Paul's metro and is surrounded by shops!
Now the negatives: the seating in the living area is uncomfortable; we often find this to be the case with rental apartments which is a shame as it is not conducive with relaxing after a hard day shopping/sight seeing. The lighting in the bedroom is poor, which makes it difficult to 'check yourself out' when getting dressed. The staircase leading up to the apartment is very old and beautiful, but care needs to be taken when ascending and descending so that you don't end up on your backside!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 2, 2013

• iaint profile photo iaint
  • Reviews: 1452

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

18 rue de la Reynie: pied à terre

For my February 13 visit, I took the bold step of booking an apartment rather than a hotel.

I felt that for a 4 night stay, a bit of space and privacy would be a good thing.

It worked out almost perfect:-
- only 5-10 minutes walk from the RER at Les Halles, so easy transit from Charles de Gaulle airport;
- clean, warm and comfortable;
- private & secure;
- wifi, cooking & laundry facilities;
- plenty shops around for food & drinks;
- lots of restaurants in the area (close to Le Marais);
- walking distance to the river and Notre Dame etc;

The place had a spacious livingroom and bedroom, plus a bathroom, shower room and kitchenette. It was 5th floor, but had a lift. Friendly and helpful couple as landlords.

It can sleep 4 - a sofa bed in the livingroom, but perfect for a couple.

It was no more expensive than a good 3 star hotel.

I booked it through AirBnB.

See above.

It made a good weekend special.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel
  • Written February 12, 2013

the building

• Pieter11 profile photo Pieter11
  • Reviews: 1236

Hotel Douglas: Hotel Douglas

I stayed in Hotel Douglas for two nights and I really liked the hotel. It's far away from the centre, because it is located in the suburb Puteaux, near La Défense. But that location was no problem for me at all, because with the perfect public transportation in Paris you can get anywhere in no-time.

The welcome in the hotel was a bit of a problem because the parking spot I reserved was not available because of an error in the system. But they gave me a good alternative that was in fact even cheaper.

The room was spotless like you don't see it often in Paris. A nice, modern interior with a nice but slightly hard bed and a perfect bathroom. And...most of the rooms even have (indirect) view of the Eiffel Tower in the distance.

The breakfast in the morning was good and for a low budget hotel like this one the breakfast was pretty complete.

The staff is very friendly and all of the people at the reception speak good English.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written November 29, 2012

Hotel Douglas

• softseattraveler profile photo softseattraveler
  • Reviews: 5

My Hotel in France, Montmartre: Neighborhood Hotel in Montmartre

The Paris hotel "My Hotel in France, Montmartre." offers an ideal location for walks to the Funiculaire at Basilique de Sacre-Coeur and to the Moulin Rouge and Pigalle neighborhoods.
We arrived via the Abbesses Metro station which is within two blocks of the hotel. (Note: Take the Metro station elevator if you arrive via Abbesses, since the platform is deep underground and the stairs are long and steep.)
Once on the surface at the small park, we felt right at home in the neighborhood ambiance of Rue de Abbesses (Street) which offered a two block walk to the hotel. This Montmartre neighborhood is authentic Paris and makes the hotel a super value.
We walked the neighborhoods, visiting outdoor cafes, bread shops, fruit shops, great wine shops, and we even found a laundromat on a side street near the hotel.
The hotel starts your day with a Continental breakfast of coffee and croissants which are included in the room rate as is the box lunch the hotel provides for your day of sightseeing.
This hotel is a great value but like many small hotels in Paris, offers no elevator. Book a lower floor (six floors) if you have trouble with stairs and be prepared for smallish rooms such as you will find in the older Paris hotels.
The room was spotlessly clean and filled our needs to the extent that after we realized what a gem we had found in this hotel, we tried to book additional days but the hotel was booked solid for a week. We would definitely visit "My Hotel In Paris" again because of its fair price and its great location in a true neighborhood of Paris.
The only downside was that the WiFi, which is included, produced a weak signal during the peak period between 5 pm and 11 pm. The lobby offers a WiFi computer with a stronger signal but we found good internet service at the park next to the Abbesses Metro Station which we used to plan daily activities.

Neighborhood ambiance of Rue de Abbesses in Montmartre is authentic Paris
of outdoor cafes, bread shops, fruit shops, and great wine shops.

• Related to: Photography, Family Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written November 3, 2012

• GuitarStan profile photo GuitarStan
  • Reviews: 59

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Amiot: Convenient Hotel Close To Gare Est'

Hotel Amiot is literally across the street from Gare d' est train station. It is also a 8 minute walk to Gare du' Nord train station where the earliest AM train leaves for CDG, this was vital as we had a very early departure for home. The hotel is clean, has a good breakfast, television and front desk is very helpful. Just quaint enough to get that "euro-feel" as the elevator holds like 3 people tops, actually very cool! I would stay here again in a heartbeat! I had read some reviews about this area being a little seedy, but in no way felt that. Many cafe's and restaurants in the area, also metro access 50 feet from the front door, literally!

Location, price, cleanliness and front desk.

• Related to: Backpacking, Family Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written October 19, 2012
Tip Photo

Awesome Staircase In Hotel Amiot!

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 10243

PREMIERE CLASSE PARIS - OUEST GENNEVILLIERS: GOOD POSITION

There were several reasons that made me choose this Hotel.

First was the position. We wanted somewhere easy to reach from CDG Airport after picking up a hire-car and driving on an unfamiliar side of the road. The hotel is near the A86 and the A15 motorways and the ring road.
This location was perfect.

Next, how to reach Paris, and once again it was perfect, just 200 metres or a short walk to the RER C station, where we caught the Train into Paris, about 15-20mins and we were there.
Better still, the line stopped at the Eiffel Tower station, so we alighted there, or we could have continued onto the Louvre and Notre Dame.

Price, excellent for Paris

Rooms - Good and clean, basic, as this is a Hotel chain, but hey, we were only here to sleep. To reach our room on one of the higher floors, we had an elevator to use. Our room was at the back of the Hotel where we overlooked the carpark.
We had air-conditioning, ensuite, television, writing desk, it met all our requirements, plus was quiet.
Car parking is FREE, or you can securly park underneath for 2 euros per day.

Booking in was easy and the staff could speak english.

We paid an extra € 4.90 for Breakfast, which included Croissants weekdays, Bread, brioche, baguette, Bar Breton, corn flakes, butter, honey, jam with sticks, applesauce, yogurt, juice orange and multi fruit, coffee, chocolate, milk and tea. You could eat as much as you wanted. The only unusual thing here, was we used serviettes to put our food on, no plates. We did strike this elsewhere in France.
Breakfast was served from 5- 10am on weekdays and from 6am on weekends. It was quite busy, and I did notice quite a few businessmen here.

If you want Dinner, that is available nearly next door at the Campanile Hotel restaurant from 7 - 11pm.
We found a supermarket a short walk away where we were able to buy all the necessities for the day at cheap prices.

PARIS ON A BUDGET..........
My husband and I felt safe walking around the area, altogether, we found this a very reasonably priced, good & convenient Hotel for us to stay. Wouldn't look elsewhere if coming to Paris again.

Situated within easy reach of both the centre of Paris and CDG airport
Basic, good accommodation.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 11, 2012

• Maryimelda profile photo Maryimelda
  • Reviews: 1018

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Cujas Pantheon: Right in the middle of everything....

I chose this hotel for a one night stay for one very good reason....the cost. It was the cheapest I could find in a decent location.

On my arrival, I was treated with very friendly and efficient service from the two male desk clerks who were on duty at the time. They both spoke excellent English and were extremely knowledgeable about the area and happy to help out with any queries that I had.

The room was exactly as I have come to expect in a budget hotel in Paris. It was small and clean with the usual miniscule bathroom. I was perfectly satisfied.

The hotel is situated right in the Latin Quartier just around the corner from the Sorbonne and down the road from the Pantheon. The surrounding area is teeming with shops, restaurants, bars and cafes, quite the perfect location for me.

I would most certainly stay there again

• Related to: Seniors, Women's Travel, Singles
  • Written August 26, 2012
Tip Photo

Right in the heart of things

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3884

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Inter Hotel and Citotel: typical French chains with Paris properties

try these French chains for hotels typically local, you wont go wrong i use them for many years. Search in Paris

you will feel like a local.
Hope it helps

nice french chains typically done on the local flavor, you will enjoy them.

• Related to: Family Travel, Museum Visits, Arts and Culture