Paris Hotels

• Nemorino profile photo Nemorino
  • Reviews: 2878

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Montparnasse: Hôtel Edgar Quinet

A very small single room in this hotel used to cost 60 Euros in the Low Season, 75 Euros in the High Season and 90 Euros in the Very High Season, also known as “Salon”, which means that something big is going on at Paris Expo, the fairgrounds at Porte de Versailles.

Unfortunately I was there during the Very High Season at the beginning of May, during the Foire de Paris (fifth photo). One of the hotel-booking websites even warned me about this and suggested I try some different dates, but this was not an option since I only had one free week in the entire spring semester.

So I paid the 90 Euros per night, since the other hotels in the south of Paris were even more expensive. I’m sure I could have found a cheaper room at the north end of Paris, in the 10th, 18th or 19th arrondissements, but I have stayed there quite often and wanted to try a different part of Paris this time.

Aside from the inflated price and the small size of the room, I was quite satisfied. The people at reception were very nice, the WiFi connection worked fine and the room had a shower, a tiny wash basin and even a hair dryer.

Breakfast was not included, in fact the hotel doesn’t even have a breakfast room, but they have an arrangement with two nearby cafés allowing hotel guests to have breakfast there at slightly reduced prices.

What I really liked was the location. The hotel is in Montparnasse (a district I had never stayed in before) and is right around the corner from the Rue de la Gaîté, a street which is only three blocks long but has six theaters.

Also there is a large Vélib’ station (14001) directly in front of the hotel and another one (14101) in the next block, so I was always able to find a bike when I need one and always found an attachment point when I came back at night.

Edgar Quinet (1803–1875) was a French author, historian and professor. Like Victor Hugo, he was a fierce opponent of Louis Napoléon, later known as Napoléon III. Both Hugo and Quinet went into exile when Louis Napoléon seized power in 1851 and did not return to France until after his downfall in 1870.

Next review from May 2013: Street Market on Boulevard Edgar Quinet

• Written May 19, 2013

H��tel Edgar Quinet

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1132

Carladez Cambronne: Walking distance to Eiffel Tower

This 3 star hotel is fine for a short getaway with not much time being spent in the hotel.
Its clean and staff are friendly.
its got all the basics and its within walking distance of the Eiffel tower, about a 15-20min walk.
Its 84 euros per night incl tax (2013).
Breakfast is 10 euro on top if you want it

• Written March 14, 2013

• lisselleC profile photo lisselleC
  • Reviews: 3

Paris Address: Rue De Rosiers

In a nutshell I would definitely recommend using Paris Address and staying at 19 Rue De Rosiers - we loved it!

Firstly the positives: We were met by a very pleasant and helpful young man named Carlos at the agreed time. The location of the apartment is great, right in the heart of Le Marais. Having spent 10 days exploring Paris on foot I can honestly say this is THE best location. The bed is extremely comfortable and the heating is efficient and easy to manage. There is plenty of storage space, an iron, ironing board, hoover and washer/drier. The coffee maker provides a good espresso to enjoy with pastries and treats bought from the abundance of patisseries right on the doorstep. The oven/stove top is sufficient for making snacks and breakfast, but I wouldn't expect it to cope with much more than that. The shower/bathroom is spacious enough and there is plenty of hot water; it is cosy and warm; and towel supply, lighting and storage space is good. Wifi is very good, there is a telephone which offers free local calls which is good for booking restaurant. It is close to St Paul's metro and is surrounded by shops!
Now the negatives: the seating in the living area is uncomfortable; we often find this to be the case with rental apartments which is a shame as it is not conducive with relaxing after a hard day shopping/sight seeing. The lighting in the bedroom is poor, which makes it difficult to 'check yourself out' when getting dressed. The staircase leading up to the apartment is very old and beautiful, but care needs to be taken when ascending and descending so that you don't end up on your backside!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 2, 2013

• iaint profile photo iaint
  • Reviews: 1431

18 rue de la Reynie: pied à terre

For my February 13 visit, I took the bold step of booking an apartment rather than a hotel.

I felt that for a 4 night stay, a bit of space and privacy would be a good thing.

It worked out almost perfect:-
- only 5-10 minutes walk from the RER at Les Halles, so easy transit from Charles de Gaulle airport;
- clean, warm and comfortable;
- private & secure;
- wifi, cooking & laundry facilities;
- plenty shops around for food & drinks;
- lots of restaurants in the area (close to Le Marais);
- walking distance to the river and Notre Dame etc;

The place had a spacious livingroom and bedroom, plus a bathroom, shower room and kitchenette. It was 5th floor, but had a lift. Friendly and helpful couple as landlords.

It can sleep 4 - a sofa bed in the livingroom, but perfect for a couple.

It was no more expensive than a good 3 star hotel.

I booked it through AirBnB.

See above.

It made a good weekend special.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel
  • Written February 12, 2013

the building

• arnelsr profile photo arnelsr
  • Reviews: 2

paris hotel

we stayed at the pullman hotel during our short stay there:

it's near the eiffel tower. there are many hopon-hopoff buses that stop at the eiffel tower, so you can use hopon hopoff buses to get around. u can buy tickets there also.

• Written January 28, 2013

• black_mimi99 profile photo black_mimi99
  • Reviews: 1442

Villa Fenelon: Nice Area

This Hotel located in the Opera area, closed to everywhere, and just few minutes to metro.
Even the room not so big, but clean and the staff so friendly and helpful. They have 2 building that separated by a small garden. The problem just the stairs to the up floor, it's small and will be difficult to bring several and big suitcase. The price is more cheaper than the hotels around here, and breakfast included.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written January 23, 2013

Villa Fenelon

• Pieter11 profile photo Pieter11
  • Reviews: 1236

Hotel Douglas: Hotel Douglas

I stayed in Hotel Douglas for two nights and I really liked the hotel. It's far away from the centre, because it is located in the suburb Puteaux, near La Défense. But that location was no problem for me at all, because with the perfect public transportation in Paris you can get anywhere in no-time.

The welcome in the hotel was a bit of a problem because the parking spot I reserved was not available because of an error in the system. But they gave me a good alternative that was in fact even cheaper.

The room was spotless like you don't see it often in Paris. A nice, modern interior with a nice but slightly hard bed and a perfect bathroom. And...most of the rooms even have (indirect) view of the Eiffel Tower in the distance.

The breakfast in the morning was good and for a low budget hotel like this one the breakfast was pretty complete.

The staff is very friendly and all of the people at the reception speak good English.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written November 29, 2012

Hotel Douglas

• softseattraveler profile photo softseattraveler
  • Reviews: 5

My Hotel in France, Montmartre: Neighborhood Hotel in Montmartre

The Paris hotel "My Hotel in France, Montmartre." offers an ideal location for walks to the Funiculaire at Basilique de Sacre-Coeur and to the Moulin Rouge and Pigalle neighborhoods.
We arrived via the Abbesses Metro station which is within two blocks of the hotel. (Note: Take the Metro station elevator if you arrive via Abbesses, since the platform is deep underground and the stairs are long and steep.)
Once on the surface at the small park, we felt right at home in the neighborhood ambiance of Rue de Abbesses (Street) which offered a two block walk to the hotel. This Montmartre neighborhood is authentic Paris and makes the hotel a super value.
We walked the neighborhoods, visiting outdoor cafes, bread shops, fruit shops, great wine shops, and we even found a laundromat on a side street near the hotel.
The hotel starts your day with a Continental breakfast of coffee and croissants which are included in the room rate as is the box lunch the hotel provides for your day of sightseeing.
This hotel is a great value but like many small hotels in Paris, offers no elevator. Book a lower floor (six floors) if you have trouble with stairs and be prepared for smallish rooms such as you will find in the older Paris hotels.
The room was spotlessly clean and filled our needs to the extent that after we realized what a gem we had found in this hotel, we tried to book additional days but the hotel was booked solid for a week. We would definitely visit "My Hotel In Paris" again because of its fair price and its great location in a true neighborhood of Paris.
The only downside was that the WiFi, which is included, produced a weak signal during the peak period between 5 pm and 11 pm. The lobby offers a WiFi computer with a stronger signal but we found good internet service at the park next to the Abbesses Metro Station which we used to plan daily activities.

Neighborhood ambiance of Rue de Abbesses in Montmartre is authentic Paris
of outdoor cafes, bread shops, fruit shops, and great wine shops.

• Related to: Photography, Family Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written November 3, 2012

• GuitarStan profile photo GuitarStan
  • Reviews: 59

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Amiot: Convenient Hotel Close To Gare Est'

Hotel Amiot is literally across the street from Gare d' est train station. It is also a 8 minute walk to Gare du' Nord train station where the earliest AM train leaves for CDG, this was vital as we had a very early departure for home. The hotel is clean, has a good breakfast, television and front desk is very helpful. Just quaint enough to get that "euro-feel" as the elevator holds like 3 people tops, actually very cool! I would stay here again in a heartbeat! I had read some reviews about this area being a little seedy, but in no way felt that. Many cafe's and restaurants in the area, also metro access 50 feet from the front door, literally!

Location, price, cleanliness and front desk.

• Related to: Backpacking, Family Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written October 19, 2012
Tip Photo

Awesome Staircase In Hotel Amiot!

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9807

PREMIERE CLASSE PARIS - OUEST GENNEVILLIERS: GOOD POSITION

There were several reasons that made me choose this Hotel.

First was the position. We wanted somewhere easy to reach from CDG Airport after picking up a hire-car and driving on an unfamiliar side of the road. The hotel is near the A86 and the A15 motorways and the ring road.
This location was perfect.

Next, how to reach Paris, and once again it was perfect, just 200 metres or a short walk to the RER C station, where we caught the Train into Paris, about 15-20mins and we were there.
Better still, the line stopped at the Eiffel Tower station, so we alighted there, or we could have continued onto the Louvre and Notre Dame.

Price, excellent for Paris

Rooms - Good and clean, basic, as this is a Hotel chain, but hey, we were only here to sleep. To reach our room on one of the higher floors, we had an elevator to use. Our room was at the back of the Hotel where we overlooked the carpark.
We had air-conditioning, ensuite, television, writing desk, it met all our requirements, plus was quiet.
Car parking is FREE, or you can securly park underneath for 2 euros per day.

Booking in was easy and the staff could speak english.

We paid an extra € 4.90 for Breakfast, which included Croissants weekdays, Bread, brioche, baguette, Bar Breton, corn flakes, butter, honey, jam with sticks, applesauce, yogurt, juice orange and multi fruit, coffee, chocolate, milk and tea. You could eat as much as you wanted. The only unusual thing here, was we used serviettes to put our food on, no plates. We did strike this elsewhere in France.
Breakfast was served from 5- 10am on weekdays and from 6am on weekends. It was quite busy, and I did notice quite a few businessmen here.

If you want Dinner, that is available nearly next door at the Campanile Hotel restaurant from 7 - 11pm.
We found a supermarket a short walk away where we were able to buy all the necessities for the day at cheap prices.

PARIS ON A BUDGET..........
My husband and I felt safe walking around the area, altogether, we found this a very reasonably priced, good & convenient Hotel for us to stay. Wouldn't look elsewhere if coming to Paris again.

Situated within easy reach of both the centre of Paris and CDG airport
Basic, good accommodation.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 11, 2012

• Maryimelda profile photo Maryimelda
  • Reviews: 975

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Cujas Pantheon: Right in the middle of everything....

I chose this hotel for a one night stay for one very good reason....the cost. It was the cheapest I could find in a decent location.

On my arrival, I was treated with very friendly and efficient service from the two male desk clerks who were on duty at the time. They both spoke excellent English and were extremely knowledgeable about the area and happy to help out with any queries that I had.

The room was exactly as I have come to expect in a budget hotel in Paris. It was small and clean with the usual miniscule bathroom. I was perfectly satisfied.

The hotel is situated right in the Latin Quartier just around the corner from the Sorbonne and down the road from the Pantheon. The surrounding area is teeming with shops, restaurants, bars and cafes, quite the perfect location for me.

I would most certainly stay there again

• Related to: Seniors, Singles, Women's Travel
  • Written August 26, 2012
Tip Photo

Right in the heart of things

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3228

Inter Hotel and Citotel: typical French chains with Paris properties

try these French chains for hotels typically local, you wont go wrong i use them for many years. Search in Paris

you will feel like a local.
Hope it helps

nice french chains typically done on the local flavor, you will enjoy them.

• Related to: Family Travel, Arts and Culture, Museum Visits
  • Written August 25, 2012

• cbranam profile photo cbranam
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel La Serre: BED BUGS

I stayed here one night, which was long enough to learn that this place has bed bugs. They bit me all over and laid eggs in my clothes and luggage. The hotel offered a new room but declined reimbursement or compensation. I didn't stay a second night.

• Written August 24, 2012

• piosku67 profile photo piosku67
  • Reviews: 107

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pavillon République Les Halles: Cheap accommodation

I was glad to stay there close to Republic Square (3- 7 Aug. 2010), because I could explore east Paris. The hotel was very modest. I live in a tiny, shabby room almost at the attic. The room was stinky. The staff was not very nice, but nevertheless I was satisfied with my trip to Paris.
I paid 236 EUR for four-night stay, that's € 59 per night with a buffet breakfast.
An unpleasant thing happened to me while I stopped there, just few nights from 4th till 7th Aug. 2010. The check-out time was at 11 or so. But In the morning, before the check-out time on 7th Aug. , while I was getting dressed a woman, probably a manager, came to my room just to check if I’m still in the hotel. While I was leaving the hotel, I was told that I should have paid for the hotel the day before in the evening. I was so stunned. Nobody told me that. I felt really bad. I could have paid just on the first day, and now I do it everywhere.

Close to scenic places near Saint Martin's Canal

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 22, 2012

Stinky room

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3228

several see Mercure: mid price near Gare du Nord

the area has many usually I direct folks the terminus nord, classic and nice

then mid price for Paris is a broad definition.

others hotel Richmond,and

my favorite chain all over mercure of ACCOR, several

hope it helps your search

nice mid price hotels with all the necessaries and near gare du nord train station

• Related to: Trains, Arts and Culture, Museum Visits