Madeleine Haussmann

More about Madeleine Haussmann

Opera GarnierOpera Garnier

Eastern façade - Nov 2010Eastern façade - Nov 2010

Museum LouvreMuseum Louvre

Antique shop in the market and "L'Estaminet" café.Antique shop in the market and "L'Estaminet" café.

transport arrangements

by colsers

Hi again, Thanks for the replies so far on Moulin Rouge, we may give it a miss!
I have a few other questions if that's ok?
We are staying at Hotel Madeleine Haussmann on Rue Pasquier and I am confused by the best way to get there from CDG airport. Does the roissybus stop near the hotel? I believe our hotel is next to La Madeleine and close to Opera. If so would it be feasable to walk with luggage to hotel? We don't mind paying 30 Euro's for taxi for convenience if thats a definite price.
Thanks again for any info.

by violette_ca

Hello,

I found it on internet.

- Metro station "Madeleine": 300 m
- RER A "Auber" : 600 m
- Saint-Lazare railway station : 500 m

You can take the RER from CDG airport to metro Chatelet Les Halles and then transfert to take line 14 Madeleine. I'm always with my luggage in the metro and it's o.k.

Take care and have nice trip in Paris :-)

by violette_ca

Metro map in Paris

by GUYON

The shuttle stops at Opera, near Rue Scribe. I suggest to reach la Madeleine by the metro or a taxi because the distance to reach your hotel is around 800 meters.

by CALSF

Hi, the taxi fare is actually between 40 to 45 euro from CDG.

BTW, the Moulin Rouge show is all in fun. You do not go there expecting to see a Tony award winning Broadway show. It's a variety show and if not for dinner it's not so bad actually-my opinion.

Re: Re: transport arrangements

by colsers

Thanks again for all your helpful replies, think we will possibly get Roissybus to Opera then taxi to hotel. Hope we can find the pick up point at airport easily. I tried the link you gave but couldn't get it. I think we arrive at terminal 2f, hopefully the Roissybus is sign posted.

Travel Tips for Paris

Climb the stairs to the...

by lukec

Climb the stairs to the viewing platform at the top of Arc de Triomphe. You'll have a great view of the main Parisian avenues that meet here. Don't forget to see the crazy traffic down below! The thing I remember really well is the bus drive to this big city from Charles de Gaulle airport. We drove through the confuzing maze of streets, and I was like a big kid in a new store, watching my unfamiliar surroundings and hoping to catch a glimpse of one of city's distinctive and world famous landmarks - perhaps the Eiffel Tower, maybe the Louvre or Notre Dame, who knows. Nothing of that happened and the suspense was to last right up to the point where the bus dropped us - just a stone drop away from the Charles de Gaulle - Etoile square. When the bus drove away and Irena and I turned around, my jaw bones dropped in exhilleration. In front of us stood the fabulous Arc de Triopmhe of Paris, lit in the evening sunlight. The scene was magnificent, without a cloud in the sky and for a few moments we just stopped there and watched. I was really impressed by the size of this thing! It looks much much bigger in reality than on postcards (I think it's about 50m high). And so Arc de Triomphe became our first real encounter with Paris and set the stage for an enjoyable week in Paris, one I'll always remember.

Palais du Luxembourg

by barryg23

The Palais du Luxembourg lies at the western end of the Jardin du Luxembourg. Maria De Medecis had this palace and the gardens built to remind her of home. As if Paris didn't have enough things worth seeing! Nowadays it's the home of the French Senate.

Chateau de Fontainebleau

by Lilasel

Situated in the middle of a beautiful forest, Fontainebleau was a favourite hunting residence of the French kings from François 1er to Napoléon III.
Since 1981 the Palace and Park of Fontainebleau is on the list of UNESCO World Heritage.

Use all the French you can. ...

by balderas

Use all the French you can. Some Parisians, especially taxi drivers, hate it if you don't make an effort. One taxi driver said to me and my friends 'it's not so far by foot' ... about our hotel which was 2 hours away by foot! But to be fair, there is also a lot of friendly people who don't blame you for asking questions in English.

Saint-Denis (2003)

by Mikebond

Saint-Denis is a town of 87,000 inhabitants just outside Paris. Just like everything there, it has an ancient and a modern side. The former is best represented by the basilique de Saint-Denis, the latter by the famous Stade de France, the Parisian football stadium.
My parents and I visited only the church. This basilica is the place where all French kings and queens used to be crowned and as a matter of facts, its main attraction, beside all the Gothic architectural features, are the tombs of the royals.
I will not write much in this tip; you will find more explanations and photos in my Saint-Denis page (to come).

Comments