Mercure Orly Rungis Paris

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Paris

Nave, Saint-Etienne du MontNave, Saint-Etienne du Mont

Shop in MontmartreShop in Montmartre

Sorbonne - Paris 1  Droit - Laws.Sorbonne - Paris 1 Droit - Laws.

Jardin du Palais Royal, Paris, July 2008Jardin du Palais Royal, Paris, July 2008

Car rental for a 20 year old

by aleugg

Does anybody know of a place that lets me hire their cars for a week in april; pick up and drop off at CDG airport.

I am 20 years old and have had my driving license for 2 years. It's a Swedish/European Union license.

Re: Car rental for a 20 year old

by aleugg

The age limit, as I have come to understand, is normaly 21 or 25. Thas's why I now seek help from you, fellow travelers:)

Re: Car rental for a 20 year old

by Beausoleil

Hi. The age restrictions may not be the car company; they may be the country. I checked one car rental web site for you and here was their message: "The minimum age limit is usually 21 but some countries allow you to pick the vehicle up when you are over 18. Please read the terms and conditions pertaining to the supplier that we select for your specific dates. Please note most suppliers will have an additional under age fee. Full detail will always be outlined in the specific terms and conditions."

You can try http://www.autoeurope.com/carsplash.cfm

We've used them and they are reasonable and reliable. You will have to contact them about your age.

Good luck; I hope it all works out.

Travel Tips for Paris

BUSKERS

by ForestqueenNYC

While not being the single most important thing in Paris, I do love buskers and would highly recommend that when you see a busker or a group of street musicians, if you think they are good, drop a coin in their box. If there is no one stopping to listen to them, it doesn't mean that they are not great musicians, but that they are probably not showy like the hip hoppers who draw a big crowd. Stop and stand right in front of them. This often causes other people to stop.

I passed the most fantastic guitarist on the side of l'Eglise Saint-Eustache. At first I didn't stop, but as I walked I could tell he was more than average so I went back, several times in fact. Now I am a great fan of gypsy jazz. His name is Romain Guillemin and you can listen to him at his myspace page.

Another group of buskers that I like can be found in the metro stop at Chatelet as you go to ligne 4. I often see them there late Sunday afternoon around 5 to 6. There is always a huge crown surrounding this group of classical musicians who play Vivaldi's Four Season, Pachelbel's Cannon, and other pieces. This group draws it's regulars. Each time I have been there I have seen a little old lady standing in front. I often wonder if, in earlier life, she was a musician, because she is usually waving her hands as though conducting.

When you visit Paris, you'll...

by Bolleke

When you visit Paris, you'll certianly visit all the famous buildings!! I think you'd better look for travelstories on the other VT-pages, there are lots of them... I was in Paris on the Millennium-change!!!

3, 2, 1... Happy New Year 2000!!!!
It was great of course, with a lot of people, fireworks,... But almost every restaurant or bar was closed, so I think we choose the wrong city to have a real party! But it was well worth hearing all the people singin on the streets...

The Louvre

by CandS

The Louvre is really amazing!!

I loved the paintings on the ceilings more than anything... If you are in Paris definitely visit there...even if it is just for a couple of hours. I could have spent much more time in there for sure!

I am not really into art or things like that but I really did enjoy looking through this place. It is set out really well so you can just visit the parts you want to see (unlike the Vatican Museums).

Phone: 01 40205151

The rude Parisian: myth or fact

by VDElvis

My girlfriend and I spent four days in Paris. We came across only one rude person in that entire time. Growing up in Canada, we both spoke some French, which we learned in school, and made an effort to speak in French at all times. Every person that we talked to (with the exception of one) was fine and patient with us, and usually could tell that French wasn't our first language, so they just spoke to us in English.

We noticed that at restaurants, service was generally pretty slow, and the servers weren't too attentive, but we took that to be local custom as opposed to being rude.

I'd have to say that the stereotype of the rude Parisian is a myth, as long as you yourself are being polite, respectful, and at least make an effort to speak in their language.

Dogs in Paris

by matcrazy1

It seems that Parisiennes (it is correct in English or my new word?) take care of their dogs very much, more then of their unemployed and poor citizens, I suppose.

They used to walk their dogs with some elegance I could say and they (dogs I mean) are always clean with fashionable hair (even if it's raining) and polite.
Btw my favourite brand is French Briard (much hair - not so easy to maintain :-)

Do NOT beware of dogs in Paris.

Comments