Mercure Paris Bercy 2M

77, Rue Bercy, Paris, 75012, France

More about Paris

PantheonPantheon

Louvre as seen from Institut de FranceLouvre as seen from Institut de France

Impressive upon approach.Impressive upon approach.

Exterior 2Exterior 2

left luggage prices at Gare du Nord train station

by nut_meg

Hi

I can't seem to find info anywhere on the prices for left luggage at Gare du Nord station. I will be travelling in a group and wish to leave 8 big rucksacks for 7hours.

Any idea what the cost of this will be, and whether we can book ahead?

Many thanks

hi Nut meg,

2-3 links brought me to PDF document of the SNCF about their stations & left-luggage policy. For your info, the word is CONSIGNE in French.
I'm using the link of Office du Tourisme de Paris, as it's updated and easier to read that SNCF PDF. The info is the same anyway.

The info is in French. There's a button top right to switch to other languages but when you click it, you lose the text about left-luggage and are brought to a "Plan your train trip" page...
So here's the link about left-luggage in various Paris stations, including the Gare du Nord, + my quick translation of Gare du Nord services.

GARE du NORD: Automatic AND manual left-luggage facility, Level 1 besides Car Rentals, near Exit to Taxis. Open 6:15 to 23:15.

Automatic CONSIGNE: This delivers a ticket which must be presented to retrieve luggage. Don't lose it.
Left-luggage remains YOUR responsibility. Don't leave valuables.
Bikes are not allowed.
Cost payable in change, get right amount. Cost depends on the Gare and on size of storage.
Paris Gare du Nord: 4, 7 or 9,5 Euros for 48 or 72 hours.

WHERE MANUAL Left-Luggage is available (as is the case in Gare du Nord):
4,50 Euros per luggage (suitcase or package) for 24 hours; 5,30 Euros per bike, wheelchair or voiturette for 24 hours.

Manual and Automatic CONSIGNE may be temporarily unavailable for security reasons.

P.S. I read in another Forum that the larger automatic consigne can accommodate a guitar case and more. For anything beyond that size, it seems the Manual Left-Luggage Service can be used.
Nothing indicates that you can book ahead and I strongly doubt it.

All the best!

by alza

ooops sorry if I repeat what was said already! I had not seen any reply when I started typing my answer... :)

by alza

tks Pedro! I love to research info about places I know, but I'm always distracted by a hundred things while I type my answers...

by nut_meg

Thanks alza and pedmar.

Shame we can't do less than 24hours at a cheaper rate. But, looks easy to use at least.

Thanks :-)

Travel Tips for Paris

Eglise de Sainte Etienne

by Kate-Me

This church was begun in 1492 and not finished till 1622. It's a mixture of Gothic and Renaissance style, in the Latin Quarter.
I just happened to come across it, and even under scaffold, it still looked great.

Sacre Coeur church

by Laura_Mexico

This is an utterly beautiful church located on a hill towards the northern part of the city, in the Montmartre area (which isn't very nice itself and has a rather bad reputation, but has something of a "local touch", so it's worth a visit).

Visit the Arc de Troimphe, a...

by S_R_NAIDU

Visit the Arc de Troimphe, a pink marble monumemt built as a symbol of Napoleon's victories. From the Place de la Concorde all the way to the top of Champs-Elysees, you will come across Place Charles de Gaulle and it is at this busy area stands the Arc de Triomphe. You can go up the elevator to the top and have a panoramic view of Paris.

Friday night rollerbladers

by BeatChick

During my 2nd trip to Paris, my friend Kristin & I had gone out one Friday night so that Kristin could find a payphone to call her fiancée. We were somewhere in the 7th arrondissement, when all of a sudden policemen on rollerbladers came gliding past, then WHOOSH! a whole BUNCH of roller bladers swept by! We stood there and watched the whole procession; didn't really have a choice since we couldn't cross the street to get back to our hotel. It must've taken about a half hour for the whole group to troop past. And at the end, of course, were more policemen watching the stragglers.

And apparently, they do the same thing on Sundays during the day. It's supposed to be a more leisurely roll with families out roller blading & pushing babies & young children in strollers. I had walked past Nôtre Dame, turned right and saw a whole SLEW of rollerbladers. I’d seen the Friday night rollerbladers but wasn’t sure if this was the same so I asked some English ladies and they said they didn't know. We saw some people pushing kids in prams in that crowd and we decided we probably would never do that – might put the children in danger. Then one of the ladies laughed and said she wouldn't put herself in danger, *period!*, by rollerblading. It was quite an amazing site!

Also, if you're going to do the Friday night rollerblading you need to understand that you must be a very good rollerblader; if you fall behind the police will put you out of the group. But the Sunday rollerbladers are a lot more relaxed so if you're a fairly decent rollerblader than this would be the event for you.

The weather

by sim1

When I think of Paris, I think of beautiful sunny weather and strolling along the river Seine. And yes, that is what I did! But, it isn't always that sunny, so be prepared for some rain! During my latest visit to Paris in October I had both. Quite a bit of sun, but also some cloudy skies and a bit of rain.

I've added two charts that give you some idea about the weather in Paris. I wouldn't go here in the midst of summer as it can get very hot in the city (+35C). On average the temperatures are much more bearable though. June has an average high of 23C, July 25C and August 25C. After that the temperatures quickly get lower with 16C in October and only +7C in December and February. In April it slowly starts to warm up again with an average of +16C.

The rain seems to be quite constant throughout the year, although a bit less in mm in early spring (March and April). Rainy days are around 12 to 13 the year round, but December/January has on average the most rainy days with 16 to 17 of them.

Comments