Mercure Paris Gobelins Place D Italie

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Pont des Arts, ParisPont des Arts, Paris

Palais de TokyoPalais de Tokyo

Invalides cour avec canons.Invalides cour avec canons.

Chapelle de la Sorbonne, Paris, France 2009Chapelle de la Sorbonne, Paris, France 2009

Paris Visit passe

Dear friends,

I came across the Paris visite Pass & having following queries, Planning to visit Paris in mid-October.

1) Are these passes available on airports (CDG & Orly)?
2) Is this pass is valid till 5.30 pm only? "coz i'm planning to enter Paris by Orly, my flight is coming around 6 pm. I read that Paris is having nightbuses also.
On that day i'm Considering Transfer to Hotel from Orly & some night travel across the Paris in evening/Night.SO whether to buy it or not?
3) On my 3rd Day i'm planning to visit Disneyland & from their to CDG airport by TGV train (around 5.20pm). Whether i can use it on TGV trains and it is beneficial? I can easily add some early morning tour across Paris if u people suggest me to buy this pass & if i can use it for airport transfer to CDG from Disney.

Thanks to all.

by K_V_B

The Paris Visite Pass is valid for a number of days, and each day is defined as starting at 5:30, and ending at 5:30 the next day. So a three day pass will be valid from 5:30 on day 1 till 5:30 on day 4.
In Europe is is common to use the 24 hour clock, so 5:30 means here 5:30 in the morning.
You'll need the 6 zone pass to get to/from the airport and to Disneyland.
You cannot use this pass on the TGV trains.

Dear Mr. Pedmar,

Many thanks for replying & posting such a descriptive & informative articles on your travel pages.

I've gone through the links, it was really very informative.

After going through the Travel Passe info & the quick maths (as suggested by you :) . I thinking its really beneficial for me to buy 2 days zone 1-6, passe @28,90 euros.

I'm coming from Orly that costs around Euro 10 or 16 on shuttle, In paris i've to roam around the city, so i can use the same; moreover i've to go from Paris to Disneyland and from DisneyLand to CDG Airport...From Disney to CDG it costs around Euro 15.90 by TGV but i'm still confused whether i can use it on TGV or not 'coz somewhere i've read that it can be used on that.

Moreover as per the details, we can get 20% discount on Disneyland ticket also, if that is the case then we can save around 10 Euro on the ticket (Ticket cost is Euro 53).

Dear KVB,

First of all thanks for replying.

Your posting solved my half problem. :)))

But, i've read somewhere it can be used on the Disneyland-CDG route.

Travel Tips for Paris

Museums and Monuments Pass

by roamer61

A very good idea when in Paris for a few days is to purchase the Museums and Monuments Pass. Available in muliple day increments, this pass gets the holder into most of the museums and monuments in and around the city. It also enables you to bypass the queues at the larger more famous museums, such as the Louvre and the Musee de Orsay. The pass can be purchased in advance online, through a tour operator or upon arrival at the Paris Office of Tourism. In either case, it is highly recommended. especially if you plan on visiting a number of museums.

Like night and day

by kiwi78

I highly recommend saving seeing one of the landmarks to do at night - you get a whole different view of the town at night. We decided to see the Arc de Triomphe on our first night in town and were glad we did that. I also loved Notre Dame - my favourite cathedral that I visited in Europe (and there is no shortage of them!). The food. Oh the food.....hmmmm

Crazy and excited drivers

by Norali

I know.. I would have copy-pasted it from any other VT pages here (so to speak, I don't copy-paste anyway).. but yes, I noticed Parisians are crazy drivers.

Not necessarily in the way they drive, rather in the way they behave while being stuck in traffic jams. I came from a country where very few people respected circulation codes and the rights of pedestrians. Compared to what I knew, Parisians were OK regarding that.

Still, I noticed they used to moan a lot. Traffic jams were the occasions to see that. They don't hoot that much... but I noticed, so many times, guys who were stuck in traffic jam who insulted the other drivers.
"Connard !", "Enc*lé !", those were familiar to my poor ears. Usually, no elegant women to do that. Instead, I saw them moaning in their cars and gesticulating with hands... That is a fond memory.. in a sense that in Madagascar, people who are stuck in traffic jams use horns a lot... I would rather say "too much".

I was on holidays, not involved in any logicstics and timing concerns. I just enjoyed seeing every streets, listening the adults discussing, shopping... Time didn't have any hold on me.

The French in Paris

by BruinKristin

When in France, try to act as French as possible for the best service and interaction with French people.
A little effort with speaking French and a nice smile will get you far. The French don't find American accents as cute as others abroad do : )

you were so right about these shoes...

by Zanee

Shoes ! I really can't emphasise enough the importance of comfortable shoes . I don't mean ones that you can walk happily around the shops in for a few hours- though I don't think anything can really prepare you for how much walking you will potentially be doing. I took a pair of tried and tested flat, leather ballet-type pumps. In every day life they are like a second skin - after 14 hours of sight-seeing I don't think the Inquisition could have devised a more excruciating torture devise! Five weeks later I still bear the blood blister on my heel . However the strappy, heeled sandals which I took for evenings were actually wonderfully comfortable for the next four days.

Comments